Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CHANCES OF SNOW FROM 5 TO 12 FEB LEST GETS/CHAM AREA?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI EVERYONE, Off to the above from sunday and iv been searching the net for some signs(pls god!!) of this warm weather breaking down which is currently eating the snow. Any chance of snowfall during this time? Pls make my first post a happy one!!
cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HARRYMAC2702, Welcome to snowHead
Brian better than me at this but there is a lot of 'activity' which would indicate something big DURING that week. Not really a betting person but if I were I would go for snowfall on Monday/Tuesday and Friday --- whatever enjoy it ! Mind you I had no idea that temps would get this high 3 days ago .... so I know nothing !
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thankx for that, uv got me thinking now. Just elaborate a bit more- what activity is happening. Cm on i need more info now uv wetted my appertite!!!

cheers
snow report
 brian
brian
Temps on their way back down. Dry until the 5th, then looking hopeful. Somewhere around the 7th-9th, fronts from the atlantic look like crossing the alps.

Hope so, I'm in Les Gets from the 11th snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HARRYMAC2702, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from Verbier and Montana, sunshine was fantastic and the snow was great, but pleased to hear that there is snow on its way to Les Gets as am out there from the 9th. See you out there.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Les Gets needs it as does alot of the PDS it's all going!!!!!! Skiing on slush is no fun.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SammyQ wrote:
Skiing on slush is no fun.

You're probably doing it wrong then Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No, it's the suction. It sucks.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Goldsmith, Indeed it does suck. Especially from ice to slush to ice to slush........ It actually feels like your skis are being pulled back, whilst you pretend not to shhot forwards.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SammyQ wrote:
David Goldsmith, Indeed it does suck. Especially from ice to slush to ice to slush........ It actually feels like your skis are being pulled back, whilst you pretend not to shhot forwards.

But that doesn't stop it from being fun. A couple of the pistes I skied earlier in the week were slushy from directly facing the sun, but I had loads of fun on them as it is very easy to crank the skis over onto an edge and overcome any stickiness by going a bit quicker than usual Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SammyQ, slushy bumps are the best things in the world beating powder and spring snow hands down. Sorry I missed you for beers but we're in Chamonix now. I thought the PDS conditions rather fine actually, but you probably don't have my history (seasons 88-89. 89-90 and 90-91). At one stage in Feb '90 we were down to 6 open pistes in the whole area.

Had a top day in the couloirs off Mossettes on Tuesday and rather an entertaining excursion to Torgon on Thursday. Wicked "itineraire" down from restaurant Panoramique.

ISE! Yes, I now totally see what you mean about Torgon. How little investment can you get away with and still call yourself a ski resort?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy