Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier 2021/2022

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Steadily going through photos from the Bash. This was on Monday last week. Nothing to see here...

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So it really is like the final week of the season out here currently but with still three and a bit to go.

Seems the only people on the hill are Brits.

Next to us where there's been a steady occupancy via AirBnB all the blinds are down and no cars in the parking and that's pretty well the same story for many other residences.

UCPCA has a whole load of Brit University students in, and amusing to watch a group of 12 total beginners with just one instructor attempting to teach them all, unfortunately, the group can only go at the pace of the worst in the group.

I've been up the hill twice this week as my daughters are out, the first day I skied on my lightweight touring kit and with a dodgy knee that was not the best choice, and yesterday went with Scott 93 Slights and Alpine boots and had a really enjoyable ski on deserted slopes in advance of the manky weather that's currently going on outside.

So it's a case of looking at all the forecast sites trying to determine what might happen as they are all giving different details.

Perhaps the biggest story, apart from yet more Covid Paranoia friends finally getting it, is that the yr.no are again the only forecast site

https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/daily-table/2-6559498/France/Provence-Alpes-C%C3%B4te%20d'Azur/Hautes-Alpes/Serre%20Chevalier

predicting 18cms on Sunday, so that figures as that's when I'm driving daughters to Turin.

So really is a case of watch this space, or the webcams Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So here we go again, surely this time around, right at the end of the season the Snow Gods will look down kindly on us?

And the squiggles above currently translate to this, well at least on SnowForecast.

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OP run is an outlier, you should know better than to look at Snowforecast more than a few days out!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@leggyblonde, we'll take anything going Laughing

But we fully expect it to disappear as usual rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

we'll take anything going

ha, agreed! I'm seeing something similar for Val Thorens but not quite ready to pack a powder board for the EOSB yet...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@leggyblonde, quelle surprise......

Forecast changed to rain Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Crying or Very sad

There's still plenty of time for it to come back though...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We're into the last week now and it's not brilliant should you be out for this week.

So much is closed due to lack of snow, or they just can't be bothered, even the Clot Gauthier is closed!

CDB chair and Frejus closed so we had to take Aravet up (and down), what with the weather forecast for the next three or so days think that's it, though there is the potential of snow this weekend
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Weathercam wrote:
......though there is the potential of snow this weekend......

Exhibits A & B Laughing

That said was not easy getting up the hill, not helped by a very silly end of season party in the 1420 getting back at a respectable 01:30, and then a mate reporting that the Aravet bubble was not planned to open.

So headed to Chantemerle for the first lift, however, they were still doing Avy Control and twas announced that lift would not open until 10:00 which was bad news as this time of year the snow can get heavy so quickly, plus as I nipped out of the queue for a pee they opened the lift at 09:45 rolling eyes

Head was not too good at all, though after a couple of runs became more dialled in, viz came and went and unlike KenX I'd not packed skins etc which was just as well as if it had been BlueSky would have been worth dropping down to Clot Gautherier chair and skinning up.

I'm here for another week and there's still the option of touring up around the Lautaret, though too cloudy and dank to consider that today and the forecast is a bit up and down for the rest of the week so will be a bit of cycling and some touring depending on the weather.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy