Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The FIS Ski WC 2022/23 Thread + Courchevel Méribel 2023

Poster: A snowHead
Great article on the history of Lake Louise playing host to the whitecircus...
https://skiracing.com/winterstart-from-unconventional-roots-to-iconic-venue/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@extremerob, very informative article.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
extremerob wrote:
Great article on the history of Lake Louise playing host to the whitecircus...
https://skiracing.com/winterstart-from-unconventional-roots-to-iconic-venue/

Serge Lange was the Bernie Ecclestone of ski racing. He was the driving force of the World Cup, making it what it is today. However, have to say that on the LL course, most competent recreational skiers could read book whilst skiing it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just checked the Eurosport coverage for the weekend's (Fri, Sat, Sun) racing LL (men) and Killington (w) sl and g/s -
MEN - Fri LL d/h 8.30pm cet. Sun LL super g 8.30pm cet. No live schedule showing on Eurosport for Sat LL super g.
WOMEN - Sat g/s No live schedule and Sun sl 4pm and 5.45pm.
These are Eursport 1. Presume Sat races are on 2 or player.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oops, correction Sun Killington sl 4pm and 7pm (I think!)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@davidthornton, I'm finding your post a bit confusing as to what is scheduled and what isnt but ladies GS live saturday 1st run on eurosport 2 at 3.00pm and second run on eurosport 2 at 5.45pm. Men's super G Saturday at 7pm eurosport 2
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@holidayloverxx, I lifted the info from the programm page of Eurosprt.de
Thanks for the update.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@davidthornton, my times are UK taken from Eurosport channel on Sky
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A reminder to all:

Friday 25 Nov - Men's Downhill - Lake Louise - 1930 GMT
Saturday 26 Nov - Men's SuperG - Lake Louise - 1930 GMT
Sunday 27 Nov - Men's SuperG - Lake Louise - 1930 GMT

Saturday 26 Nov - Women's Giant Slalom - Killington - 1st Run 1500 GMT, 2nd Run 1800 GMT
Sunday 27 Nov - Women's Slalom - Killington - 1st Run 1515GMT, 2nd Run 1800 GMT

Watchable via Eurosport/Discovery+ on the app - Eurosport via Sky/Virgin has slightly different programming/not covering all the races live.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Todays DH today(tonight) has been cancelled due to the weather. The DH will now take place tomorrow at 1930 GMT replacing the SG.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I see that GB have a skier in the d/h, Steudle at 67.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nice to have Emma Carrick-Anderson back on Eurosport co-comms.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@PrimroseAndBlue, yes..I thought she was very good
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@davidthornton, last ..but at least he finished, which was a better result than Dominik Paris and Maurio Caviezel
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well there was a tie for joint first position in the Women's World Cup slalom event in Killington! How often does that happen?
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, more often than you'd expect. Fantastic result for both
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Alastair PinkFantastic result for both

Indeed, and you could see how happy they both were! Very Happy
ski holidays
well, yesterday was an off day for Shiffrin and Wendy finally got to top of the podium, fantastic Very Happy
ski holidays
Great for Holdener, finally getting that W! In a way, a slight shame it was shared with Anna Swenn Larsson, but fantastic nonetheless after so many podiums.

Odermatt was a little bit good in that Super G!
snow report
Timings for this weekend's activities:

Friday 02 Dec - Mens Downhill - Beaver Creek - 1715 GMT
Saturday 03 Dec - Mens Downhill - Beaver Creek - 1700 GMT
Sunday 04 Dec - Mens SuperG - Beaver Creek - 1700 GMT

Friday 02 Dec - Womens Downhill - Lake Louise - 1900 GMT
Saturday 03 Dec - Womens Downhill - Lake Louise - 1930 GMT
Sunday 04 Dec - Womens SuperG- Lake Louise - 1800 GMT
snow report
News item (NBC Sports) -
"Mikaela Shiffrin will not race downhills and a super-G in Lake Louise, Alberta, this weekend, skipping the traditional first speed races of the World Cup season for the first time since 2014 to focus on training her primary events of slalom and giant slalom.

Shiffrin decided before the season began that she would not race Lake Louise, a representative said. A reason: For the first time in six years, tech races rather than speed races in Europe are scheduled for the weekend following Lake Louise.

Shiffrin’s schedule for now includes the next speed races in St. Moritz, Switzerland, from Dec. 16-18, but that may change".
latest report
DEAL ALERT

Discovery+ Free for BT Sport Subscribers / Customers via BT

Quote:

If you are a BT Sport customer then you are eligible for discovery+ at no extra cost.

However you receive BT Sport, whether it’s via BT TV, the BT Sport app, BT Sport on Sky, EE or Plusnet, discovery+ is available to you.

you have to subscribe via BT, EE or Plusnet. Not Sky or Virgin.

https://www.bt.com/sport/discovery-plus?referrerid=ZA00&utm_source=awin&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_content=ZA00&awc=3043_1669938191_56f1f4747657b65aede4ac45a4f3b802

latest report
Not sure if it's the same deal as Sky, if it is you don't get any sports what so ever.

I've got Sky with EuroSport and Discovery Plus and the racing today isn't being shown from what I can see unless you pay for the Discovery Plus Package with Sport. (£6.99 a month)
snow report
I'm with Virgin - according to my guide, some of the racing this weekend is on BT Sport, rather than Eurosport. Should all be available as long as you have the sports package.
latest report
Beaver Creek DH Race Cancelled

The Mens DH at Beaver Creek has been cancelled today due to snowfall and strong winds.

Snow Control Val D'Isere

FIS give green light for the tech events next weekend in Val D'Isere on the Face de Bellevarde
ski holidays
extremerob wrote:
Beaver Creek DH Race Cancelled

The Mens DH at Beaver Creek has been cancelled today due to snowfall and strong winds.

Todays’s Women's DH at Lake Louise 2000 CET still on though? At least somethings on.
latest report
ster wrote:
At least somethings on.

Even if we can't watch it! rolling eyes (I'm with Virgin.)
latest report
Morning All, what is going on with Eurosport? My beloved biathlon is no longer listed and last night There was no skiing. I am Virgin, do I need to buy a different package? If you could give an idea of what I need to do to watch both sports I would be really grateful, thanks
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Harrow lady, The problem with Eurosport is that they do not stick to the published listings! - they are showing 'dual slalom' on 2 as I type, when the tv guide says it should be SnowBoarding....

I don't think you need to change your package

=====edit=====

Found this on the 'net'

"From the 2022/23 season, Warner Bros Discovery will provide coverage of all men’s and women’s IBU World Cup events on its Eurosport linear network, as well as the Eurosport streaming service and the Discovery+ direct-to-consumer (DTC) platform."

try Discovery+ on Virgin

======2nd edit=====
The Discovery channels on Virgin do not seem to include that channel
latest report
@albob, thank you so much,
I am so annoyed… it is the only reason why I pay the xl package.
ski holidays
I see that Biathlon is scheduled tomorrow (12.00 and 14.15 Pm)

https://www.eurosport.com/tvschedule.shtml
snow report
@albob, not with Virgin. The only way now is with Eurovision tv but is without commentary Evil or Very Mad
on other news what a start for Sofia Goggia, she can overtake Shiffrin today,
snow conditions
@Harrow lady, Hmm -- I keep forgetting that Eurosport UK have different schedules, probably dropped Biathlon for Snooker...?

I see they are showing Biathlon highlights at 7PM

Just in passing - you do not need the XL package to get Eurosport

Have a look here - https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide
snow conditions
I'm catching up with the Super Gs tonight and chose to watch the women's super G before the men's. Why oh why do commentators feel the need to give out the result for other race of the day as part of their commentary? Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
@motyl, first rule of watching the races on catch up, watch them in the order they happened! I learnt the same the hard way too!
ski holidays
We have Sky but I have ended up paying for the Discovery+ subscription (£6.99 a month) just so I can see all the races.

The website and app are dreadful, they even make the old Eurosport Player seem good.

Agree with giving out the results, drives you mad.
latest report
Eurosport covering the first run of the Women's slalom from Sestriere at the moment....

2nd leg of the slalom is due to start at 12:30 UK time.
snow conditions
Mens run 2 now
snow report
extremerob wrote:
DEAL ALERT

Discovery+ Free for BT Sport Subscribers / Customers via BT

Quote:

If you are a BT Sport customer then you are eligible for discovery+ at no extra cost.

However you receive BT Sport, whether it’s via BT TV, the BT Sport app, BT Sport on Sky, EE or Plusnet, discovery+ is available to you.

you have to subscribe via BT, EE or Plusnet. Not Sky or Virgin.

https://www.bt.com/sport/discovery-plus?referrerid=ZA00&utm_source=awin&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_content=ZA00&awc=3043_1669938191_56f1f4747657b65aede4ac45a4f3b802

Thanks for the heads up.

BT is my internet provider (I'm now on fibre optic connection for the last few months) and I get the BT Sport app included by default, although I've hardly ever used it. Now that Discovery+ is also included on my BT subscription with all the skiing coverage etc that's on Eurosport I've just now set up the Discovery+ app and checked that it's working and I can see the skiing programmes. My current Eurosport subscription runs until March 2023 when it's due for automatic renewal, so I've just now cancelled the automatic renewal, which is a small saving, but as they say every little helps. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Wendy Holdener! The monkey clearly removed from her shoulders and a great win.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy