Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Massif 2021/2022 snow report, Les Carroz, Flaine, Samoens, Morillon & Sixt

Poster: A snowHead
Hi!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a ‘shared’ transfer into Flaine from GVA?

I have booked a private transfer for a party of 8 with alps2alps whom we have used before.

Unfortunately, one of my party can’t fly with us now due to having to attend a funeral… but, he is planning on flying out the next morning. Problem is, I’ve struggled to find a shared transfer company at a sensible price.

Any recommendations from anyone?

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Confused Jesus! What an amateur. rolling eyes

Sorry, didn’t mean to post thrice.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are Go Massif not operating at the moment? They are the usual transfer co. of choice for many Flaine regulars (I usually drive but have used them a couple of times).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thankyou. I have tried their website but they are only offering a private transfer hence too expensive.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi everyone. Struggling to find an affordable deal via tour operator ex Ireland and navigate the various rules this year. Looking at Flaine now. Stayed in Samoens years ago so skied Flaine a couple of days so have vague memories. Dates are looking like 19th or 26th March. Am I cutting it too fine for good snow?

Also will be self catering with 3 kids. Any tips for reasonable cost eating out or other tips?

Thanks so much
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I will be staying in Madame Vacances Les Terraces in Flaine Forer. Self catered, booked through Ski France. It’s a great location less than 100m from the slopes.

(Service via ski France has been excellent, i nights add, since I have had to rebook this trip three times)

Eating out in Flaine, not a vast number of options imo, and all of a similar pizza/pasta/burger/local specialties type.

If you are self catering, there are lots of other threads on that topic. When we go, we drive, so that makes life easier and I pack a cool box with pre-made frozen dinners (bolognese, stew, curry) and eat in/out alternate nights.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@JulieL, why not just DIY? why tour op esp. for s/c?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks RichieS. I will look for the other threads. Are you travelling around the same dates? I am not considering dates too late?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:
@JulieL, why not just DIY? why tour op esp. for s/c?

Hi under a new name

Options for flights ex Dublin a bit more limited than UK and kids have only been once before so any help to reduce risk and complications esp with covid rules is the theory I am operating under. Maybe am misguided Puzzled
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@JulieL, no worries about snow. Probably on a per altitude basis Flaine has best snow depths anywhere in France right now
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JulieL wrote:
Thanks RichieS. I will look for the other threads. Are you travelling around the same dates? I am not considering dates too late?

We fly Easyjet to Geneva, on the 11th March.

I rebooked to March in early January when it was still up in the air regarding travel to France.

I am not concerned in the slightest about the snow.

We are taking the family out at Easter Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Try https://www.flaine.com/annuaire/post/alps-direct-com
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BAN wrote:
Try https://www.flaine.com/annuaire/post/alps-direct-com

Thanks, they look to be only private transfers, and quoting Euro200. Was hoping to find a shared transfer for more like Euro40. (similar to Chamonix transfers I have done)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Go Massif is the last shares transfer I used. How many in your party?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FMJ Voyage will do private for €145, which is €48 each if three of you.
snow conditions
BAN wrote:
Go Massif is the last shares transfer I used. How many in your party?

Just the one, in this instance.
snow report
Is there a bus?
latest report
@Richie_S, Train from GVA to Cluses and then bus to Flaine, not exactly convenient, but it will get you there

https://www.altibus.com/
ski holidays
I was going to suggest that, but then thought it might be too much hassle. Good to know!
latest report
Back on Saturday. Hear it’s snowing there now?
latest report
Hi Richie_s

I might have missed it but what date do you need a transfer from GVA to GM? I am in the same position and have booked a private GoMassif transfer from GVA on 14th March but would be happy to share if the timing works.

Alan
ski holidays
Back to the snow...

Good day yesterday, bright sky's, plenty of smoothish snow on piste.

But how much difference a night makes. Today was tough! Visibility so bad in places you are going from marker to marker! Snow falling all day, but skiing in it wasn't pleasant at all, and many lifts and runs closed. Supposed to clear tomorrow, so hopefully it will be better visibility and fresh snow...
latest report
Around 30 hours of snow has just stopped in the last hour and the sun has just come out. Around 30 - 40 cm of the fresh stuff.
latest report
Blimey, I'm broken! Although I bet it will all be forgotten by the morning! Very Happy

Lots of chopped up snow forming into moguls all around. But up the top it's soft and fluffy, so still good fun even for intermediates like me on the reds.

Hard work though, as it needs lots of turns in amongst moguls.

Wall to wall blue sky most of the day; one cloud looked like it might come up from below but fizzled out before it got to us, so all in all, glorious skiing. Oh, and no real queues either, maybe 2 minutes on one lift but that was the most.
snow report
@HeMan, are you in Flaine, or over on the other side?
ski holidays
Hello Skidmark, I am in Flaine.
snow conditions
Brownpack wrote:
Hi Richie_s

I might have missed it but what date do you need a transfer from GVA to GM? I am in the same position and have booked a private GoMassif transfer from GVA on 14th March but would be happy to share if the timing works.

Alan

It's the 12th, sorry. Sad
ski holidays
Zorrac wrote:
@Richie_S, Train from GVA to Cluses and then bus to Flaine, not exactly convenient, but it will get you there

Thanks, i've recommended this to my friend, and he is now going to sort this... Looks like 10am ish train from GVA, change in Geneva to Annemasse then Annemasse to Cluses, arriving Cluses at 11.30, then an hour on the shuttle bus. Hopefully, he can get an afternoon in on the slopes that day!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What a great day today has been! Started early, which was worth it for the cords, but all slopes have been smooth and mostly soft. All the moguls of yesterday are gone and it's been a day of fast reds under solid sunshine! Very Happy

No real queues either, maybe a couple of minutes at most.
snow conditions
Amazing last day. Relatively smooth slopes, busy in places and after the morning cloud lifted, lots of sunshine.

Something clicked today though, did some amazing runs, so a great finish to the week!
snow report
To stuff @HeMan. Heading to Flaine this arvo…
latest report
where can i find the GFS for Flaine? heading there this Sat
ski holidays
found it for Samoens
https://www.wetterzentrale.de/en/show_diagrams.php?geoid=39979&model=gfs&var=26&run=6&lid=ENS&bw=1
ski holidays
Richie_S wrote:
Zorrac wrote:

Thanks, i've recommended this to my friend, and he is now going to sort this... Looks like 10am ish train from GVA, change in Geneva to Annemasse then Annemasse to Cluses, arriving Cluses at 11.30, then an hour on the shuttle bus. Hopefully, he can get an afternoon in on the slopes that day!

When is your friend travelling? We are a party of two looking for shared transfer between GVA and Flaine on 5th and 13th Mar.
snow report
Anyone out at the moment? If so what is the snow like ? Thinking of a long weekend but no new snow on the horizon and I don’t think it’s snowed for a while.
snow conditions
Its a mix of hard pack with a bit of loose powder on top, not as bad as it looked on the weather history. Looks like some snow on the horizon next weekend too if that's when you are thinking of coming
snow conditions
@Cookiemonsterhahaha, Thanks for the offer. He is travelling on the morning of Saturday 12th March. As well as the train option, I've suggested he has a go at befriending anyone on the flight and seeing if any others are going to Flaine. He might get lucky...
ski holidays
Snow is holding up fairly well, although quite slushy after lunch today. South facing slopes have melted and refrozen, so best avoided. Pure north facing slopes still have good snow, but no soft.
ski holidays
@BAN, what part of the GM are you referring to please, I’ve got my finger hovering over where to book for the 19th.
snow conditions
More snow update: it got really warm these two days. Some lower slopes became slushy and you could see vegetation on some. However I'd still say it's not too bad overall. The snow canons are working hard too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy