Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees 21/22

Poster: A snowHead
@hammerite,

Thanks. We are both fully jabbed, my lad has two and I’m three. Should be ok I think.

Guessing it’s snowed? Or due? Still a few weeks for me yet. You mention Arcalis, I believe there’s a free bud? Worth a day there?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@hammerite, thanks - confirms what I suspected Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Boofont, yes it started snowing heavily for about an hour over lunch which left a couple of cm everywhere. It then started snowing heavily as we started heading down the mountain on the Funicamp. It’s rain down where I am, but it should be snow higher up.

Arcalis is definitely worth a day from most places in Andorra, but from Pas it’s a pretty long journey 1h 15 mins. https://www.ordinoarcalis.com/en/ski-resort-ordino-andorra-how-to-get-there
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
hammerite wrote:
@Boofont,Arcalis is definitely worth a day from most places in Andorra, but from Pas it’s a pretty long journey 1h 15 mins. https://www.ordinoarcalis.com/en/ski-resort-ordino-andorra-how-to-get-there

Thanks once again for your comments, really appreciate it.

Looks like a nice day out on a sunny day. Seems there’s a few restaurants to grab a bite to eat also. I will give it a whirl I think.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Boofont, the small hut at the top of Les Portelles seems a nice place to stop but the menu is very limited and runs out of food pretty quickly! The one at La Coma is nice though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Still looking a touch brown in the lower altitudes in Grandvalira and Les Angles webcams- what is the rain/snow line at the mo?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dr. Will, it was snowing down to the village in El Tarter last night, but only a dusting. There was a bit more snow the night before. The main problem is that the sun gets very warm as soon as it appears, the days are longer and the pistes over the past few weeks have been very busy. From this week it should be much quieter so any snow fall will hopefully have more of an impact - the snow forecast changes every few hours.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hammerite wrote:
@Boofont, the small hut at the top of Les Portelles seems a nice place to stop but the menu is very limited and runs out of food pretty quickly! The one at La Coma is nice though.

Thanks.

Are you local to the area then?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@hammerite, is the unofficial skiclub of GB rep for the area! A thankless task (we should drop him in a good bottle of whiskey for his troubles)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
8611 wrote:
@hammerite, is the unofficial skiclub of GB rep for the area! A thankless task (we should drop him in a good bottle of whiskey for his troubles)

I live in the Speyside whisky region of Scotland so could be arranged! Although I notice you’re spelling it “whiskey” with an “e”, that would be Irish whiskey rather than Scottish whisky. Lol. A subtle difference!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That's funny I never noticed there's a spelling difference. There's certainly a taste difference though I wont comment on that!

From the Irish (or possibly gaelic - they're virtually identical) for water - uisce ("ishka")

Says something about our respective cultures that we name a 40 proof drink water!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Vodka means little water in Russian, so there’s a connection.

Wonder if it’s from the days when water itself was unsanitary.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks like Grandvalira got another dusting.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Was skiing in Font Romeu rather than Grandvalira today but there’s definitely been a bit of a top up to freshen the slopes a bit, particularly above 2000m
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi - sorry for being totally unaware of skiing area in Andorra, can anyone recommend a good area for gentle blue runs for OH with 1 weeks ski experience under her belt? Would want to be fairly close to lifts but not fussy about nightlife etc? PS most of the packages seem to be Arinsal, cant find anything to Soldeu/Pas?
snow conditions
neilkav wrote:
PS most of the packages seem to be Arinsal, cant find anything to Soldeu/Pas?

I booked with Skizoom, lots of choice with them. Not used before so can't say if they are any good.
ski holidays
I would say Soldeu if you can find some deals would tick most boxes nicely in the centre of a big ski area with a shedload of blues and most accommodation pretty close to the main lifts. Great English speaking ski school too.
latest report
thanks guys
snow report
Good snow in the forecast for the Pyrenees, everything comes to those who wait
latest report
8611 wrote:
Good snow in the forecast for the Pyrenees, everything comes to those who wait

Every mid march just like clockwork!
ski holidays
@Boofont, yes, I live about 30 mins from Arcalís the village I live in has access to the Grandvalira but you can’t ski back to it. @8611, thank you for the offer of whisky but given that hard booze is duty free here, it’d probably cost more to send it over than me buy some in a shop! Laughing

And yes the last few days have been chillier, cloudier and with a regular dusting of snow up in the ski areas. That said, I’m in Pal today (not skiing) and it’s noticeable that the snow must only be sticking to what is already there because some of the pistes are a bit narrower (only a foot or too either side) from when I was last here a couple of weeks ago.
snow report
hammerite wrote:
@8611, thank you for the offer of whisky but given that hard booze is duty free here, it’d probably cost more to send it over than me buy some in a shop! Laughing

True!
latest report
Today very wet in Lisbon and predicting rain every day next week. If my theory that it blows from here to there is correct, you should be getting something in the next couple of days Smile

La Covatilla above Madrid is looking quite white too.
snow conditions
Skied Piau Engaly in French Pyrennes on Thursday, was dumping it down, had a unexpected but wonderful powder day.
ski holidays
Peter Ross wrote:
Skied Piau Engaly in French Pyrennes on Thursday, was dumping it down, had a unexpected but wonderful powder day.

That’s nice to read Peter. I hope it holds out until April when I go.
latest report
So many places in the Pyrenees I've never even heard of
ski holidays
8611 wrote:
So many places in the Pyrenees I've never even heard of

Yes, I agree. Guess it’s normal. I have skied in loads of places and you always hear of little local places. Some of the best skiing in those places.
latest report
Been snowing most days for at least a dusting over the last week here in Andorra which was welcome. Went out Saturday to find boot top fresh snow off piste which was good fun. On Sunday, visibility was awful, the pistes weren’t great and the off piste was heavy and crusty.

Monday, off piste very similar to the day before but the pistes were in amazing shape. It started to get extremely windy which closed a lot of lifts and some of the snow on the tops was getting very scoured.

Back at work today, the first day for a little while without rain down low and snow up high. It was very warm though even in the shade. Up until now when it’s been warm it’s been because of clear skies and sunshine - today it was just warm all day.

Bit more snow forecast in a few days time though. Phew.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's good to read. I hope it snows some more over the next few weeks!
snow report
@Boofont, yes a bit more snow forecast at altitude, but raining down low will probably impact the lower reaches of El Tarter and Soldeu. The rest of the area will hopefully avoid the rain (everything crossed!)
snow report
Brown and mushy in Baqueira......

IMG-8040
snow report
mortonia wrote:

That doesn't look good! Hope it's better in Pas come April.
ski holidays
@Boofont, Nope, but snowing today and over the coming days so hopefully cover it up.
latest report
Boofont wrote:
mortonia wrote:

That doesn't look good! Hope it's better in Pas come April.

I’ve not been up since the weekend, but looking up to the mountains (and webcams), the snow doesn’t look as orange here as most places. It should snow a bit over the next few days.
latest report
I live about an hour north of Aviemore, it can't be any worse than I've skied in Scotland! I recall skiing at Glenshee once. I popped over a small rise just off the side of the piste (the snow on the piste was actually pretty good) to find a huge muddy puddle with zero snow! Was a messy face plant in more ways than one! Lol
ski holidays
Went up yesterday and there were orange patches, but not as bad as that photo of Baqueira. It looked like there had been a dusting on top of the sand and it’s been snowing today.
ski holidays
Seems like La Molina / Masella got a good dump yesterday...
snow conditions
Looks more like a ski resort on webcams but I think it's only skin deep. Seems they've only had about half the resort open for the last month.
ski holidays
Jnr is out with me at the moment. He said conditions were excellent all day yesterday and it only started to soften up right at the end of the day today. He’s enjoying it so much he reckons he’s going to stay out for a couple of weeks.
snow conditions
I believe there is some snow forecast next couple of days? Almost time to start packing for my trip Sunday. To say I'm looking forward is an understatement.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy