Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski touring for wallies

Poster: A snowHead
Getting into the Aliens. Cruising some firm pistes on the Alp Track 106’s after a decent climb

http://youtube.com/v/oQ5z3Vj-rqE
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@BobinCH, the Aliens could be the liners for the Zero-G’s…. rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting discussion on Blister about weights of boots, bindings, skis and preferences thereof…..

https://blisterreview.com/features/topic-of-the-week/would-you-rather-light-skis-vs-light-boots
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
New night ski touring jacket. Almost makes the head torch redundant snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Laughing Laughing

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Elho, I remember them (about 40 years ago Laughing )
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@BobinCH, That's your touring boots sorted for next season Very Happy

https://blisterreview.com/industry-news/tecnica-announces-new-sub-1000-g-zero-g-peak-boots
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
KenX wrote:
Elho, I remember them (about 40 years ago Laughing )

Lusted after one for that long!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PowderAdict wrote:
@BobinCH, That's your touring boots sorted for next season Very Happy

https://blisterreview.com/industry-news/tecnica-announces-new-sub-1000-g-zero-g-peak-boots

They look cool! Just got some Scarpa Alien RS and they are quite something but will put these on the « lust after » list for next season!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/global/en/zero-g-peak

The official page. I’m very interested..
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
zzz wrote:
https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/global/en/zero-g-peak

The official page. I’m very interested..

They do look great!!!

@CH20, when do you get some to play with?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A Nice review here of the Scarpa F1 LT and Alien RS. Quite taken by mine! Haven’t been on my Zero-G’s since I got them
https://blisterreview.com/gear-reviews/2021-2022-scarpa-f1-lt
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Blister light touring boot podcast for your next ski tour…
https://open.spotify.com/episode/64hcSNAbj03kfP7199pvTX?si=vuYJIQ1hQASw2qMXbgiP3g&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A5IeNDgl77fIJ2pz8bycWX0
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@BobinCH,
Thank you. I’ll listen to that tomorrow.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not bad technique on his touring setup!
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZY0N03h5Be/?utm_medium=copy_link
snow report
BobinCH wrote:
Not bad technique on his touring setup!
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZY0N03h5Be/?utm_medium=copy_link

We were trying to moonwalk on skis this week - it’s a lot harder on an alpine set-up. Didn’t think about the touring option.
ski holidays
So Day 8 of Covid for me, still tested positive yesterday.

Uber strong winds closed the resort most of yesterday and the same for today, so I hatched a cunning plan Laughing

Decided to skin up the piste with Ullr, was only going to do about 500m but sort of got carried away, though made sure that the cold air and crazy winds were not getting into my lungs and I did not go too crazy, that said I banged out the first 500m in under 50mins, so I then carried on sort of knowing what my target would be.

1,000m well under two hours

And average page 627m per hour

Crazy windy above 2,000m

So not too bad a pace for an old fart, though I forgot how much faster it is to skin up a piste.

And I was being very careful to not put the hammer down too much as didn't want to aggravate the Covid symptoms.
ski holidays
@Weathercam, is isolation not required in France with covid?
ski holidays
swskier wrote:
@Weathercam, is isolation not required in France with covid?

He is isolating! None of the other duffers can match that pace!!!
ski holidays
@swskier, I'm past Day 7 and the rules in France say I no longer have to isolate.

Plus it was just me up there, that said I will not mix with people, go shopping until I test negative which hopefully I'll be shortly when I test myself for today.
snow conditions
@BobinCH, Laughing

@Weathercam, strange rule set up isn't it, that you can leave despite being positive! Like you say, you'll struggle to pass it on to anyone when there's only you and the dog about!
ski holidays
Point of order! @Weathercam, your last post is misplaced!
This thread is "Ski Touring for Wallies" as @BobinCH, has alluded too the duffers can't keep up with you.
An uphill average of 627m/HR...... Wallies no, pro probably. Bye the way well done!
snow report
Well today this Wally had an extremely warm skin/ski tour from Gsteig (next village to Gstaad) up on to the Walliser Wispile. Bitter cold at the carpark this morning, melting hot completing a ski down this afternoon.
North facing in super shape with good powder and very few tracks. The Wispile ridge can be skied north easterly down to the small village of Launen.
All day we saw a Swiss group of 5, we were 3 and a solo female, consequently very few tracks.
Will not report on ascent rates......but not 627/HR.....it was simply a lovely day!
latest report
Rogerdodger wrote:
Well today this Wally had an extremely warm skin/ski tour from Gsteig (next village to Gstaad) up on to the Walliser Wispile. Bitter cold at the carpark this morning, melting hot completing a ski down this afternoon.
North facing in super shape with good powder and very few tracks. The Wispile ridge can be skied north easterly down to the small village of Launen.
All day we saw a Swiss group of 5, we were 3 and a solo female, consequently very few tracks.
Will not report on ascent rates......but not 627/HR.....it was simply a lovely day!

Nice one!

Tried out a new one “Pic de Chaussy” not too far from you above Les Mosses. As you say excellent snow conditions. Chalky up high on the big face and pow down in the forest

http://youtube.com/v/TbNQBujEkbw

http://youtube.com/v/zCWTW5uWbQE
ski holidays
Often wondered if this was one of your areas @BobinCH, it's so accessible from the lake Geneva side.
Pic Chaussy is a real classic, the ridge heading on above Gsteig and towards Gstaad has numerous day tours. Glad you found good conditions.
snow report
My description was written in haste.
From Pic Chaussy the ridge runs on above Les diablerets, col du Pillion (glacier 3000) and then on to Gsteig.
Possibly a nice one for you to consider@BobinCH, park the car at col du Pillion skin up into the now abandoned ski area, Isenau then ascend La Palette. The ski down is very similar orientation to Chaussy. Across Arnensee and out to village of Feutersoey. Post bus returns you to co du Pillion.
ski holidays
Rogerdodger wrote:
My description was written in haste.
From Pic Chaussy the ridge runs on above Les diablerets, col du Pillion (glacier 3000) and then on to Gsteig.
Possibly a nice one for you to consider@BobinCH, park the car at col du Pillion skin up into the now abandoned ski area, Isenau then ascend La Palette. The ski down is very similar orientation to Chaussy. Across Arnensee and out to village of Feutersoey. Post bus returns you to co du Pillion.

Been up there in Spring. How high is La Palette?
ski holidays
Pic Chaussy is also an abandoned ski area, you may have seen the remains of the gondola that went from Lac Lioson up, think it was only finally properly dismantled 10 years ago....we take the dogs to an alpage there most summers for a weeks herding, its an amazing spot..
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@BobinCH, La Palette is 2170m col du Pillion is 1546. Gives an ascent of 624m

Invite Weathercam, quick 1 hour sprint Eh oh!
snow conditions
Rogerdodger wrote:
@BobinCH, La Palette is 2170m col du Pillion is 1546. Gives an ascent of 624m

Invite Weathercam, quick 1 hour sprint Eh oh!

Not sure he’d be able to keep up with my girls and the view from behind might get him overexcited!
snow report
My dirty secret is out….
latest report
Wobbly!

http://youtube.com/v/PrSc3QNCR2A
snow report
BobinCH wrote:
My dirty secret is out….

You've been skiing on a leather hippo? wink
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:
My dirty secret is out….

Nice set up. 900gms a foot? Very jealous.
snow report
Under 800!
ski holidays
Just right for picking olives from a jar.......... Laughing
snow report
@BobinCH, you'll have to learn to ski them now off-piste as they'll show up any inefficiencies you might have, which I think you know Laughing

Though most ski-mo race routes are like a piste.

Two of those skis widthwise are akin to your normal DPS skis Laughing
snow report
@Weathercam, see the video above for my first outing trying to dodge the pooch! Perhaps you should give me some feedback before I expose myself to the wrath of SnowHeads Very Happy
latest report
You just need to be good with the editing software.......Show the ascent and transition showing off the 900m/hr Atomics, copy and paste in some DPS powder turns, then return to the original programme with the Atomics rolling eyes

Be extra careful when you transition in windy conditions, or they might blow away Shocked
latest report
Not sure if this video has popped up anywhere on here...

http://youtube.com/v/C-gAIaLizuk

35 days, 518km across the Alps, from the Med to Lake Geneva.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy