Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2014/2015 (Folks that a Wrap 2014/15 season)

Poster: A snowHead
Redwine wrote:
@stanton, still looking good for a respectable weekend?

-18c in boston, and just learned that F to C parity is reached at -40F. useless information for the day.

Need the Jet Stream to move that cold air mass over the pond to the Alps!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Our first day skiing on Sunday, looks like a great snowy day. Can't way to click in and get going. By the way anyone know how Gunar's doing at the Murrmel bar
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@xscreamer, The Bar is to small for him. He is quitting at the end of this season. Some other Apres ski joints in town will also be changing a bit next season.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1C up on Trittkopf in Zurs . Feels warm but something is deffinitly blowing in  Snow tonight but tomorrow but the freez level will rise to 2000M . Sunday still looks good for colder weather & Snow. Next week warm again
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The storm before the....storm? Puzzled The webcams for Lech/Zurs look very grey/whiteout up top. Village looks almost like they got a bit of a dusting? Just hope that when the warm and wet comes, it does it's job and gives some stability to the snow pack.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
5.5 C in the village. pretty warm. any recent reports from anyone at the resort recently?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Redwine,

It is snowing right now higher up in St Christoph & Zurs.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
looks like the rain did some damage low down, the web cams have brown bits around the pistes and what looks like puddles at the St Anton base and Nasserein Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can't help getting really nervous about April - normally January is cold not these.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@NickyJ, I've been out for the past 4 Aprils in a row, two of them have been very poor snow years inc last year and we've always had a great time with top to bottom skiing. Test case is if the nursey slopes in Stuben are white or green. They have been white twice (once very deep) and green twice!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
oh and it appears Jan depths are already ahead of last season!!

http://www.igluski.com/austria/st-anton-snow-history_3306
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@kitenski,

No problem at all skiing Top to Valley
Galzig ,Rendl, Nasserein.

Saturday. The best day of the week for sliding Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@kitenski, thank you, I really appreciate the reassurance.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski wrote:
oh and it appears Jan depths are already ahead of last season!!

http://www.igluski.com/austria/st-anton-snow-history_3306

That's not saying much, last season was not great for snow depths... In fact the upper slopes already have more than the max last season. If you try comparing to 2011/12, about 2m accumulated depth fell in January, there's something to hope for Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@sah, or 12/13......now that'd be more like it!

Looking good for next weekend if you believe Bergfex, proper dump and cold........it's cooling down nicely too
snow conditions
13:50 Saturday

OMG +10C in downtown Lech on the Terrace outside the http://www.postlech.com/ in Lech
ski holidays
@stanton, don't get too comfy, the weather front is coming from here towards you and it's really cold here right now in North England! Just spend last 2-3 hours in my garage doing ski tech and I'm Baltic!
snow conditions
Did it rain over night? Looked partly cloudy when I checked the Lech cams at sunset. 8C in the village too. Here's hoping for a nice dump of snow on Sunday.
snow conditions
Let's hope bergfex has next week correct. They were not overly accurate with this weekend one week ago?
snow report
Not directly there but Solden was 9 degrees today in town with rain overnight most of the snow off the runs has gone and freezing levels just below the main gondola stations..
snow conditions
@Levi215,
On our run down (in Solden) at 1.30 pm today one of the mountain restaurants (hear the bottom) had a flashing sign saying 15 degrees! Unfortunately, it felt like it as well. The wind felt like a hair dryer blasting onto our faces.

We skiied slush today below 1900 metres but it was good fun - and much better than the ice we encountered on the 2 days previously.

To make things worse, most lifts and runs were closed today due to wind. Although today felt like skiing at Easter it still beat not skiing.

We are hoping that winter returns soon, however....
snow report
Bergmeister wrote:
@Levi215,
On our run down (in Solden) at 1.30 pm today one of the mountain restaurants (hear the bottom) had a flashing sign saying 15 degrees! Unfortunately, it felt like it as well. The wind felt like a hair dryer blasting onto our faces.

We skiied slush today below 1900 metres but it was good fun - and much better than the ice we encountered on the 2 days previously.

To make things worse, most lifts and runs were closed today due to wind. Although today felt like skiing at Easter it still beat not skiing.

We are hoping that winter returns soon, however....

Yep really warm today, lots of lifts were closed yesterday due to wind with only a few pistes accessible, haven't seen the future forecast but other threads suggest it was a blip. Hope it improves for you, although all the blacks / reds down this week have been skating rinks...
latest report
@Levi215,
The glacier and all upper lifts were closed today in Solden due to wind. Surprisingly, it wasn't too busy - even though few runs/lifts were open. Even the limited skiing allowed nearly 4000ft vertical, so not too bad really.

The only downside was that I took 2 hours off to watch Sunderland lose to Liverpool in the footy on the telly and the bar was charging €5.50 for 0.5l of beer! I thought I was in France....

Sad
ski holidays
Folks its snowing but unfortunatley many lifts are closed this morning.
because of wind.

Better to head round to Lech zurs their lifts are holding up excep
Rufikopf Tramway
ski holidays

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 17-01-15 12:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@stanton, ? Is that snowfall? Or base depths? Should we be Very Happy or Mad
latest report
Redwine wrote:

@Redwine That's snow base depth. But you can see after a few cm's melting away, that it went up by about 20cm's. So, looks like they received about 15-20cm's of new snow.
ski holidays
Toadman wrote:
Redwine wrote:

@Redwine That's snow base depth. But you can see after a few cm's melting away, that it went up by about 20cm's. So, looks like they received about 15-20cm's of new snow.

top or bottom of lift? I hope the bottom ....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
that's a good graphic @stanton, do you have the source so I can monitor it Smile
ski holidays
@stanton @xscreamer re Gunar and Murrmel bar, après ski here has really taken off this season..The bar is getting a good crowd in, and he has no plans to quit..I talked to him earlier today ..if anything they will make the main bar bigger next season by knocking out the dividing wall...so expect to see more Gunar at Murrmel...and on topic of that bar, salsa is finally coming to Anton! 23rd jan will be a Latin night with DJ , singer and salsa teacher...more on that later!
latest report
I'm staying in St Anton next week and wont get a chance to get my skis serviced before heading off. Can anyone recommend a shop in the village for ski servicing and are they likely to have any capacity to fit it in on a Saturday if I arrive early afternoon?
ski holidays
@sparkyNI, all the main hire shops will do a next day service for you.
snow report
Toadman wrote:
Redwine wrote:
@stanton, still looking good for a respectable weekend?

-18c in boston, and just learned that F to C parity is reached at -40F. useless information for the day.

Need the Jet Stream to move that cold air mass over the pond to the Alps!

So, maybe this jet stream thingy is looking more plausible.
latest report
sparkyNI wrote:
I'm staying in St Anton next week and wont get a chance to get my skis serviced before heading off. Can anyone recommend a shop in the village for ski servicing and are they likely to have any capacity to fit it in on a Saturday if I arrive early afternoon?

The ski tunes I have had from Jennewein have been consistently good.
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
that's a good graphic @stanton, do you have the source so I can monitor it Smile

Its live

http://www.vorarlberg.at/lawinenmessstellen/messstelle.asp?ort=zuers
snow report
how was the storm in st anton? How we looking these days?

Bergfex has stable colder temperatures and another weekend storm (fingers crossed!)
ski holidays
@Redwine,

42cms of New at the UlmerHutte

ski holidays
Today was fun, but that ice crust was lurking beneath the 40ish cm's of new. Lots of pow was skied, but there is an ice layer to as go ghost as any open lift today. Hoping for more pow soon...
latest report
comish wrote:
Today was fun, but that ice crust was lurking beneath the 40ish cm's of new. Lots of pow was skied, but there is an ice layer to as go ghost as any open lift today. Hoping for more pow soon...

@comish How was the stability on that 40cm? Anything sliding?
ski holidays
@comish, another 20-30 cm and that ice is a distant memory?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy