Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2019/2020

Poster: A snowHead
Gilberts Fridge wrote:
Cheers chaps. A welcome addition. Just need to replace the double drags that link Thyon/Veysonaz with the rest of the domain next.

Absolutley, and all the crappy T bars!!

Full report in French

https://www.lenouvelliste.ch/articles/valais/valais-central/nendaz-et-les-4-vallees-officiellement-connectes-890989

Interestingly says that ISÉRABLES still own the plot of land the base station is on, and are refusing to sell it to TeleNendaz
Got to love Swiss valley family politics!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Now that’s a perfect forecast for New Years week!

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sun came out for the last run of the day. Should be good tomorrow!

http://youtube.com/v/7-pgaWphet4
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Perfect conditions snowHead

Banana split for lunch

http://youtube.com/v/nz08HeBhkdk
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wow is Verbier just full of couloirs? First pic looks remarkably tracked, is there a lift on the other side?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@BobinCH, what’s the face in your first pic from 0705 today?

Heading to Verbier next week and trying to get an eye what is what...sadly I guess the offpiste will be tracked out by Wednesday (even assuming there’s still nice snow) but if you can recommend any quiet spots I’d appreciate it Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@8611, @Inboard, the picture is of the East face of Mont Gelé, one of Verbier’s main itineraries - marked and avi controlled but not pisted. There are plenty of options straight off the lift. The video is one of the more difficult to access couloirs requiring a 10 min bootpack, which due to its shady aspect will stay good for several days after snow.

The second pic is at the top of the 10 min bootpack to Rock Garden. It gives access to a beautiful powder field which is wonderful in the morning sunshine

http://youtube.com/v/5ZQBDKsMdUQ
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
8611 wrote:
Wow is Verbier just full of couloirs?

It is the best resort in the world for couloirs. From big and wide to tight and no mistakes allowed. Nothing like it to get the adrenaline pumping IMO

http://youtube.com/v/OEFt-weilD0
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What a photos!! Really nice conditions.
Suddenly, a lot of memories there appear in my mind!! I need to return and catch some days like these!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Only in Verbier Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Verbier to Etygeon and back in time for ski lesson at 13:00. Possible?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spare a thought for snowHead Steve Sparks...he had a very quiet New Year's Eve.

In Martigny hospital.

I guess in the big picture a broken elbow bone is not the worst thing, but terrible timing and very painful. Sympathy...lots of sympathy. Thanks

Get well soon Steve!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rungsp, Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@rungsp, Thanks Janek, Martigny fireworks were great from my hospital bed and I woke up with a clear head (just a slight morphine hangover!).

Hoping to get out today and then have an extensive programme of snowshoeing planned as rehab.

And hey, I’ve not had a drink this decade!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good luck with the recover @Steve Sparks,

Almost put the powder pup in there with you Shocked

http://youtube.com/v/1Ys1KsTdvbs
snow report
@Inboard, there’s still some great snow around if you’re willing to look/hike for it. When do you arrive?
latest report
4chf for a pint of Guinness in Pub Mont Fort après-ski!
ski holidays
@BobinCH, thanks! Arrived Wed. Skied Nax that afternoon, found some reasonable stuff around Tortin/ Arbi yesterday (Thu), and toured up Tete du Ferret today - some nice bits among the sastrugi...but amazing views and nicely quiet too.

Staying Le Châble, probably skiing Verbier tomorrow (Sat) so any top tips gratefully received.

Heading for Chamonix Sunday.
ski holidays
@Inboard, Didn’t realize you were already here. Right side of Etygeon was good yesterday. Catwalk pretty good today if you’ve got touring gear.
http://youtube.com/v/C3jshF0hAlQ
We’ll probably ski the banana couloir variants tomorrow. Doesn’t look like they’ve seen much traffic.
latest report
@BobinCH
just returned to UK after 12 days at our place in Les Collons
The side of Etherolla has some full thickness fissures and slope creep so glad to hear L'Eteygeon is looking so good please leave something for next weekend!!
Seriously the chances of making that journey are a bit iffy
To Steve Sparks - good luck hope it was just the olecranon - rehab key and make sure you get the rotation as well as flex / extension
Good 2020 to all
ski holidays
@Inboard, sent you a pm.
latest report
Bit more work required to find the remaining powder!
The Hillary step Very Happy
Bonjour

Looking down into banana - getting a bit chunky now

Found another variant - taking a quick break!

Rewarded with some nice turns

http://youtube.com/v/8n-APPegjaE

More snow would be nice for next weekend!
snow report
And Rock Garden still in good nick at the top

http://youtube.com/v/p5702uqzcnQ
snow report
Love your video clips Bob. They give an excellent picture of conditions in Verbier. Keep them coming.
ski holidays
BobinCH wrote:
- Bob - did you actually make this - it seems very tight timing (zero room for any delays) to me?
latest report
@oui4ski, @BobinCH, and did you have time for a mini raclette at the bottom?
ski holidays
oui4ski wrote:
BobinCH wrote:
- Bob - did you actually make this - it seems very tight timing (zero room for any delays) to me?

Just made it (well was 13:15 at Attelas where he met his group). We got to the food hut by 10:45 but there were some loooong drag lift queues on the way back that probably added a combined 30 mins to those times. Was NY’s week bluebird day mind. The 4V’s drag lifts back are a real ball ache...
snow report
@BobinCH Wow - respect - that's very, very tight timing!

I haven't skied Etygeon for years - I remember that a guide from Fantastique telephoned a restaurant from the top of the GB drags, the restaurant owner then collected us in his car at the bottom of Etygeon, provided a long lunch and then dropped us back at Siviez which made the journey back very cilvilised!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Probably skiing Verbier on Friday for the opener of my season. Have touring kit (and mountain jewellery) so if anyone fancies meeting up for some skiing let me know snowHead
latest report
martinperry wrote:
Gilberts Fridge wrote:
@BobinCH, any reason why they've decided to put a piste in there. It's welcome as my legs and kness aren't always up for the itinerary

Basically to make Nendaz more joined up with the 4V - Investment in snow canons etc
The itinerary will still be there off to the left - although not this week given the poor snow cover
Next step is a proper chair back up to tracouet Very Happy
Very excitesd as a Nendaz owner

This is indeed fantastic news and somehow I’d missed that it was happening which makes it an even more pleasant surprise.

As you say a replacement for the slowest 4 man in the world and Nendaz is as sorted as it can be.

Now replacing the Greppon Blanc pomas would transform the on piste offering in the 4 Valleys - so many people seem to go to Verbier and never get to Siviez and in my opinion the Thyon sector offers some great family skiing. Tends to be a fair bit cheaper for food and drink on that side of the mountain. A lovely lunch on the terrace of the Cambuse. Fantastic.
snow conditions
Touring season has arrived a bit early!

Mountain goats are out!

Can’t beat a bit of bushwhacking

What children?
ski holidays
Looks like a decent top up coming for the weekend warriors!
snow report
Is the bottom photo my much loved Cambuse Bob?
latest report
BobinCH wrote:
Looks like a decent top up coming for the weekend warriors!

Always welcome. I am in Zermatt from Sunday but popping round to Nendaz on Tuesday for a few days skiing with a mate there. How are the itineraries holding up?
snow report
Fifespud wrote:
Is the bottom photo my much loved Cambuse Bob?

Restaurant du Val des Dix sitting in the shadow of the Barrage de Dix at Pralong
snow report
@BobinCH, gorgeous photos. Again.
latest report
@Hurtle, thanks. Can’t beat a day out touring with Mrs Bob!
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:
@Hurtle, thanks. Can’t beat a day out touring with Mrs Bob!
Aw, you lovebirds! Very Happy
snow conditions
Return of the powder
snow report
Hi all you Verbier experts. I have a son of a friend who's parents want him to do an avalanche safety course and freeride training. He is French speaking so any recommendations for Instructor or Mountain Guide working in Verbier would be great. Please either post details here or if you prefer PM me. Looking for making contact with someone as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for the help. Very Happy Almost forgot. He is a skier since a young age, but now switched to the dark side so better if it is someone that snowboards. Very good at both.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy