Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 3 Vallées 2021/22 - Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens etc

Poster: A snowHead
@richjp, wonder if they have lots of stock left over the season that never was.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All the paper maps are labelled 20/21, not 21/22 so are missing the new additions like the Plan Masse lift.

Best think to do is use the phone app which does have the updated Piste map and also lift status.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I picked up the piste map in Courchevel and it was the most up to date one...my friend picked his up in Meribel and it was the old one.

We went to the La Masse gondola and it was empty! It is a great run.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just back from St. Martin. The piste maps given out there are up to date with the new lifts shown. Enjoyed the fresh snow that fell on Sunday night and Friday morning, plus the 16 degree temps. Had an excellent, if expensive lunch in the re-vamped restaurant just off the St.Martin 2 chair, which provided shelter and sustenance on Friday.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Crystal Ball Time

Given the snow so far in 3V, what's the collective wisdom on likely snow conditions in March, specifically (for me), the second half?

Thanks.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Charliegolf wrote:
Crystal Ball Time

Given the snow so far in 3V, what's the collective wisdom on likely snow conditions in March, specifically (for me), the second half?

Thanks.

That should be a great time to ski the 3Vs! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Bergmeister, Cheers. We're hoping for 14-21 days from mid-March. Did 2 weeks Jan-Feb, so hoping to make the season passes do better than break even. Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In my experience it doesn't vary that much in March, no matter the snow depths reported.

Yes, it gets churned up on the commuter routes and slushy on lower slopes in the afternoon, but there are always a vast number of runs to choose from which will have good snow.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Charliegolf wrote:
Crystal Ball Time

What sort of snow conditions would stop you from travelling?

That is to say the majority of the slopes will be open at the time of year. Is there anything else you need to know?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Layne wrote:

Snow all gone low down, I guess. Just looking for reassurance really, and a route to upping the anticipation. Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We've skiied before on 20th April (wife's birthday, and that year the last weekend of St.Martin's season) and conditions were fine and colder than they were last week.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Charliegolf wrote:
Layne wrote:

Snow all gone low down, I guess. Just looking for reassurance really, and a route to upping the anticipation. Very Happy

Be reassured Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Layne wrote:
Charliegolf wrote:
Layne wrote:

Be reassured Laughing Laughing

Job done, thank you all.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can anyone help with 3V restaurant reccos? Have some friends there this week and they are struggling not having booked anything and it being busy!

We used to like Chalet Deux Lacs in VT, Ferme de Reberty in LM and Bouc Blanc above La Tania but it was long ago… They’re staying in Meribel so anything in that valley would also be useful. Thanks in advance!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
La Monchu, bottom of the Rhodos green was nice, last time we went.
latest report
BobinCH wrote:
Can anyone help with 3V restaurant reccos? Have some friends there this week and they are struggling not having booked anything and it being busy!

We used to like Chalet Deux Lacs in VT, Ferme de Reberty in LM and Bouc Blanc above La Tania but it was long ago… They’re staying in Meribel so anything in that valley would also be useful. Thanks in advance!

All 3 are excellent recommendations ... Chalet des 2 Lacs in VT used to serve out-of-this world pizzas but the new owners managed to completely obliterate what was a fab lunchtime menu when we were last there 2 years ago. You definitely need to book the BB particularly if the weather's not ideal and they'd like an indoor table.
snow report
@BobinCH, here's a few...
1650 Copina
1650 Portetta CUCINA ANGELINA (Italian Angela Hartman )
La Tania Le Farcon
Le Praz Azimuth
Le Praz La Table de Mon Grand-Père in hotel on Main Street
1850 Le Chabichou High end Michelin type
1850 Cave du creux
Bel air top of 1650 bubble
La Casserole 1650 base of signal chair

St Martin La Voute
Lac du Lou refuge
Chez Pepe Nicola below VT on the Chasse Red piste
Le Setor on piste from way down from VT to LES MENUIRES
Hillary vt

Meribel
Adre Telebar
Le Cepe in 1650 near Ronny
Clos Bernard altiport
Le Blanchot
LDV
ski holidays
Couple of years have passed, but ... Clos Bernard, Bel Air and Trait d'Union are on my list.

My go to when I cannot get in anywhere else (though very nice all the same) or in poor vis, is the Pizzeria de Motteret, they always seem to be able to fit us in, and they do some nice Plat Du Jour that are not just Pizzas.
ski holidays
I was disappointed with the Bou Blanc this season...
ski holidays
P.S. Totally agree about 2 Lacs and presumably Cretes has gone the same way
latest report
@BobinCH, Clos Bernard by Meribel Altiport. L'Oeil de Boeuf in Courchevel 1550.

Both of those, especially the former, are "I'm going to go f'ck all for the rest of the day" restaurant choices. As in cote de boeuf and a bottle of something decent. Each.

Pizzaria du Mottaret is a favourite for lunch where you actually intend to ski afterwards. All are reasonably child friendly, the last one especially so.
snow report
Lodge du Village in Meribel village. Lovely terrace on a sunny day.
Le Martagon in Meribel Le Raffort (about 100m from the end of the le Raffort piste).

Copina in 1650-tapas to die for. Our go to lunch destination whenever we head that way.

Hotel Hilary just above Menuires-the restaurant is tucked away on the other side of the hotel from the piste. We tried it on a (local) friend's recommendation-it's quiet but don't let that put you off. The Pot au Feu was superb-an unctuous slow cooked stew with meat that just fell apart.
Roc 7 by the top of Roc 1 above Les Men-good pizzas.

Above St M you can't go wrong with Corbeleys (needs to be booked) and La Loy. They too need reservations-they are doing 2 lunchtime sittings. Neither of these are "fancy" but the food is good, hearty, with some variety and served by really lovely staff.
The Art B at the bottom of the St M draglift (formerly the Eterlou).
For a lunchtime blowout on a trendy sunny terrace- Au Tore at the rear of the Lodji hotel in St M. I was prepared to be disappointed, but we had an excellent lunch a couple of weeks ago-nice sharing plates and they managed to create a tartiflette that surpassed expectations +++.
Pub le Ski Lodge in La Tania-good value (for the 3 V) burgers etc.
We too went off the Bouc Blanc a few years ago after it just got so big and busy.
The Rendezvous in VT-again-good for pizzas.
ski holidays
Not a bad day today, if you could predict when the visibility was gong to clear and be in the right place at the right time... Bitter wind up high, but mild down below the tree line!

@BobinCH, missed your post (not been on here much of late) - probably too late now, but skimottarets recommendations would all make my list. I would add on La Bouitte in St Marcel for some top-end eating & drinking (though almost certainly fully booked for this week & next!).
snow report
Thanks for all the restaurant recommendations! That should keep his salopettes from slipping off!!!
ski holidays
Looking at the weather forecast for Monday and trying to work out where to take the kids (both excellent skiers) without getting caught in a gale / whiteout ... we're staying in Mottaret. Me thinks laps of the Golf chair to do Lapin and the trees off it, the blue and reds (are they open?) down to Raffort etc ... any other tips gratefully received. Ta
latest report
@franga, those are sensible options. If the links are open then over Loze and down into la Tania would be sensible also.
snow report
Second day of snow. currently in le ferme lm who fitted 2 in straight away! Eh oh!
latest report
gorilla wrote:
@franga, those are sensible options. If the links are open then over Loze and down into la Tania would be sensible also.

Thanks - I forgot about that, great option.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@franga, options as per above are good advice. I would also say that Monday is 5 days away, and the forecast will almost certainly change between now and then...!
It has gone mild today, and is due to get milder again tomorrow, so depending on what happens following that the Raffort run may not be a great option and the Villages run to Les Allues is shut...
snow conditions
Is there anywhere in La Tania people could recommend for a ski service? Thanks.
ski holidays
Not Ski Higher - absolutely hopeless
ski holidays
Thanks, that info is as good as a positive recommendation!
ski holidays
blacksheep wrote:
Is there anywhere in La Tania people could recommend for a ski service? Thanks.
Skiset opposite the tourist office. I have posted on here many times (do a search under my name) that he has one of the very few Wintersteiger Scout machines that can do any base and side edge you want with ceramic polishing. Now run by a nice guy called Guillaume who speaks perfect English.
ski holidays
NoMapNoCompass wrote:
Not Ski Higher - absolutely hopeless
Agreed (though I haven't been there for several years due to Ski Set having the aforementioned Wintersteiger).
ski holidays
Had my skis waxed by ski higher this week no issues, can’t comment on other servicing
snow conditions
@Raceplate, Thanks. I'll check them out once I arrive.
snow report
I wouldn't, as @Raceplate and myself have said, there are better places in La Tania to get skis services.

Ski Higher isn't one of them.
snow conditions
Hi, Where you would you recommend for in-resort eating in VT? Ideally mid-range (I realise that is a relative concept!)
And while I'm bothering the Hive mind, where would you get skis serviced in VT?

Thank you!
snow report
Snowed all day today and no sign yet of it letting up
snow report
Great news@JONR, hope it carries on through the night!

@grumpygargoyle, I've eaten out lots of times but never found a real favourite - always enjoyed John's American though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy