Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

G is for Germknoedel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm amazed at how many folk have not eaten a Germknoedel in the Tirol.

It's a large sweet suet dumpling with a jammy centre made in part with Stroh rum, covered in either melted butter or Vanillesauce (custard) and with a topping of caster sugar mixed with poppyseeds.

I suspect most of them are made in some giant factory in Innsbruck and shipped up to the mountains in refrigerated trucks, but maybe some are made in-resort. I'll try to find out and update this post as necessary.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeast dumpling traditionally filled with Powidl (a jam made I think with prunes/plums) and covered with melted butter and Mohn (icing sugar and ground poppy seed, looks like fag ash) or vanilla sauce (thin custard.)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can't stand the things.
Topfenstrudel, on the other hand, I would kill for without conscience.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kaiserschmarren is where it's at...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I suspect most of them are made in some giant factory in Innsbruck and shipped up to the mountains in refrigerated trucks, but maybe some are made in-resort. I'll try to find out and update this post as necessary

They are grown in vast underground caves or disused salt mines just outside of Salzburg. Turn left past the Mozart-kugel factory on the road to Bad Reichenhal - 200m before you reach the semmel quarry. wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
....Knoedel means dumpling.
....Germ means yeast.
....So this is a yeast dumpling that has risen and become 'light'...

Radstadt (where I live innit) has a Knoedel fest in the summer. All kinds of dumplings from sweet to savoury, stuffed to plain. Even the local kebbaby offered some kind of Knoedel offering!
We like to refer to them as C cups with fag ash.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen bodecia wrote:
Kaiserschmarren is where it's at...
yes, Kaiserschmarrn has something to be said for it, but I would go extra miles for a good Topfenstrudel. Mmmmh.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can apparently buy Germknoedel in the supermarkets of Austria. http://www.iglo.at/de-at/produkte/mehlspeisenfruechte/riesen-germknoedel/ This may change my attitude to self catering... Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

C cups with fag ash.

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Had a report of it being served with one raspberry on top and covered in custard Very Happy

Also ordered one on the Buchensteinwand only to be told 'sorry have ran out of large size, here are three small ones instead' that was a challenge.

Lately they have been filled with blueberry jam/compote and not Powidl, a backward step in my opinion.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The dumplings filled with the spicy plum jam and served with melted butter and a mix of poppy seeds and sugar on top are my favorite.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy