Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé 2022-23

Poster: A snowHead
@Kooky, gutted to read you won't be skiing. Crying or Very sad I do hope the rehab is going well and that, in due course, you will be as good as new. Maybe a little holiday in London beckons instead, for a change? You know you're always welcome chez moi. x
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mother hucker, I took a corner a little too fast and hit a huge pile of gravel washed down by a storm the day before, broke my tib and fib and had to cycle 2kms down the mountain til I could hit a road and call the ambulance. Bike was fine and I was back riding 7 weeks later but I'm absolutely terrified of falling on it again, it still gives me real pain if I stand too long and to ski off piste I'd really be a liability. It's OK, in my head I've written the season off, may try a gentle ski tour from my house when the snow comes. Please do message if you decide to ski here, Zauchensee is really, really good for off piste, we know all the secret locations!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Hurtle, I've made my peace with it, I shall live the season vicariously through you lot!
Thank you, I may just take you up on that!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Kooky, Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Kooky, you've plenty of time to get ready for piste skiing in the new year...please?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@holidayloverxx,
I'm always up for apres ski! Pretty sure that's OK if you haven't actually skiied Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Kooky, Laughing snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Kooky, Sorry to hear about your accident, on an MTB there always seem to be rocks and gravel to crash onto, rather than nice snow when skiing! Hope you recover quickly.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Mother hucker, I can second what @Kooky, says about Zauchensee, Scarpa showed us some great routes when we did many weeks out there a few years ago.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have found out that the Salzburg Snow Shuttle (Salzburg City to Snowspace) will NOT be running for the 22/23 season but they hope to be back in service for 23/24. We shall see. Other public transport options are shown elsewhere in this thread.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Came across this - its 6 years old but nothing has changed. It very clearly shows the lifts, pistes by colour and the routes round the mountain in Flachau. Doesn't show the back side of the mountain as that is Wagrain. I thought it was very well done...and you can see my house snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/Fkif_-LDngU

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 16-11-22 17:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx wrote:
Came across this - its 6 years old but nothing has changed. It very clearly shows the lifts, pistes by colour and the routes round the mountain in Flachau. Doesn't show the back side of the mountain as that is Wagrain. I thought it was very well done...and you can see my house snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/Fkif_-LDngU

Good that.

But your house is called snowHead?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ster, ha ha - i copied it ...should be the smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kooky wrote:
@Mother hucker, I took a corner a little too fast and hit a huge pile of gravel washed down by a storm the day before, broke my tib and fib and had to cycle 2kms down the mountain til I could hit a road and call the ambulance. Bike was fine and I was back riding 7 weeks later but I'm absolutely terrified of falling on it again, it still gives me real pain if I stand too long and to ski off piste I'd really be a liability. It's OK, in my head I've written the season off, may try a gentle ski tour from my house when the snow comes. Please do message if you decide to ski here, Zauchensee is really, really good for off piste, we know all the secret locations!

JFC, you broke your tib and fib and then cycled two more kms?! Shocked

When I broke my tib and fib many moons ago, I just lay there prone until others rescued me. I hope the rehab goes well and you get back to skiing at some point.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Timmycb5, I've seen the scars - she's hard as nails
latest report
@holidayloverxx, The village has changed a bit. Doesn't show our new place as it was only built last year. We have the keys now by the way Very Happy
ski holidays
@RedandWhiteFlachau, I meant on the slopes..but YAY
latest report
Further update on Public Transport. Salzburg Verkher has announced that you can travel free on Trains and Buses from Salzburg to the Ski Amade with a valid Ski Pass. For information and details to order your lift pass on line click here: https://www.snow-space.com/en/winter/region/directions
snow report
The snow Gods appear to be answering our prayers and the cheeky 4day trip to Schladming on 1 Dec looks to be all set to go! The cannons are a blowing, the real stuff is settling down to resort level and the forecast looks set to be cold. Its always touch and go but we've only had to venture off to the Kaprun glacier once during this 'first weekend of Dec trip' since 2013. I can nearly taste that Schladminger beer already! Cheers everyone!
snow conditions
Lots of snow here this weekend folks. Pistes open to mid-station and preparation continues on the village runs. Not too many folks around today and some great lines to be had. Visibility not so good but brightening up Tue/Wed. More of the same forecasted for next weekend so Christmas week is looking good.
ski holidays
Looking at the Schladming Dachstein website's piste panorama, it looks like the Planai West lift isn't open, and several of the lower runs likewise. Similarly nothing open yet in Filzmoos or Radstadt-Altenmarkt.

Does anyone know if this is due to a later planned opening date or snow? Given the reported dump over the weekend.
latest report
@PrimroseAndBlue, Best info is here: https://www.skiamade.com/winteroperatingtimes

It depends on slope preparation.
Planai west was open today according to the Schladming site and from 17/12/22 most of it Schladming be open.
Radstadt not due to open until 22/12/22 and Filzmoos on 17/12/22.
snow report
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
@PrimroseAndBlue, Best info is here: https://www.skiamade.com/winteroperatingtimes

It depends on slope preparation.
Planai west was open today according to the Schladming site and from 17/12/22 most of it Schladming be open.
Radstadt not due to open until 22/12/22 and Filzmoos on 17/12/22.

Graat, thank you. Conflicting info on the websites! Definitely worth keeping an eye on then.
snow conditions
Hello peeps,
We are staying near spacejet 1 first week in March and would like to find out if there is a ski school based around that base station as it will be a first experience on snow for our grandchildren and it would be really convenient for all if there is?
I am aware of schools up on the hill but for the non skiers in our group a school at base station would be ideal.

TIA Greg
ski holidays
@northantsred, Skischule Flachau. They have 2 locations in Flachau, one is at the space jet...there is a bunny hill with a drag lift. Check with them before you book though
snow report
@holidayloverxx, thanks for your help. Greg Very Happy
ski holidays
@northantsred, As @holidayloverxx, has recommended and they have added in a new magic carpet to the left of the Dampfkessel Bar this year too.
ski holidays
Radstadt-Altenmarkt had its opening day today.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow Update. BLUF: Not great!

No real snowfall since early December and a break from last week's colder temperatures has left things pretty thin. Warm daytime highs mean that degradation of the existing snowpack is considerable. What artificial snow there is is pisted overnight but with additional holiday crowds it gets pretty bumpy on main routes by lunchtime. On ridges where the wind has blown off the top cover it is already showing bare patches and stones are coming through. As for off-piste, there isn't any unless you like grass skiing or rock hard base pack. For those coming New Year week I can't see it improving anytime soon but pistes are generally fun to ski in the mornings and there's plenty to keep the one week a year skier happy.

Local Forecast is for little change until 2nd week of January.
ski holidays
@Timmycb5, I wouldnt really call it cycling, I just sat on the bike and freewheeled down the mountain, when I got to the tarmac I called the ambulance!

@RedandWhiteFlachau, I skiied Zauchensee today, it was actually pretty nice if you chose the right runs at the right time ( locals knowledge Laughing Laughing ) I had my daughter with me , I was on my race skis she was on on my lightweight whitedots and I took her down the world cup piste early on, needless to say I pretty much wrecked the day! We definitely need a top up, but we also skiied Flachau yesterday which I absolutely loathe in high season, but the run down from Space Jet 2 to the valley was glorious, I could have just stayed on that one all day, and there were zero queues which was very odd.
ski holidays
@Kooky, I knew you would crack! Well done

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 27-12-22 0:20; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@Kooky, You made the right calls. As you know, I was on Zauch about the same time as you and not bad at all. However, Flachau on Boxing Day was way more crowded than yesterday. We've had a big influx of Germans throughout the day. Even a tailback to get into the MPries Car Park. Very Happy
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, my first year in about 20 without a season card, feels very odd.
ski holidays
@Kooky, we are definitely skiing together while you are still easing in!
snow report
I'm taking a break this week after the two glorious days with Kooky and the kids. Hoping for a quieter Jan once the NE crowds leave.
ski holidays
Scarpa wrote:
I'm taking a break this week after the two glorious days with Kooky and the kids. Hoping for a quieter Jan once the NE crowds leave.

Lightweight!
ski holidays
@Scarpa, we left before the NY crowds arrived Cool

@RedandWhiteFlachau, I gather you met my lad the other day ? ( Radstadt schischule ) wink
snow report
@Timberwolf, Yep. Nice chap. Need to talk to him about getting my daughter on next year's "Brit List". She's coming back from 2 seasons in Canada.
snow conditions
We're going to be in Wagrain on the 7th. Staying at a place called Haus Hubertus. How are the slopes looking on the ground? They seems to be ok from the webcams.
ski holidays
@luanb, Pistes holding up well but ski early for the best conditions. No off-piste and a bit thin lower down. You can ski to the bottom of all the entry points. Snow due to return from 7/8th Jan so you should have a cracking week.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy