Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy 2019/20 (Useful Links Page 1)

Poster: A snowHead
https://www.seetignes.com/covid
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think you can be forgiven the rant, @muppet ... On my cycle ride around the Kentish Countryside (taking my daily exercise, solo, as originally instructed by Boris), saw many cummings and goings at the beauty spots, all rather socially un-distanced. Though to be fair, if you don't test your eyes regularly, you may be unaware there are other people standing within 2 metres of you.

Thanks for the link @Whitegold. Will take a proper peruse in the morning.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Took a peek at the Grande Motte webcam today. Doesn't look like social distancing is an issue... I see the bumps skiers have been training towards the bottom of the Glacier piste. But do my eyes deceive me or is 3500 operational?! Last I heard was that the glacier had lost so much depth that they had to shift the top or bottom pylon, which needed rocks blasting, which in turn needed permission from the national park.

If anyone's been up there do give us an update on how it's shaping up.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bobski62, I'd not heard that, but I think its now called Termignon. Let's face it it never went anywhere near 3500m! But not that far from a Couloir of the same name. Last time I was up there, I'm not sure I would like to be to the east of the T bar, it's a long drop.

However they regularly have to tackle the T bar on the lower part of the glacier as the level has dropped and the ice moves at different rates.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Termignon lift is shown as running on the Skiplan page. There may be enough snow to move around to get cover on the flat area where you get on.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Current conditions are excellent on the glacier with very few people about.
3500 or whatever its new name is open,
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Did anyone go for a credit for 20/21 for season pass refund? Heard nothing. If you email office just get a reply to say it’s closed
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mark1863 wrote:
Did anyone go for a credit for 20/21 for season pass refund? Heard nothing. If you email office just get a reply to say it’s closed

Same boat - going out 4/7 to doorstep them (and do some chores)
Sorry - just re-read your post. I’d asked for a credit.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had it paid back onto my bank account within 3 weeks of applications opening.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
chocksaway wrote:
I had it paid back onto my bank account within 3 weeks of applications opening.

Good job. I didn’t have the card numbers, in Tignes... ;o(
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi @Mark1863, @Grinning, see page 29 of this thread - I got my refund about a week after submitting the on-line form. I think the deadline is the end of this month, so hurry!

I applied for the refund using this web page: https://ticketoski.fr/en/tignes and clicking on the second of the three buttons on the right.

Even though I provided IBAN and the bank details the form requested, it got refunded back to the credit card I'd originally used to buy the pass.

I know you both specifically ask about a credit, but money back in the bank can just as easily go towards a new lift pass for the next season.

Also, thanks @stewart woodward - great news on 3500 / Termignon. That lift should really make a difference for ease of lapping once up and relieve pressure on the cable car. Makes a lot of sense to invest the effort in getting it going again as a better way to manage 'new normal' uplift - two T bars instead of box. First time I have seen it running for about 3 years I think.

Have booked accommodation now for the autumn in Val Claret, so hoping for continuing good progress opening up the resort.

I've looked at some of those couloirs @chockasway, on IGN maps. Not for the faint-hearted! I think a bimble on downwards from the bottom of Leisse chair is more my cup of tea to get into that valley. Just checked the latest lift map and they have indeed renamed the lift as Termignon but kept the piste as 3500.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 28-06-20 15:16; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@bobski62, Spot on! I wont go anywhere that involves ropes , so the 3500 Couloir is out. I have skied down into the valley from above the Leisse chair, not too bad (think main face of Grande Balme) but you need to be sure of navigation and do it fairly early as its in the Sun from daybreak.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mark1863 wrote:

I went for the credit voucher option and it came through within a few weeks. It did go to my junk folder and came from CdA.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks all. I will check my account again and if nothing will put another claim in
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I submitted a claim for a refund at about the same as Chocksaway. In theory it was "validated" but I heard nothing after that. I emailed them on the 10th of June to ask if the information that I'd submitted was in order and wouldn't prevent them processing a claim. I finally received a response on the 26th of June. Quote..... "We have received your claim concerning your claim.Your request is actually be studied by the customer service"

Probably an indication of the backlog of work that it took 16 days to get a reply. Sounds a bit "lost in translation" but my reading of it is that they've yet to process my application. Might be purely coincidence but most of the "owners" (but not all) I know got refunds or credits quite quickly.
ski holidays
Could anyone here recommend a taxi company for private transfer in Jan from either Geneva or Grenoble airport. Planning ahead a bit. Ever the optimist.
snow report
Alpine Sherpa - Mini bus based in Tignes
Avoid Alps Rider Eu didn't turn up to pick me up from Val d isere and they would not pick up the Phone
ski holidays
esaw1 wrote:
Could anyone here recommend a taxi company for private transfer in Jan from either Geneva or Grenoble airport. Planning ahead a bit. Ever the optimist.

Myself and family have all used these companies over the past few years
The Mountain Rescue
Snowdrone
Whiterides
Coolbus
snow report
@muppet, many thanks, I'll look into those.
snow report
Made another claim for season pass refund. Please note they have extended the claim date to 15th Aug 2020

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 28-06-20 12:06; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@esaw1, Snowdrone. Used them several times over the last couple of years. Super punctual and doorstep collection or drop-off.
snow conditions
I can also recommend Snowdrone.
Finally heard from STGM after about 3 months! They say there will deal with my refund in the next month!
snow report
I see on webcam large crane just opposite tourist office where road comes up past arbina are they altering road somehow or the overpass for skier heading to lavachet?
snow report
I think the first one is for the alterations to the basement of the Escale Blanche/Refuge building. Think it's going to be another ski rental shop. The second one is servicing the new Diamond Rock 5 star hotel on the site of the old Alpacking Case.
latest report
@Mark1863, I heard this week as well. Same message, they will be processing over the course of this month, and the receipt on its own is sufficient. Our actual passes are in the UK and our borders here on the IOM are still closed so we can’t travel. Having said that, there hasn’t been a new Covid 19 case for 49 days and we have no restrictions at all. It’s like living in Brigadoon... until the borders are relaxed...

Hope everyone is coping with this bizarre summer we are all experiencing.!
ski holidays
Thanks Chocks
The crane for the alpaka site has become a bit of a long standing feature!
It can’t be far off being completed by now!
snow report
@snowornever, Given it was a shell with no roof when I left, they must have found a lot of tradesmen as they are advertising for staff on FB for next season. Mind you at €2400 for B and B in the first week of Jan (for 2) for their cheapest room I wonder if it will be full?
snow conditions
Just had an e mail from the Marie, there are road closures for a couple of nights 15 and 16 Jul between Boisses and Lac as they do some works connected with the new sewage plant.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chocksaway wrote:
Just had an e mail from the Marie, there are road closures for a couple of nights 15 and 16 Jul between Boisses and Lac as they do some works connected with the new sewage plant.

Does this mean the Tignes sewage pipe will no longer be doubling up as Val D'Isere's fresh water pipe? Shocked
latest report
@Kenzie, Very Happy Very Happy

But on a more serious note this new poo plant was originally envisaged as a joint venture between the 2 resorts but then Val D pulled out causing a lot of snags for the project. Presumably their poo was of a much better class and couldn't be seen mixing wink
snow conditions
chocksaway wrote:
@snowornever, Given it was a shell with no roof when I left, they must have found a lot of tradesmen as they are advertising for staff on FB for next season. Mind you at €2400 for B and B in the first week of Jan (for 2) for their cheapest room I wonder if it will be full?

Sounds an absolute bargain! Not!
Competing with the Taos I wonder how much capacity is needed for high end priced accommodation , maybe Tignes is heading way of val disere?
ski holidays
Quote:

maybe Tignes is heading way of val disere?

I suspect that in parts that may have been the case.............but perhaps less so now. The coming season will be a bit of a bellwether.
latest report
Another soulless 5 Star Hotel. The Alpacka might have been falling apart towards the end but it had character. I know which I would rather stay in.
ski holidays
@snowornever, @GreenDay, Well certainly the area around my gaff is being gentrified, with the Aiguille Refurb Taos, Alpaka-Diamond Rock, Cap Neige, the Chalet du Lavachey is next. The Gentiana is sold to a developer, not sure whether it will be a knock down and rebuild or a refurb, but the rooms are 'Alpine Bijou' which people no longer seem to like. The Arbina and Vallon Blanc may well be combined into another high end spot according to the rumours on the street - I soon won't be able to afford to live in my own area Wink

The other rumour is there is a lot of Swiss money involved, even though it may have a local frontman - moving high as an insurance against Climate Change. Still if I live long enough the proceeds from Chez Moi should ensure a couple of years in a decent care home!!
latest report
Drove down Thursday overnight. Eurotunnel was fine, French did not ask for the health declaration that was required as per eurotunnel site. Waved us through like normal.

Great here in the EK, just like any other summer Laughing
latest report
@chocksaway,
Quote:

Alpaka-Diamond Rock, Cap Neige, the Chalet du Lavachey is next. The Gentiana is sold to a developer,

Sad Might have to rough it in La Daille, Les Brevieres, Les Boisses to get good value.
snow report
Will you be skiing Philip1972? If so, looking forward to a report on conditions Very Happy
latest report
@mountainaddict, Apologies-no skiing for us. It was just a short weekend, and it was for sorting some bits in the apartment that we couldnt do earlier in the year.
snow conditions
Someone seems to have pulled out the cork in the email bottle for credits on season pass refunds. The ex pat net shows at least 3 have received an e mail from STGM, not CdA, and the credit has appeared in the on line accounts.
snow conditions
@chocksaway, Credits as opposed to refunds?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy