Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who has booked for 2023

Poster: A snowHead
alangibson73 wrote:
Who has booked up for next year and where are you off to?

Yes, Ellmau in early January (hotel right by main gondola that was the funicular). Haven’t been for 35 years. Got bored of Obergurgl this year (spent half the days in Solden) so cancelled hotel I had booked for next year

And Selva in early March with OH (who walks- doesn’t ski). First time to Sella Ronda
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skitech, Funny you shoukd say that. I also have a bright yellow Salomon jacket although my trousers are blue.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Booked to return to St Johann in Tirol for the third time in February, this time with my sister, brother in law and nephew in tow. Hoping my son grows to fit into the lovely gear I bought from Valais - if he doesn’t then we’re sorted for 2024 anyway (and my nephew is in the last lot we bought!) snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've booked Megeve again, two weeks instead of one and overnight stops on way down and back.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Zurich flights for half term and apartment in SMDB for first week of April with the family. Now to start gently encouraging friends!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Contemplating an Austrian glacier weekend mission in November - understanding fully that it's a complete lottery ticket as to quality of experience. Also put deposit down on repeat megapass that worked out well last winter in the end. Dunno where exactly I'll be in life re majority of season yet.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hafjell in Norway 11 nights over Christmas. So looking forward to going back
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@lpsmc1, we too are going to northern europe again, Sweden (booked) and Finland or Norway, undecided.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Done both Norway and Finland a number of times and decided Norway is my spiritual home Eh oh! Eh oh!
Just getting back into xc skiing after many years but a trip to Ostersund is definitely on my list.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@lpsmc1, if your there in March maybe we could meet up in Broken for a pint snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Dave of the Marmottes, which mega pass you getting Tirol snow card?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just booked a weeks accommodation in St Anton for Jan, couldn't find a massive range of options, is it too early for listings to show or are they genuinely all booked up this far in advance?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mother hucker wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, which mega pass you getting Tirol snow card?

Nah Epic - to give me optionality re Whistler, Tahoe, Colorado and Andermatt/ Verbier, 3V and Brenta Dollies.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@thecramps afraid I am tied to school holidays so March isn't an option
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looking to book 3 weeks in Bourg ...we are two old f**ts and the lifts are free ...all wee need is a preferably 2 bedroom apartment in Bourg ...anyone got one
snow conditions
Booked the guys trip in January, flights to Geneva at £53 return, £288 for apartment in Les Arcs.

Apartment owner cancelled the booking two days later!

Looking at Avoriaz or Morzine instead.

Will be booking the family trip to St Gervais again probably.
latest report
Serre ch for jan, looking at Kaprun for Nov
snow report
Not booked yet as hoping to win lottery tonight, one thing for sure when we win, will not be spending much of the euros in France. The money will be spent in Italy, Austria, Canada and Switzerland.
snow conditions
2 weeks in whistler booked for feb, however the 3rd member of the holiday trio is in CCU waiting for CABG.!
Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh!
Will they be able to ski or not will They be able to afford the now enhanced insurance premium!
snow report
Les Menuires last week of March whilst the kids are off on a school trip. Aconits apartments which look nice; great location. First ski trip for 15 years by ourselves!
Flights £300 with luggage, car hire £130, 1 bed apartment £600.
latest report
Booked 2 families for Ste Foy, Easter 2023.

Got to have something to look forward to!
snow report
Booked our annual trip to Serfaus. Fly out on 24 December- can't wait!!!!!
snow report
@snowhound, not having to have the kids moaning, fighting, leaving kit all over the place. You'll never want to do a family one again
ski holidays
@Mother hucker, It's a one off year unfortunately-I'm sure they will keep coming with us whilst we're still paying! They're 15 and 17.
But I suspect we'll miss them once they stop joining us.
ski holidays
snowhound wrote:
car hire £130, .

Where did you get a car for that
latest report
@snowhound, not so bad at that age just costly.
snow report
@Jonny996, Lyon Airport, week of 25th March, through Auto-Europe, for a Corsa-type car. Geneva was £400 minimum which was one of the reasons we decided to fly to Lyon instead.
latest report
Alpe D'Huez for 2 weeks in March in a lovely appartment. Flights are Southampton - Chambery and booked at a very reasonable rate. Just need to sort car hire for the 7 of us!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@NickYoung, Is the draw of St Foy off piste? I like the look of it but it's very limited for pisted runs kids are not experienced enough for off piste.
latest report
Chalet Evergreen in Meribel for 25 March. It's later in the season than we'd like, but it's a great chalet and the husband is going to slit his wrists if we don't go somewhere next season! Still hoping that Eurostar will reinstate the Saturday direct ski-train, and re-open Ashford, but Plan B is Eurostar to Paris on the Friday and SNCF to Moutiers on the Saturday.
ski holidays
just booked eurotunnel for our christmas trip to les menuires, last piece of the jigsaw to arrange.

seems like the prices have increased quite a lot from last time i used them (feb 2020).

am not sure how long the fares have been released, and if i missed any cheaper fares, as i had requested an email alert, but had not seen anything.

standard fare was £274 return, though reasonable timings, but even if going in the middle of the night both ways it would only be about £30 cheaper.
am sure i only paid around £180 for previous trip, with similar times!!!

was unable to compare with ferries at this stage, as the fares do not seem to have been released yet, not that i would be able to book them anyway as my girls are not great on ferries, and would never hear the end of it, probably worth a few extra "shekels" for a quiet life Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Just sorted out a December trip to Saas-Fee! First of several visits to Switzerland using the Magic Pass! Very Happy
ski holidays
Recently booked an apartment for 8 nights in Saalbach. Barely skied Austria, and haven't been since 2008, so looking to get over there and try somewhere new.

Flights and car hire to sort yet.
ski holidays
Too many variables and unknowns for me to book at moment - but we'll go somewhere! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Too many unknowns for us including whether any of hubby's work colleagues want the Christmas period off. One has a hubby who is an orthopaedic registrar, so he may just be working, but won't know yet, and the other has two small children so would probably like it off.
I should poke hubby into asking....... They were meant to be employing a new pharmacist but that hasn't happened.
snow conditions
I'm piecing together trips to France and Italy in January and March, but keeping to previous years' budgets is proving impossible. Car hire is the biggest problem.
snow report
@denfinella, Hi, just posted this somewhere else on this forum, but if you by any chance have Flying Blue (KLM) I just got a hire car through them (with Hertz) at a considerably lower price.
latest report
trmacc wrote:
@denfinella, Hi, just posted this somewhere else on this forum, but if you by any chance have Flying Blue (KLM) I just got a hire car through them (with Hertz) at a considerably lower price.

Hi, do you know if need to be s specific membership level to get the hire car discounts?
cheers
latest report
richb67 wrote:
trmacc wrote:

Hi, do you know if need to be s specific membership level to get the hire car discounts?
cheers

or in fact do you need to be coming off a KLM flight?
latest report
I am just the lowest tier member and no, you don't need to be coming off a KLM flight. We are flying Easyet into MXP and I hired the car through Flying Blue. There are other car hire partners too, but Hertz seems to offer the biggest discount
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy