Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2022 / 2023

Poster: A snowHead
Conditions are remarkably good considering how much traffic the resort has had in the past weeks and how little snow. The top up today has made a lot of the thin spots less challenging to navigate too and following tomorrows snowfall and overnight grooming it should very good indeed.

Top of Arpette this afternoon.

https://flic.kr/p/2oaoAaM
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ooh exciting, a resort thread to follow!

In the absence of SFaB this year, a few of us have just booked for 1st April a chalet in Plagne Soleil. Cheeky 2nd week of the season!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
first week of April going to be simply superb this year, @always29.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bigtuboflard, Which Chalet? I'll take some pics next time I pass that way.

Ooops I Meant Always29
Laughing

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 9-01-23 12:06; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We’ve stopped in the new build of the Turquoise apartment in Belle Plagne @boredsurfin. Really nice set up.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks @JulieAimeLeSki, @skichampcouk - fingers crossed for tomorrow, the forecast looks sublime!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Winter has definitely returned. More fresh snow. Almost a blue sky this morning. The road in Bellecôte/belle Plagne is still somewhat white. The trees have a covering. It looks like early december before the rainy episodes. Time for some giant slalom
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowed from 1.00am ish, a nice covering all around now, and snowing gently now
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Handy Turnip, Still only the blue open back to La Roche but the Reds now have lots of snow on them - they are still not technically pistes as they have no poles or signs - so a few people skiing the 6 ins of powder on them....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Superb conditions this morning, about 30cm of fresh on a groomed base and blue skies. Got first tracks off the back of Blanchets down towards Champagny and the a few laps on Verdons Sud red and black under the chair. Clouded over about 11 and now snowing steadily with no sign of it easing off.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin wrote:
@Handy Turnip, Still only the blue open back to La Roche but the Reds now have lots of snow on them - they are still not technically pistes as they have no poles or signs - so a few people skiing the 6 ins of powder on them....

Thanks boredsurfin for the update - strange that they haven't put the poles out yet, I'd always assumed that they did that before the season started, not wait for it to snow enough. Makes me a little nervous.. The next batch of snow is due lower so if they haven't opened those slopes by the end of the week, you start to wonder if they ever will.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bigtuboflard wrote:
Superb conditions this morning, about 30cm of fresh on a groomed base and blue skies. Got first tracks off the back of Blanchets down towards Champagny and the a few laps on Verdons Sud red and black under the chair. Clouded over about 11 and now snowing steadily with no sign of it easing off.

We passed each other closely this morning then, I was waiting at the entrance to Blanchets from 9 to 9.10am Smile can only agree, what a wonderful day !
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Handy Turnip, Its been snowing down to the valley since 13:00 wind blowing hard as well. Forecast to snow all night - the morning will be interesting.
it doesn't take them long to pole and sign a piste - I guess it will be down to availability of snow groomers to put a base down.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Handy Turnip wrote:
boredsurfin wrote:

Thanks boredsurfin for the update - strange that they haven't put the poles out yet, I'd always assumed that they did that before the season started, not wait for it to snow enough. Makes me a little nervous.. The next batch of snow is due lower so if they haven't opened those slopes by the end of the week, you start to wonder if they ever will.

The poles are in the snow, not the ground, so you need snow to actually be on the ground before you can put them in.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cheers @boredsurfin, @TOLOCOMAN - be interesting to see what the morning brings.
latest report
Another gorgeous day. Impressive quantity of fresh snow to wake up to this morning and a full day of sun. We're approaching excellent snow conditions in Belle Plagne/Bellecôte. Noticeably less people around than the holiday weeks just before.
snow report

Here's pic of the day ..
snow report
@Handy Turnip, No sign of them opening the reds - this taken from La Roche chairlift this morning... flat light and horrible....
Still lots of Piste closed banners - but as it hasn't been open this season how can it be closed snowHead
ski holidays
Cheers for the update, @boredsurfin - assuming the snow is better, I'm starting to assume that the reason it's closed is due to something else!
ski holidays
@Handy Turnip, they are saving those slopes just for us - we are back out next week snowHead
snow report
Jonpim wrote:
@Handy Turnip, they are saving those slopes just for us - we are back out next week snowHead

Laughing Laughing Fingers crossed you're right - we're out the week after!
ski holidays
Handy Turnip wrote:
Jonpim wrote:

Laughing Laughing Fingers crossed you're right - we're out the week after!

So are we. More snow forecast before then too!!! Can’t wait
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:
@Handy Turnip, No sign of them opening the reds - this taken from La Roche chairlift this morning...

Piste preparation and maintenance is Paradiski's Achilles Heel
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
No sign of them opening the reds - this taken from La Roche chairlift this morning...

Piste preparation and maintenance is Paradiski's Achilles Heel
snow conditions
@Handy Turnip, Forgot to add, now that the Envers chairlift works most days, the blue is in excellent condition .
snow conditions
@boredsurfin, that's really good news at least!
snow report
@red 27, I thought the piste prep was terrible when we were in la plagne the week before Christmas this year. Worst I've seen. Mounds of man made next to brown pistes
ski holidays
No messing from earlier this week on the road to La Plagne , reckon the Police won’t be too happy about this

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02McPLz5s6wVUq6jUSxv8FYKA683qh7R3Ldydr5XhzCvw58M9ArNeqfWEKQnP1HfMWl&id=100044371390037
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Rob Mackley, he was sliding rather than deliberate no?
ski holidays
@Layne, I thought going up ,deliberate got the hump ?
snow report
@Rob Mackley, no, was just curious. If deliberate the driver clearly did though Smile
snow report
@boredsurfin, ooh just noticed your offer to take some pics when you're passing next!! It's backing onto the Dou du Praz piste - one of the terraced chalets part of the Alpages group of them. I have a feeling it's quite high up so hoping there's a sneaky ski in / out cut through to save a lot of stair schelping! Just checked snow forecast and looks like there's a lot heading your way this week!
latest report
Slightly off topic so apologies but any locals know what happened to the Fort Colorado bar under the lift? Was there in 2019 but guessing Covid got it demolished.
latest report
Is the glacier closed off at the moment? I looked at the lift status and it tells me it is but I checked the webcams and loads of people are on it?
latest report
@vuongh, as discussed a couple of pages back it's no biggie if it's not.
latest report
@vuongh, If plenty of people are on it then the gondola up to it is probably open. But, at this time of year, with this much snow around and a lot forecast for the next week you probably have no need to venture up there.
ski holidays
@bigtuboflard, Yep no sign of it now.
@always29, We stayed in those a few years back great location, vaguely remember an issue with parking and most have easy access to the piste plus a cheeky drop off the Dou du Praz Drag lift to get back home.

@vuongh, Glacier opening is often delayed due to the helicopters ability to be on site (a helicopter HAS to be available as there is no road/ski patrol access for emergencies) Plus the lift often needs de-icing before it will run - its quite elderly now and is being replaced next year.
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, good job we're not driving if there's an issue with parking then rolling eyes but pleased to know they're easy access to the piste and the Sideways part of the group will have to get over the drag lift (or find a different way home!)
ski holidays
@always29, Sideways could learn to use a drag lift or ski's Toofy Grin
snow report
bigtuboflard, we noticed at Christmas that Fort Colorado had been abandoned.
It was just in the wrong place. Until late season it was always dark and dingy, didn't get any sun, and they didn't keep much of the seating area snow free, so what was there was damp to sit on.
It was also rather hidden away, and only accessed from one piste.
Nice idea, just should have been somewhere else.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 12-01-23 22:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy