Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2022/23 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
@radar, clearly I should‘ve motivated myself and gone out. But had decided on a day of rest after a tiring evening and an uncomfortable night on a camp bed.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@tatmanstours, we weren’t expecting much from today and very pleasantly surprised.
You will have to explain the camp bed when we meet
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah the run over to Leogang in the morning on Friday was beautiful, on the way back about 1pm it was getting heavy and bumpy.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The run back to Saalbach was good 164 off the top, which can be chewed up was in the best condition I’ve seen it for some time, 152 into town was soft and lumpy .
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
radar wrote:
The run back to Saalbach was good 164 off the top, which can be chewed up was in the best condition I’ve seen it for some time, 152 into town was soft and lumpy .

we didnt start out until 12.30 ish but as you say the local runs were much better than we thought they might have been . we ended up in the panorama alm igloo and found ourselves in the middle of a group of norwegians hell bent on taking advantage of the fact that lager and shots are a1/4 of the price as in their home town so was a steady run home in the evening dusk. Qne of the most endearing things about saalbach is how if youve a mind to join in all the different nationalities welcome you in particular the dutch and the scandinavians, weve made many friends/ acquaintances some we see returning over the years
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Heading out Saturday, very last minute booking, hoping there is not too much rain or that it is at least falling as snow higher up! Updates from those there very much welcome.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

@Gilly28, Rain/Snow at village snow higher up.

Zwolferkogel this afternoon

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 15-03-23 7:29; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@radar, Thanks for that!! Fingers crossed for next week! Wouldn't mind some sun for next week also! Not asking for much Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The conditions today were terrible - torrential rain at times, and rain-soaked snow all the way up. For perhaps the first time ever I did only one run from the top of Kohlmais to the mid-station and then downloaded on the gondola. It was like skiing through treacle.
But, tomorrow might be a very different story - subzero temperatures tonight and tomorrow, with new snow. Could be what the doctor ordered.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Turning my thoughts to booking for a pre Christmas week. Flights booked going out 16th goig 23rd Dec. I am eyeing up a ski in ski out place in Saalbach....

I have just checked out this thread looks like that week was good this season as was that lovely cold snap just before Christmas heatwave?

I know this is really up there with what are the lottery numbers for this weekend but how snow sure?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@NickyJ, we have been coming around those dates since 2016 haven’t had a problem so far , there will be small number of runs that might not be open but there has been plenty to ski, Tatmantours will certainly vouch for that .
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@radar, thankyou
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@tatmanstours I’m
Currently in Mayrhofen. Was torrential rain at village level yesterday. Pushed up to 2000m heavy snow, mid afternoon cloud lifted, absolutely glorious and deserted. I think the rain had scared people away! I need to head home today, interested to hear how Saalbach has shaped up as heading out there on 30th, night time temperatures due to plummet this week (although very warm in day), and it looks like more snow on way.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dravot, we are booked to Mayrhofen in just over 2 weeks. How are the slopes? Getting rather excited snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
As you might expect, higher up is pretty decent, 2000m down to middle is pretty slushy. There’s always the bus up to Hintertux, webcams showing -10c there!
In Mayrhofen I was sat in the town having a beer in just a T-shirt on Monday afternoon!
snow report
This morning 162, groomed piste with power on top Very Happy

ski holidays
Looking decent. Air temps to -7 tonight!
snow conditions
Back to January weather today! A few cm of new snow at village level, and obviously more higher up, have transformed the situation. The temperature has also dropped into minus figures, freezing the previously slushy pistes and causing ice.
The Steinberg run down to the valley in Leogang was in reasonable condition. It was lightly snowing all the way back to Saalbach. Piste 152 down to the village was a revelation - better than I’ve seen it for a very long time, if not all season.
latest report
@NickyJ, I’ve been arriving in Saalbach pre-Christmas every season since 2006/7. For many years I’ve aimed to arrive around 10th December. Next season I plan to arrive by the end of November. In only two or three seasons has the snow cover been poor, and even then I was able to ski on upper pistes on Christmas Day.
In times of snow drought, affecting all resorts in the area, or even across the Alps, Saalbach has managed well, thanks to its heavy investment in snowmaking.
snow conditions
Glad to hear turn for the better weather wise today, looks like warming up and a good bit more rain Sunday/Monday ... here's hoping the freezing level drops a bit Confused
latest report
A restaurant recommendation, we have eaten twice at Il Desco, up by the Otzi bar, it’s part of the Panther hotel, the cooking is done by a lovely Italian couple, if you have their Lasagna then you won’t need breakfast!
snow conditions
@radar, that’s interesting. I think that restaurant gets somewhat overlooked, although it’s been in business for many years, so it must get enough trade. I did eat there once, many years ago, and I remember that the pasta was very good.
ski holidays
@tatmanstours, we ate there in January and again this week , the pasta dishes are excellent, the now do pizza as well.
Totally agree that it gets overlooked
snow conditions
Is that the little white place on the corner?
ski holidays
@ollski2.0, yes
ski holidays
radar wrote:
@tatmanstours, we ate there in January and again this week , they pasta dishes are excellent, the now do pizza as well.
Totally agree that it gets overlooked
latest report
On our way home after a ten day trip which other than a couple of 1/2 days of rain stopped play our trip was again great. This was the first time in over 10 years in saalbach that we have lost any significant piste time due to the weather . The pistes allowing for the weather were very well kept, we didnt ski over a rock ,bare patch or severe ice ,even the runs to the villages were all complete even if not perfectat the bottom , The only slight dissapointment was the run down to viehofen was bare .The piste management was simply brilliant bearing in mind the lack of natural snow this season .Our post skiing pre dinner apres was again great fun where ever we went mainly bergeralm, panoramaalm on the way home , hinterhag, burgis, eva alm etc later although coming down the last bit from the hinterhag was eventful.( glad father xmas brought me a head torch a couple of years ago),As for lunches, coffee stops, drinks etc up in the mountains all the places we went to offered good food and service at sensible prices ,we particularly liked forstofalm down in leogang astizs etc , the wallgalem was fun with a singer over lunch time though wasnt the advertised michala.We didnt make it to fieberbrun this year so will have to make plans for next , cheers all
snow conditions
long range forecast showing a (very) cold spell and precipitation for end of the month in Saalbach...could be a great end to season!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dravot, Lets hope so. Out on the 25th and was going to bring tennis raquet or extra drinking vouchers. Toofy Grin
snow report
@peter w, likewise I'd noted the rather tropical weather for the next week and wondering what we'd be left with! Fingers crossed for the cold snap.
snow conditions
As a cockney holiday rep in Saalbach said to me in late March many years ago, “there’s always one more damp”.
Just had a cancellation for the first week of April, if anyone’s looking for an apartment.
latest report
I've given up on a season closer this year, gutted but closed the book.
snow report
Love spring skiing! As long as the sun is out don’t mind early skiing and late lunch early finish, sunbath/swimming pool. Best of both worlds whats not to love!
ski holidays
I do love spring skiing too, but this year I did it in February.
ski holidays
Yesterday at Genuss 12

The pistes in Hinterglem / Hochalm were very quiet and enjoyable.

ski holidays
Do they do an equivalent of Carte Neige in Austria?
ski holidays
@Gilly28, not to my knowledge, but membership of the Austrian Alpine Club is inexpensive and covers you for mountain rescue all year round throughout Europe.
ski holidays
@tatmanstours, Thanks good to know, obviously have insurance for skiing, but good to cover all bases when its a low cost. I was skiing like a beginner yesterday Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh!
snow report
crikey a week ski time and not a post on this thread ,has everyone given up and gone home? seems to be a fair number of pistes still in operation . Mindst from the webcams doesnt seem to be many folk about. my main question is how did the so called dutch week impinge on the enjoyment of others in village venues which effectively looked like ticket only, reason being next year it could be that for a number of reasons we may end up going earlier or later and so could end up clashing, Cheers
snow report
@ski for fun, Dutch week is quite focused on a small number of venues, Swips bar and lounge and Burgi's are exclusive to Dutch week, the Maisalm kicks off at 2pm but you can lunch there with out a problem as we did, Panorama Alm 12 to 16.30 I believe it's the whole of the place. Then there is thee Taverne night club.

Didn't hit the Soul House , they start checking for armbands from 18.00, the house band finished the Thursday or Friday before Dutch week started.

To be honest it didn't affect the choice of places to eat or drink for us apart from Burgi's which we like to drop into, it wasn't busier from the week before on the slopes, if anything quite during the week.

Mid station Zwoferkogel Thursday last week, you can see how crowded it is Very Happy

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy