Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UPDATED 2023 - Public transport & shared transfer info - Alps & Pyrenees

Poster: A snowHead
@denfinella, yes, updated version is working
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like Alpskibus has been rolled into Altibus. alpskibus.com leads to a dead website, and while you can find a current timetable with the Alpskibus logo, it's all part of Altibus - the schedules are exactly what you'll see anywhere else on Altibus' website and booking is also done via Altibus' main reservation system.
So probably better to rename those references, to Altibus.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And also... now there's AlpyBus!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've fully updated the table for 2019/20 - link in first post.

Generally prices have stayed fairly similar to last year - though I've noticed some companies tweaking their rates to make them more similar to competitors. The southern French Alps still lead the way in cheapest transfers - just 6 euros each way to handful of resorts from Nice airport!

The new companies / name changes mentioned in the last few posts have been incorporated. A few Pyrenean resorts are also now included.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
denfinella wrote:
I've fully updated the table for 2019/20 - link in first post.

Generally prices have stayed fairly similar to last year - though I've noticed some companies tweaking their rates to make them more similar to competitors. The southern French Alps still lead the way in cheapest transfers - just 6 euros each way to handful of resorts from Nice airport!

The new companies / name changes mentioned in the last few posts have been incorporated. A few Pyrenean resorts are also now included.

There's a public bus (No.92) from very close to Nice airport (like 10 mins on foot, or 3 mins on a tram) that will get you to Isola or Auron for 1.50Euro each way!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@denfinella, I used the very accessible https://www.thetrainline.com/ website to buy tickets from Geneva to Bourg st Maurice and hence Les Arcs. I'm over 60 so I get the tickets at a discount. The normal fare is £30.66 each way. It is a bit more expensive from Lyon. These transfers are available every day of the week and every week of the year

They are not quick or reliable but they are cheep.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow, what a great resource! Kudos for all the hard work.

I'm looking for shared transfers from Chambery > Courchevel next Feb and Altibus have just told me on live chat that they're no longer operating out of Chambery. Anyone have any other ideas?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks @denfinella, for the effort to build and maintain this list. This has opened up some resorts with options I didn't know about.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks @silentice. I haven't actually updated since the start of the pandemic, but might do for the coming season...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@denfinella, I’ve just come across this via the thread about resorts accessible by train, I’m going solo this season so reducing transfer costs is key, many many thanks in advance.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ck22, I could understand that Altibus won't be operating out of Chambery now. But in February?? They don't normally release winter timetables until about November. No shuttles from Chambery would make accessing Maurienne and Tarentaise resorts more tricky - probably have to use the train and then a local transfer
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For years I've struggled to find shared transfers to Cervinia, does any guru here know which company run this route please?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Recently on the PSB early December to Tignes. Due to the PCR / Geneva fiasco we missed the Saturday flight and arrived on the Sunday. The usual suspects did not provide Sunday transfers so early in the season but Snow-Drone saved the Bash for a couple of us. £75 a single in a well prepared comfortable minivan. I would not have booked the flight/PCR without this transfer being available.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cookiemonsterhahaha wrote:
For years I've struggled to find shared transfers to Cervinia, does any guru here know which company run this route please?

We went to Cervinia flying into Turin the year before COVID Sad .

I used this website https://www.airportransferservices.com/ Was really good and cheap. Quoting € 40.00 per person each way from Turin

Hope this helps! Smile
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Does anyone know if there is a similar thread looking at private transfers and best to use. Alpinebuses comes up first in Google and seems cheap but I saw a bad review on here somewhere….Looking at GVA-Bourg specifically. R
snow report
Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend a transfer service from Grenoble Airport to Le Plagne 1800?

We have our flights booked but are really struggling with finding a transfer. Sad

Thank you in advance for replies.

Cheers
Anthony
snow conditions
hi @AntMcClure, welcome to Snowheads.

it may be an idea to put your dates and times down, there are a few transfer companies represented on snowheads, so they may be able to help when they know your requirements
snow report
Hi Terry, thank you and thanks for the Prompt..

In bound flight March 11th arriving @ Grenoble at 10.30am. Outbound flight March 18th departing Grenoble 10.30am
Five passengers, No Ski or Snowboard bags.
Destination:
Chalet Boule de Neige
La Plagne 1800, France (Near to the Bobsleigh Pub)
ski holidays
@AntMcClure, i am sure you have looked, but there does not look like there's much choice there, at least for shared transfers.

bens-bus was where i went to first, but they do not go to la plagne from grenoble.
even if they did, your other issue might also be the early return flight, realistically you would be looking to leave resort around 6am for this.

could you hire a car between the 5 of you?
quick look, and you can get a hire car for around £500 for the time period.

sorry i cannot be more of a help
latest report
Hi Terry / all,
Thanks for your help. We're sorted now. Best price we could get is Eur 850 return. Used the following link and got a number of quotes:
https://www.findtransfers.com

Safe skiing / boarding everyone.

Cheers
Ant
latest report
no worries Ant, glad you have it all sorted, hope you have a great time

terry
latest report
I’m in same boat with transfer from Grenoble to Meribel on 11th arriving at 13:15 - anyone out there willing to share a transfer??? Cheapest price so far is over 1000 for 3 of us
snow report
Table fully updated, to aid planning for 2023/4 season (see first post).

New additions:
- all Alpine / Pyrenean ski areas with a rail connection should now be listed
- a column showing the (claimed) size of each ski area

Let me know about any omissions!
ski holidays
Anyone got any advice for getting to Montgenevre from Lyon (i know, poor choice of airport) or a good priced private transfer?
ski holidays
wyattjnr wrote:
Anyone got any advice for getting to Montgenevre from Lyon (i know, poor choice of airport) or a good priced private transfer?

You could try the Blablacar ride share app . You might get something close there. Otherwise it's very hard to beat Rome2rio.com to plan transport imho
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy