Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and Tignes-Val D'Isere (formerly Espace Killy) 2022/3. Useful links on Page 1

Poster: A snowHead
@larkim, On previous strike days there still seemed to be a good number of buses circulating between 0800 and 0930. (lifties and instructors need to get to work) Maybe give yourself an extra 10 minutes just to be sure.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On strike days last month, The normally continuous navettes were running two buses on each circuit which meant one every 15 minutes or so really not that awful at all
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks both, will kick the youngest out of bed ten minutes early and see how things go.

He's having a cracker of a week in the Teen Academy group with EV2 so would be a shame to miss one.

Weather looking less than pleasant tomorrow!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
larkim wrote:
Strikes again tomorrow; out of interest, how badly affected were the navettes and the lifts on previous strike days? Don't want to be left in the lurch with getting youngest to ski school from VC down to Lac tomorrow am in particular!

Zenbus app is in hand!

A couple of more minor lifts were closed on previous strike days, but most unaffected.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They were running a 'reduced' service... Notices up on each bus stop stressing what was running and when.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh, and it's still snowing as of 8am. A good 4 inches on the balcony in Lac... Might be an epic day of the weather clears so we can actually see!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Update on buses from the Tignes app

For 13 April :

Circuit 2100, shuttle buses from 7:30 to 22:00
Circuit 1800, shuttle buses from 9:00 to 17:45
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Epic day (by our terms!) rounded off with a delicious meal at L'Armoise.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Indinogo comedy continues. I received an e mail this morning inviting me to renew my contract for the 6 months of the summer. The Marie has just issued a statement via illiwap to say it’s free!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Heading out to Tignes tomorrow for a week - the conditions look amazing on the webcams - can't wait!

Thanks to everyone on this thread for this season - you've all kept me going until our trip this year.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well cover is still great. A bit of flat light then snow from around 11:00. Was just about snowing down in Brev. The final part of the piste there was a little agricultural and in consequence not very popular. The snow stopped for a brief period, just enough time for a quick picnic, then came back with a bit of a vengeance and it is still at it.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wow, even better today. Overnight snow showers in the village produced some decent accumulations higher up. There was great powder on piste and even better off. Mrs SL has had to return to Scotland for a few days for a family emergency. She left me with strict instructions not to ski off piste alone. Luckily, I bumped into some mates fairly quickly and we had some lovely snow. I don't remember any better conditions on the north face of the Borsat, with top to bottom consistent (slightly heavy) powder with no wind impact. I now have the dilemma of what to tell her when she returns. It was interesting how when we continued our run to the village, on piste, how many different types of snow we encountered ending in light slush - I guess that's skiing in springtime.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
First day in Val D’Isere so got the Solaise and did lots of laps up there all the way over to Cascade/Montets. Conditions early were fantastic, perfect groomers with just enough to get a firm edge.

Skied solidly from 8.50am to 2pm with just a coffee stop and then came back down to the village just as a few flurries passed through.

Decided to go up Olimpique and try and head over to Tignes. Bit of a mistake as the runs aren’t steep enough and the snow was really slow and grabby so just got Fresse back and called it a day. Great first day though, can’t believe it’s almost May.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Back from a three day trip and couldn’t have asked for better conditions. Second day was blue skies which eventually broke in to clouds and the odd flurry but pistes held up really well.

Genepy from the funicular in Tignes was a highlight on Sunday and deserted laps on Glacier chair at Soliase yesterday after about 15cm overnight were more like winter than two weeks before the end of the season. Just a shame we weren’t staying longer as bet conditions will hold up amazingly well for the remainder.

Lots of shops and businesses closing up for the season over the weekend too, Le Garage was very busy on Sunday though.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Really has been a super late March/April spell
snow conditions
Cracking day today with good powder on Borsat face, Chardonnet, Grand Huit and off the side of the Motte Genepy. Pistes is great condition with great cover - smooth snow/light slush even still down to Brev. Busier than usual in the morning for this time of year with lots of Dutch folk and ENSA groups but many empty pistes from noon. Shops are announcing closing dates. We are going to try and stick it out to closing day a week on Saturday, but the forecast does not look brilliant it looks like we will have to pop down to Le Lac for shopping - first world problems.
ski holidays
https://www.facebook.com/reel/608413914648754/?s=single_unit
latest report
We leave Tignes today having been here for 2 months. I had to spend 28 days of that looking out the window after picking up a knee injury. Even so, the conditions this march/April have been the best we’ve ever known. The bestesr being about 10 days / 2 weeks ago when we had very cold temps and lots of little top ups of snow so it was more like January than mid April. The conditions have been excellent up until yesterday when a warm night made everything sticky.

It’s chucking down with rain this morning in Val claret, and it’s supposed to stay wet today.

Happy to be leaving after having a great time.
snow conditions
It did indeed stay wet today. There was the odd dry moment and the sun appeared briefly. We stuck at until close of play, by that time the water had finally penetrated to the knees. As you might expect quite slushy, but good fun. There was some avalanche prevention work going on in the morning and it has started again - some very big slides around.
ski holidays
Looks like it's currently snowing heavily in 'Lac, and Val'd reporting 20 cms of fresh snow atop Bellevarde.
latest report
@GeorgeVII, indeed. We reckon there was 10” at the top of Toviere. Very heavy and humid - we did not stay out too long and there were not too many people persisting. People (including us) finding it difficult to maintain a line through the chopped up heavy stuff. Most of the snow must have fallen after the slopes were pisted. There are however loads of Dutch beginner families around so very busy through the Bollin area of VC. Still dumping and it looks like snow down to at least Brev. It says 7 degrees outside the apartment in VC though.
snow conditions
Blush
Ski lots wrote:
@GeorgeVII, indeed. We reckon there was 10” at the top of Toviere. Very heavy and humid - we did not stay out too long and there were not too many people persisting. People (including us) finding it difficult to maintain a line through the chopped up heavy stuff. Most of the snow must have fallen after the slopes were pisted. There are however loads of Dutch beginner families around so very busy through the Bollin area of VC. Still dumping and it looks like snow down to at least Brev. It says 7 degrees outside the apartment in VC though.

Would it be worth a flying visit Thursday thru Saturday or is the local forecast different to the online ones I’ve seen, which are saying it’s to freeze at night?!!
snow report
@Papapete, I suppose the question is do you like slush? There is supposed to be some overnight freeze and the skies are clearing, but freezing levels predicted to go up over 3,000m. Bear in mind that whilst Val is open it is now only supposed to be Bellvarde that is in operation as well as the glacier in Tignes and the circuit of the lake. We are usually here for the last week, but this year is busier than most with a very large Dutch group; race training; and ENSA and othe nationality instructor training. But hey it’s skiing init.
snow conditions
We drive the 3.5 hours from home to Glencoe to ski in the rain so sounds ideal..!! I’ll check at lunchtime to see what flights are left!
ski holidays
I skied knee deep powder (quite heavy but right at the top we had face shots) on the Motte this am... from about Vanoise chair base height it got very heavy .... very very good morning considering its May! Piste holding up nicely but gets soft and slushy from mid am almost everywhere! Overall Id say the snow is better in Val than Tignes but more open in Tignes thats for sure!
snow report
I skied knee deep powder (quite heavy but right at the top we had face shots) on the Motte this am... from about Vanoise chair base height it got very heavy .... very very good morning considering its May! Piste holding up nicely but gets soft and slushy from mid am almost everywhere! Overall Id say the snow is better in Val than Tignes but more open in Tignes thats for sure!
snow conditions
@Papapete, we do similar when at home. As @SteveAngus says coverage is great and quieter (and slushier) in the afternoon. Rather sticky down to La Daille. Forecast seems to have improved a bit. Perhaps the slushy will be sloppy rather than sticky.
ski holidays
Flying out Thursday on the early flight so should be in Tignes early afternoon so will just need to ski whatever’s underfoot! It’s bit far just to dine and drink beer for 2 days!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Papapete, well that’s dedication to the cause. Have a good trip.
snow conditions
@Papapete, well done! Let us know how you get on. I still have one trip in me I think but alas it looks like it will be Hintertux or even Scandinavia at this point.
ski holidays
Brilliant spring day today - you had to look hard to find a hint of a cloud. Decent refreeze overnight worked wonders. Pretty quiet in the afternoon and the slush, where it was, tended to be sloppy rather sticky. Like flying down a country road in a soft-top on a summers day. Forecast has improved for the last few days.
snow report
@Ski lots, love that description.
snow conditions
Ski lots wrote:
Brilliant spring day today - you had to look hard to find a hint of a cloud. Decent refreeze overnight worked wonders. Pretty quiet in the afternoon and the slush, where it was, tended to be sloppy rather sticky. Like flying down a country road in a soft-top on a summers day. Forecast has improved for the last few days.

That’s music to my ears!! Which I can just about hear after informing my darling wife that yes a was going skiing AGAIN, and would she mind getting up in the middle of the night to take me to the airport……again!
latest report
Such a great time of the year to ski. Great snow cover, very extensive off piste, quiet runs, cheap lift tickets, discount ski hire, high chance of several hours of apres sun bathing…… Cool
snow report
Another lovely day, with a good overnight freeze. A little more cloud but a little fewer people, permitting exclude use of some pistes from lunchtime. Some beautiful smooth spring off-piste in the morning.
snow report
Val d’Isere have confirmed the dates for next winter season.
2 Dec until 5 May.
snow conditions
Is summer glacier skiing happening this year on GM?

Last year was obviously a bit of a disaster due to the very warm May and June.
latest report
@NoMapNoCompass, I don’t know but they have been ploughing , if that’s the right word , snow from wind catchers so I’d say they plan to .
ski holidays
muppet wrote:
2 Dec until 5 May.

Did you tune into the meeting live as been looking for the minutes today! Wow a week later than normal!
ski holidays
Steve Angus wrote:
muppet wrote:
2 Dec until 5 May.

Did you tune into the meeting live as been looking for the minutes today! Wow a week later than normal!

I’m also still waiting on the full printed minutes Very Happy

I didn’t have the patience or enough language skills to follow the 24 points on the agenda today.

What has also been announced is the town wants to take back the lease of the Auto Centre/Garage in La Daille next winter. So if you need any help with your car or to purchase chains ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy