Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Colorado Snow

Poster: A snowHead
18-24 inches in Breck over the past 24 hours with no end in sight. a classic upslope storm with warm gulf of mexico moisture swirling up against the mountains meeting a cold front.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
your such a lucky guy mr guy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
we are lucky here this fall. i imagine loveland and a-basin will open in the next week or so. i think this caught all by surprise. it is a heavy wet snow that will provide a good base.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Loveland is my No1 favaourite place in CO.
Any Snowheads going to Summit County should try to get down there.
Makes a great change from Breck/Copper etc.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, Ill be going fingers crossed !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stephen bleakley, i'm impressed. For someone to have crossed the pond and discovered this gem is a feat. merely a day lodge and some of the best skiing in the world. i hope you have also gone over the pass and tried a-basin. loveland is where many ski instructors meet on their day off to ski. the parking lot is steps from the lodge, the food is inexpensive and good, the beer is cold, the terrain is varied and the snow is always.......interesting.

by interesting i mean, if you can ski the difficult terrain at loveland you can ski anywhere. it get's a lot of snow and at times weather extremes. i've been there on days with some pretty funky conditions. it is always a lot of fun.

it is now official......loveland opens friday.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rusty Guy, I lived in Boulder during the 99/00 winter. Went to Loveland many times - always seemed pretty empty.
One weekend I think I spent virtually all Sat and Sunday boarding down the runs near lift No8 on perfect powder without seeing more than 10 people.

Warning for boarders - the lift exits at Loveland are probably the most difficult ones I've ever been on!

A Basin is great too - A mountain with only 6 lifts but great terrain. The east wall and the land of giants is great on a board.

Eldora was my local hill - only a 35min drive from Boulder - another place with just a parking lot and lodge.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Colorado opening for business on Friday...
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=30262
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stephen bleakley, i taught full time at eldora prior to buying a cabin in grand county near tabernash. i actually can easily hike from the town of eldora to my cabin in tabernash in the summer. i actually taught one day a week at loveland for a year in order to get a free pass for myself and family.

were you at cu?

the area around lift eight rarely gets much use due to ingress and egress. it's tough to get to or get out of. the tunnel is another unique feature of loveland.

last spring was by far the best snow that i have seen at loveland. for a fairly long period od time we enjoyed substantial snows on a daily basis. every day you could find untracked powder someplace for an hour or two.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
check the pics here, looks more like midwinter!

http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36693&highlight=loveland
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
is this a sign of things to come.... early winters ?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
october is mid-winter on loveland pass!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote of the week :

Quote:
With music blaring and the sun dazzling, skiers and snowboarders opened the 2005-06 season at 8 a.m. Friday at Loveland Ski area.

"I called in sick to come," said Ryan Dolph, 22, of Dillon.

hopefully his employer doesn't read Rocky Mountain News
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ise, not sure about Colorado, but in Utah, some people are allowed a certain number of snow/sick days every year - they can take them as a sick day, cause it's in their contract.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm not sure that's really true, it's most certainly true that there's an attitude in North America that "sick" days are some sort addition to their holiday entitlement, since the holiday entitlement only runs to a couple of days in some companies. Most European contracts allow self certificate sick days, using them for skiing's not allowed though Very Happy
snow report
ise, I just base it on having shared a house with a couple of locals in Salt Lake who would call in to work on powder days, and claim them as such.
ski holidays
yup some locals I know in Colorado had "powder day" clauses in their contracts.
ski holidays
skied at loveland and loveland pass last weekend. lots of rocks, plenty of soft snow in between the rocks. there are clouds coming in which should set a-basin up nicely for opening this weekend! snow tomorrow wahoo!
snow conditions
what is a basin ?
ski holidays
Something you wash your hands in?
latest report
Royal wrote:
what is a basin ?

www.arapahoebasin.com
snow report
rolling eyes
latest report
Rusty Guy, Hey rusty,

by ANY chance??

Can anyone tell me if Durango is any good??Have a friend who wants us to go there with him but dont know if it be worth the money? What is the skiing like and the apres ski??

Any help would be fantastic.

Thank you
ski holidays
Royal,

Not to be confused with a buffalo..!!
latest report
you cant wash your hands in a buffalo....
snow conditions
Royal,

A Basin is a huge bowl and great fun if you are in the region of Breckenridge, Copper and Keystone.
ski holidays
Quote:

you cant wash your hands in a buffalo....

You can..................but it's not a pretty sight.
ski holidays
colorado update......14 inches reported at Loveland today and more coming
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rusty Guy, Sounds excellent - what altitude is it falling at? Do I have money for quickie hol before we open on 26 Nov? Sadly not. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
i live in grand county at 9100 feet, west of the continental divide. i awakened to perhaps ankle deep snow. ten miles away in winter park there was a foot. across berthoud pass and a bit west is loveland. they are reporting 15 inches. loveland's base is at 10,000 feet.

copper opened yesterday and all reports are that they have a great deal of snow as well.

the forecast calls for continued snow showers for the next few days. we seem to be getting off to a good start. for all those who fret about snow in colorado for an early season visit your concerns can be set aside!

ski patrol is hard at work cross cutting and boot packing steeper terrain. as soon as the runs are deemed safe more terrain will be opened.

i saw a bunch of folks skiing/riding fairly steep lines at berthoud pass yesterday. they must have a death wish. the snowpack is not stable at this point.
ski holidays
Rusty Guy, Sounds as though you'll be right for the beginning of the season. 9,100 feet is around 2,800m I think - quite high. Sounds as if the snow is falling at about the same altitude as here. Enjoy. Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski, you scrape up the airfare to denver, we'll find you a place to stay!
ski holidays
sadly several hours after my comments a local skier was killed at berthoud pass. saturday a warning was posted by our able avalanche folks.

http://geosurvey.state.co.us/avalanche/Default.aspx?tabid=106

many of you have asked about backcountry skiing in colorado. please do not venture out without a seasoned guide. the colorado backcountry is an exceedingly dangerous place for neophytes.

god rest his soul and prayers for the skier's family.
snow report
looking good so far !
latest report
Rusty Guy, Shame - still, go where you shouldn't and pay the price. Wish I could scrape up the airfair, sadly this is always the time of year when I'm absolutely broke!! My friend Richard's on his way back to Beaver Creek on Tuesday BTW - just in case you get over there, a little welshman, very nice guy and excellent teacher.
snow report
reports are he was buried one meter below the surface and that due to early season conditions his beacon was left under the seat of his vehicle. don't know if any of that is true. may simply be internet gossip.

i will seek out your friend if i get near vail/bc. it's a little "high brow" for me. my step brother has taught at vail for nearly thirty years.
latest report
Rusty Guy, The idea of Richard being "high brow" is really quite amusing. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy