Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone bought any UNTRAKT clothing?

Poster: A snowHead
@scarlet here is the bargain jacket! https://www.sweetprotection.com/en-gb/voodoo-gore-tex-pro-jacket-womens/820004.html?dwvar_820004_color=PMPRP&cgid=62930
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@gaschick, Nice! I have the Salvation pants and they're great.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don’t have any adult outerwear from HH (their merino underwear is great) but do have some for the kids (mostly from the K Shelter range) and I’m not too impressed with the durability.

They mostly last one season for my kids before the start to full apart around the cuffs. Scandinavian kindergarten/school over winter is the ultimate durability test!

I did buy my 9year old a new HH down jacket last year which she ripped 2 holes in after 4 weeks and the printed logos started to peel off after 6 weeks as well.

Before that jacket, she had one from Bergen’s of Norway which apart from one small hole (fixed with the included repair patch) it is in good condition. Most of our kids outerwear are in good enough condition to pass down or to sell on but not the HH stuff. All of it have gone in the bin/recycled after.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bought Sweet Protection (Norwegian) jacket and pants in the sales. Feels top notch. My Sweet Protection helmet certainly is.

Other option for me was Stellar Equipment (Åre, Sweden), but I seemed to be between sizes.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@gaschick, I have 2 Helly Hansen Jackets with the lower performance 'Helly Tech Protection' membrane. I've been wearing one for nearly 10 years skiing and it's been perfect. Always been warm and dry when layered appropriately and it's showing no major signs of wear. The other I use and abuse here for hiking and dog walking in all weathers and again it's great. I bought a Norrona Lofoten Active last year and the glued hem fell apart with one weeks light use (though Norrona did of course repair it free of charge).

Have since bought a new pair of Helly Sogn bibs which feel and look excellent quality, but have yet to wear them for skiing. I'm a big Helly fan - my friend had some of the Ullr stuff last year and was raving about it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I just did a Google search to try and find out if someone else sold UNTRAKT to see if it was really just a SportsPursuit "Own Brand" ...
Its amazing to find I'm back here at Snowheads again ... we really are the font of all knowledge Madeye-Smiley

Nearly all garments are made in the far east now, and really just designed and specified in west, or am I wrong?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Still don’t quite know why trading standards hasn’t got in touch with them about the claimed ‘sale’ on Untrakt clothing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They are a private-sale website for “members” only. You only see the prices when you become a member and login.

Not sure trading standards can do anything about their “sale” (correct me if I’m wrong) as it’s not open to the public (yes, anyone can become a member!).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi all

Any update on UNTRAKT and the quality? I'm looking to buy a hard shell and they have a nice looking one on sale.
https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/1481738?click=eyJxdWVyeSI6MTc3NjgsInBhZ2UiOjIsInBhZ2VTaXplIjo0MiwicG9zIjoxNH0=

Open to other suggestions for a Hard Shell jacket (one that doesn't break the bank either!).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have used the Untrakt gear for the last 2 years. Before that I have used Peak Performance, Killy etc and paid through the nose for it. The Untrakt gear stands up to the test. I have worn it in Fernie, Whistler, Cormayeur and Tignes. Fernie was -27C. In Fernie I did use my Peak mid layers as Untrakt don't do them. For the price it is very good quality and will last a few harsh trips and has pretty much the same functionality of a known high end brand. I would not hesitate to recommend.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi and welcome to snowheads. I found the opposite with untrakt clothing. Quality was pretty poor and nowhere near my high end brand gear. I think at the price point I can search the sales for better quality.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the welcome. I’m surprised by your comment on quality. I have had no issue. Works in all weathers, has never been compromised by leakage etc and is still in good nick around the ankles especially!! Sorry to hear it didn’t work for you.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I got wet pretty quick and a seam started to open. I now use it at work but will be in the bin pretty shortly.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A couple of years ago I bought some Kilpi ski trousers from SP. Quickly split at the crotch, despite not being tight fitting!

No problem with refund, currently have both
Sweet Protection soft and hardshell pants (SP) bomber kit.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sweet protection is good gear. One of the brands I was thinking of being better quality if found with a big discount taking it into untrakt price bracket.
snow report
Got some UNTRAKT pants for my stepson - he loves them. They don't look or feel as bombproof as a high end brand, but they look cool, do the job perfectly well and I don't think you can complain for the price.
snow report
@Trigary, Did you buy ?

We are looking at a shell jacket from them, anyone else bought their gear?
snow report
radar wrote:
@Trigary, Did you buy ?

We are looking at a shell jacket from them, anyone else bought their gear?

No I didn't buy UNTRAKT in the end as I didn't have enough info at the time. I bought Salomon kit during the summer of 2019. I paid about £200 for kit that was worth about £500 as it was "old stock" and it was "out of season". Very happy with it. I found it was definitely the way to buy kit!
ski holidays
@Trigary, Thanks, we may hold off and see what else pops up
snow report
I bought some 3L pants but sent them back - they seemed pretty flimsy. (Never skied in them though, so maybe they'd have been fine.)
snow conditions
@radar, admittedly only socks, but, put it this way, I dipped my toe in the water ( see what I did there Eh oh! ) and bought a couple of pairs at £7.99 each, then when they arrived, they were so good that I kitted my whole family out in them. They seem as good as any socks I’ve ever had.
snow conditions
@ShakiraShakira, said
Quote:

I bought some 3L pants but sent them back - they seemed pretty flimsy. (Never skied in them though, so maybe they'd have been fine.)

We've had 2 pairs of the 3L pants in our house since 2019 (me and my wife), used for about 3-4 weeks of skiing each. They've stood up very well to general wear and tear, including some touring. Comfortable, easy to adjust, the pockets are great and a day in the rain at La Tania showed they're properly waterproof. I'd buy from them again without hesitation.
ski holidays
Hey all,

Any updates on the Untrakt gear? Keep seeing it on Sports Pursuit and am in the market for a new shell...
snow report
I had a fjern jacket clearly a sport pursuit own brand in the same way as untrakt. Waterproofing was great. Zip went after 12 months and we were given a refund no problem. Don’t think it as bombproof as high end gear - I picked up an arcteryx jacket at half price on eBay and much better quality than fjern. You get what you pay of r. Personally I would look at race revolution at the same price point.
snow report
I currently have Untrakt trousers and a jacket, as with @dan100, the zip went on the first jacket (by which I mean it started freying at the bottom, rather than the actual zip fully breaking for clarity) and Sport Pursuit refunded in full without a fight (it lasted 2 trips).

However...I couldn't find a similar shell jacket that actually fit, so I ended up buying the same one again (hoping the first one was just faulty)...so far so good, this one has lasted 1 ski trip + an English summer and the trousers seem absolutely fine (I love the adjustable velcro to loosen the waist after lunch) and are great for warmer weather.

So to surmise, there probably are better quality jackets out there, but for me personally I just couldn't find one that fit comfortably (and ticked the right boxes in terms of waterproofing etc), for others it will be different and another jacket will no doubt fit better and may well be a better option (no issues at all with the trousers btw).
ski holidays
I got an Obsidian jacket as I was after 4 decent pockets. One jacket I tried from SP had chest pockets with the bottoms down at the jacket hem. Probably OK for folded skins, but useless trying to retrieve anything small. 8 weeks skiing so far and fine plus quite a few favourable comments.
snow report
Got a jacket and trousers. Very happy. Norrona rip off design wise... Worked well in all conditions, great wind protection, trousers keep me dry. My only bugbear is the quality of the main zip which I had to get repaired after a season.
ski holidays
gaschick wrote:
I have bought a top of the range Sweet Protection jacket (another Voodoo)@nbt
in the sale with 60+% off. £165! My husband had a Kilp jacket which delaminated and has fallen to bits! He is now looking at getting a Helly Hansen ski jacket with his RNLI discount in one of their discount weeks. Does anyone have any experiences with Helly Hansen ski wear? his has one of their jackets for work and loves it.

Haven't used them yet but I bought a Helly Hansen Jacket and Trousers in this years sale, both feel like great quality.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just wrote a little review of the Obsidian shell jacket here - Clicky
ski holidays
Just worn a pair of the Obsidian shell salopettes last week in the 3V - performed great in all conditions from warm to cold windy, would highly recommend.
latest report
Just worn a pair of the Obsidian shell salopettes last week in the 3V - performed great in all conditions from warm to cold windy, would highly recommend.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy