Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who has booked for 2023

Poster: A snowHead
@trmacc, thanks, gave it a try but about the same price for Venice in September. ca £800 for 2 weeks ! not paid more than £300 before
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@richb67, annoying! Have you tried the other "partners" on KLM site, different locations might also have other deals. We've also had a bit of success with Locauto in Italy, when booking direct.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I booked flights for the birthday bash. The return coincides with the start of 1/2 term so flights back to Glasgow were crazy. The Glasgow leg from London was the killer. Return Glasgow to Venice in economy £450.
Lufthansa at about £210.

So I used 25k AVIOS and £70 Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’ve got flight booked to MXP for end of Jan, I moved a back up booking I made for March this year to GNB as I went to MXP instead this year, but haven’t decided where to go as yet, car hire is expensive atm so I may switch to TRN or VRN as there’s much better bus transfer options from there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well now got most of our trip booked for Jan/Feb '23, now stop working so planning 4 weeks in the dolomites.

wk 1 Corvara, wk 2 with family/friends Madonna di Campiglio, weeks 3 & 4 La Villa.

Very few apartments left so proved a bit tricky and couldn't get our original plan. Tried to get an apartment in Arabba for a week but evidently it's full of snowheads Smile also tried Selva nothing decent at a sensible price. We need to book earlier for '24 !
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@richb67, or later.... Sunweb haven't released a lot of their places yet...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've booked a week in Samoens in January. There's going to be 9 of us!
Covid-willing, my new Line Blades should get a good testing.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Very few apartments left so proved a bit tricky and couldn't get our original plan. Tried to get an apartment in Arabba for a week but evidently it's full of snowheads Smile also tried Selva nothing decent at a sensible price. We need to book earlier for '24 !

Are you sure? Many haven't been released yet. For example we haven't decided when ours will be free to rent (not in Dolomites, however)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnE wrote:
Quote:

Are you sure? Many haven't been released yet. For example we haven't decided when ours will be free to rent (not in Dolomites, however)

obviously I can't be 100% sure Very Happy but Alta Badia and Arabba don't have that much accommodation and are popular, after all Arabba is about the size of a postage stamp. My comment was just to give anyone looking at DIY in that area a heads-up.

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've booked a couple of Eurostar returns for January and March already. I'll decide later on where I'm going, but I know the dates I'm available, so best fares now.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yesterday we got a request from our letting agents asking if we were letting out our apartment for next season and if so for what weeks. It appears that the properties will be released for booking soon.

In general no bookings come in until September. November is the most popular month for booking, but quite a lot come in during the ski season its self.

We have, however, now booked for Japan. Apparently Japan is booking fast for next season - mainly by Australians Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@johnE, which country / resort is your place in?

I am still waiting for the place I want to book in Mayrhofen to come available
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@NickyJ, Arc 1600 in France. It is a very French resort with an almost entire French clientele.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@johnE, thanks.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
St Anton. Fly out on 2 Jan, with a current return date of 13 March. May extend.

Airfares back to something close to pre-covid years, despite the market happenings of the last 6 months.

AFAIK, no new lifts for StA for next year, after getting the replacements for the Madlochbahn and Zugerbergbahn this year. The Galzig restaurant is being rebuilt - the demolition work is well-advanced. I believe there are some renovations/upgrades happening to the Hospiz in St Christoph.
snow report
We have a week in Finland followed by a week in Norway booked for next feb. Sadly that means no BB for me again, but at least i'm getting my snow fix Happy
ski holidays
Booked up myself for Les Arcs 1950 from 7th January.
snow conditions
We've just booked an early season trip to Val Thorens - self drive with Ski Collection. It is over 20 years since I last skiied in the 3 valleys!
snow report
Still waiting for the tunnel to open February 2023 booking.
ski holidays
ulmerhutte wrote:
St Anton. Fly out on 2 Jan, with a current return date of 13 March. May extend.

Airfares back to something close to pre-covid years, despite the market happenings of the last 6 months.

AFAIK, no new lifts for StA for next year, after getting the replacements for the Madlochbahn and Zugerbergbahn this year. The Galzig restaurant is being rebuilt - the demolition work is well-advanced. I believe there are some renovations/upgrades happening to the Hospiz in St Christoph.

Are you working out there and do you just get Airbnb accomodatoin or something?
ski holidays
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
I booked flights for the birthday bash. The return coincides with the start of 1/2 term so flights back to Glasgow were crazy. The Glasgow leg from London was the killer. Return Glasgow to Venice in economy £450.
Lufthansa at about £210.

So I used 25k AVIOS and £70 Happy

None of the bashes are updated with dates yet or locations? As far as I can see?
ski holidays
@Sarny, if you look on page 1 of Forthcoming snowHeads Events on the Events section of the forum there is a calendar. So far the Alleghe and Arabba Bashes (28th Jan and following week) and Gressoney and Serre Chevalier off piste bash dates (4th and 11th March I think) are listed but there are no buttons to actually sign up
snow report
Booked Morzine for end of December, dreading what transfers will cost by that point!
snow report
Was all set to book a couple of months ago but I'm going to wait and see what transpires with restrictions into next winter. As I've said several times before if it's not a holiday I'm not paying for it. Even if by then it's ok restriction wise but it's a rip off financially I'm not going.

Surprised to find myself actually losing the notion for skiing. Have taken up golf again in the last year or so and have really got into it. About to head into the second half of my 50's and sometimes think that I've had a good run at the sliding so should leave it at that.

I'm sure one perfect mornings skiing would probably defeat these notions but it's really going to depend the resort countries and their rules and the extent of the holiday providers desire to make up their losses on future bookings as to whether I ever find that out?
ski holidays
Do you really think there will be restrictions for next season? We all know now that things can change, but (assuming you are vaccinated) you can broadly travel anywhere now with no tests or quarantine.
latest report
We normally get bookings for alpine holidays in September onwards but this year we are fully booked for our Dec trip and already half full for March Shocked
ski holidays
@robboj, went away this year with minimal hassle price was fine too even for Feb HT I think you're making too much of it. You either make the effort or waste precious ski years eventually you have to give up due to age or health I don't want to look back on missed opportunities as there was a little bit of admin to work through.
latest report
Airbnb in Champoluc right beside the lifts. Flights rolled over (with £1 ski carriage!) from 2021, fly Edinburgh to Malpensa and managed to find reasonable car hire, £415 for a week for an Estate. Excited already as never been to Champoluc and looks a lovely area. After April in Val Thorens this year, also looking forward to the Italian prices!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@trmacc, who flies EDI-MXP?
snow report
Easyjet.@under a new name,
snow report
La Tania for New Year week. 5 days booked off but not sure where yet in February. 4 days in Pas de la Casa in March. And probably a week at Easter

Making up for some seriously missed skiing!
ski holidays
@robboj,
Quote:

About to head into the second half of my 50's and sometimes think that I've had a good run at the sliding so should leave it at that.

So you are thinking of quitting skiing in your 50s an age when many people are only realy taking it up.
snow conditions
We've booked.... New Year in Kaprun. After many years of late March skiing will have to remember what skiing in the cold is like.

Will hopefully get another usual week in late March... trying to catch up for the lost Covid years!
latest report
EJ have cancelled the 18.00 flight to Manchester on 11th Feb (after BB) and replaced it with a 10.05, which makes transfers impossibly early.

[b]@AlistairPink[b] and myself have transferred to the 13.00 Sunday flight as the most sensible option. Yet to decide if staying an extra day in Arabba or overnight in Venice.

Hoping it's not the first of many changes
snow report
Our Milan flight times with EasyJet have just changed too. Doesn't really affect us this time, but that's more down to luck than anything else.

As for car hire - it's FIVE TIMES the cost of a return flight+baggage... and that's before you factor in petrol / tolls Shocked
ski holidays
richb67 wrote:
@trmacc, thanks, gave it a try but about the same price for Venice in September. ca £800 for 2 weeks ! not paid more than £300 before

brief update on car hire, randomly checking sites I noticed that for some reason BA car hire prices were suddenly about half previous level, so we got 2 weeks in September (Avis, Venice, group B) for £572 with 'free'' second driver. That is ca £500 cheaper than going directly with Avis and ca £200 cheaper than the previous best price I'd seen.

Edit ps £100 lost if cancel

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 17-06-22 12:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
That's great! BA not showing any cheaper yet for Feb 2023 but shows it is worth checking back every now and then. With that in mind rechecked my Oct dates for a France trip to Toulouse and prices are down there so have cancelled previous car and rebooked. Thanks for the update.
snow report
Yellow Snow wrote:
Another one booked for a DIY trip to Alpe d'Huez.
Going with daughter, son-in-law and the grand-daughter who will be nearly two, so booked early for cheap Grenoble easyjet flights and the apartment we wanted. Just transfers still to book, and maybe some nannying and passes

Whats Alpe D Huez like for eating out, expensive I guess though right, or do you cook when going self catered?
ski holidays
Quote:

or do you self-cater when going self catered?

FIFY. Eating out with a tired nearly-two-year-old is not a lot of fun.
ski holidays
Heads up re booking.

My flight with EJ fm Bristol to Salzburg 10/12 has been cancelled. This isnt looking good already for next winter.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy