Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is MK Excape in trouble???

Poster: A snowHead
slikedges, I was there on Weds, came off early pm, just as the co. fired up the diesel cherry picker....us SH need to coordinate ourselves a bit better rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowbunny, it was an impromptu visit as I finished work early Very Happy I suspect it'll be a recurring if irregular opportunity though, so let me know if you're planning a visit snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
slikedges, OK will do. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Both pomas working today & both very busy after 9.30am. Fairly fresh deep snow under the drag lifts for a change, however there were 2 substantial ice patches on both slopes. The slopes weren't too busy oddly enough - just the lifts.

I did take 2 pics but I can't host them at the mo as the server I use is offline.

Again, two board changes took up precious time, they gave me the wrong size board as they had run out of goofy binding boards in my size. I simply couldn't use it & had to go straight back & change it.... which was pretty lazy of them... snowHead

Richie, I did see your initial post, my comments were totally in agreement with yours! Wink

Oh I also did a spectacular twizzly star jump & winded myself... lol! will be sore tomorrow *ouch* but I bought some new boots mmmmnnnn so I have a sort of consolation prize Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I went about 3 weeks ago and it was pure ice. Not sheet ice but bumpy, mini-mountain range ice. poo-poo it was.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's crap! (just my opinion of course)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Using my Local DrySLope (Warmwell-Dorset),it has this new 'SnowFlex' Stuff.Not Bad.£40 for a months unlimited use.Doeasn't hurt as much as 'Dendex',but to get the old muscles going it'll do.
Though i did have to Wax my board first as its not that fast.
I can recommend ASDA's own Multi Surface Cleaner with a Vanilla Esscence,as i find the speed & bouquet have much improved the whole dry slope experience! wink (This is actually true!)

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 12-01-06 13:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How poetic snowHead

I've never felt the urge to try a dry slope.... but I like the idea of wafting around in vanilla air Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You fancy coming on a holiday with our group in a couple of weeks.I can't promise 'Vanilla' air, but the airbourne bouquets coming from messrs 'Prior','Gunner' & especially 'Kev (The Mad Scot) Robertson' bottoms has to be smelt to be believed! wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp Shocked
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nuff said.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Simon (Mr T), A very kind offer, thank you.

I'm thinking... Mr T and his stinky swamp monkeys, or Canada.... hmmmm toughie... will get back to ya Wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You booked Canada then?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
of course not.... HK's goin with you and your swamp monkies (love it), how could she resist Laughing Laughing

sounds like the Pilot to the A-Team
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I don't like to be tarnished with the same brush as those Northern 'Swamp Monkies'.
I am a soft southerner with Vanilla Escence coming from my Botty!
I don't think she'd like boarding with Richie & his homies,too uncouth.
We (Southerners) could however put up with hk,though she's Semi Northern coming from the Home Counties! wink
ski holidays
I've never been called a "swamp monkey" before- how kind (I think)- 10 more working days to go!!! Very Happy
latest report
Simon (Mr T), Yep, Canada trip is booked, I'm a saddo hyper organised on that one... with regular monthly payments since last May!!... I don't make a habit of running away at a moment's (14hrs) notice!

The only difference between southern swamp monkeys and northern swamp monkeys is some wear flat caps.

And as for uncouth.... well, during the summer months I bug off to race tracks all over Europe with my car & bike.... and a bunch of stinky petrol heads... so I'm used to smelly badly behaved boys.... actually I quite like their company sometimes Wink Very Happy

Sorry for taking the thread off topic again.... just can't help myself... (I think I need to make a permanent public apology in my sig..)
latest report
Simon (Mr T), I'd never have expected to be called northern before, what with being in Essex and all that. (I know it's north from you!! What isn't, appart from the Isle of White?)
Honda Kitty, I might have missed this but where aboots in Canada?
ski holidays
Richie, Week 1 in Banff and Week 2 at Lake Louise..... 5 1/2 weeks..... and counting.... Smile
snow report
Yep Richie,I will be a Northerener (But must check map of uk for line of route) compared to Dave who's coming from th Isle Of (Al)White!
snow conditions
Honda Kitty, I was in L Louise last March for a week. It's bloody marvelous. Tree lined runs everywhere and not too many people on them either, compared to European resorts. As for the Pipe and Park, well, it needs to be seen to be believed. Where are you staying? It's not exactly a lively town!
latest report
Richie wrote:
. Where are you staying? It's not exactly a lively town!

Fairmont Hotel, (chateau) not too worried about lively, as long as I can get a glass of wine and something to eat, then curl up & sleep somewhere comfy I'm happy Wink
ski holidays
We stayed at The Chateau. It's a lovely hotel and the setting you walk out to each morning is breathtaking. Wine IS available there but you might want to take the plastic with you to enjoy it fully! There is a decent bar in the basement of the hotel. Basic food (nachos, wings, burgers etc) but good food. There are about 6 restaurants as well if you fancy pushing the boat out a bit Very Happy
It's not really what I'm used to when boarding and it was very weired seeing boarders hanging around in such plush surroundings......you'll certainly be comfortable. Have a great time. Very Happy
snow report
Richie, Thanks matey I certainly intend to.....

Then when I return I may just have to search for some late snow and a last minute bargain again Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Now that's just not fair
latest report
Listen up. None of you Southern Jessies can lay claim to Northerness with, perhaps, the exception of Kev. But he supports Ipswich and rides a bike to work so draw your own conclusions.

Schladming in 10 days! Be there or........be somewhere else (obviously!?!?!) rolling eyes I must go, too busy washing clothes after coming back from Morzine/Avoriaz on Tuesday. Ooops, did I say that out loud! Cool.

Mr T, get an early start from Weymouth Sat morning as you bumpkins will no doubt get mistaken for new age travellers and given the marigold treatment on the M3 by the Rozzers!!!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
Richie, Naaaaaaaaahhhhhh, niminiminimini.... and I will make sure I come tell you about it and post pictures and everyfing....

Mr T is from Weymouth.... cripes how do you overcome the urge to stop mid piste & build creative competitive snowcastles? bet you're the county sandcastle champion aren't you... and carry with you a special collection of decorative little flags & shells.

Philip Prior, lay claim?? pah, flat caps don't suit southerners... they have bigger heads... They hunt, shoot & fish real animals with guns & stuff... not run round blowing up old chimneys :pah: rolling eyes

Wink
latest report
Honda Kitty, My only consolation to your taunting is that I won the holiday and so got to enjoy the Chateau for nowt (ecky thump, I'm turning northern). Sad
Philip Prior, How long will it take the West country lads to get to Gatwick on the Combine 'Arvesterrrr? I don't suppose we'll see them in the bar at the airport if Saalbach is anything to go by wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richie, nerr nerrr.... well I got £500 in vouchers towards it cos of the vile accomodation Thomson put us in at VT the time before.... and and and.... ok we're sort of quits for the moment *crosses fingers behind back till next opportunity*

What date/airline will you be flying from Grotwick?
latest report
Honda Kitty, Flying with Monarch out of the sarf terminal on Saturday 28th. 1 WEEK TO GO Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Richie, Ooooh - how very exciting.... I'm afraid Monarch is not an airline Mr Kitty deals with....
snow report
So much banter,where do i start & finish.
Mr P bragging about his little trip to Morzine then.........Wheres you mobile then Phil!!!!! Very Happy Laughing Laughing wink
As for an early start,well thats a definite,just about to set off in the pony & trap now you know,though it is the Ghia Model with built in dung collector & factory fitted blinkers for the horse.
The Rozzers on the M3,as you so elequently put it ,don't bother us in this mode of transport due to the fact we'll be travelling along the tow paths & green lanes of Northern england (North of Weymouth sometimes referred to as the Home Counties!)

'Miss Kitty Vroom Vroom',Sandcastles are indeed a speciality of mine & generally all of us locals,in fact its taught to us at an early age in Primary Schools,i am currently doing a Degree course with Honours at my Local Beach hut!And those flags & shells should not be scoffed at,its what makes our County Great!

Richie,Fathers 'Proper Job' Harvester is being serviced by some London ASBO lads,i don't know who they are but to have initials after their name must make them important!
And if i recall,correctly i didn't think we faired too badly in Saalbach,especially having to drink slowly to wait for you mincers! wink
ski holidays
Richie,

They will be too busy shopping at the Terminal for new Dungarees!
ski holidays
OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Zippy! wink
Don't worry me' luvver,oi'll bring sum straw to munch on to.
snow report
I love this, we're not even out there and it's kicked off. Very Happy
snow report
Well Phil Blew the Whistle!
Cool
ski holidays
He has to communicate with a whistle these days, no phone, you see.
snow report
Only just got whistles down this way,though we are on 3note which is alot clearer than the 2 note network! wink Still at least i didn't leave my whistle on holiday! Laughing
snow conditions
I had to get rid off one phone, 2 is ridiculous anyway!!!!! rolling eyes

Just tell your boys not to Tarmac Departures and we'll be OK. I'll even bring you some Scrumpy for the trip!!! wink
ski holidays
Update for you all on MK Xscape (back on Topic after Mistress Cat has veered offtopic Wink ) - we went this morning and were on the slope by about 9.20am. It's in a really really bad state and was a total waste of money.

Of the 2 slopes, half of the left one was unusable as slalom's set out on it, half of the right hand one was unuseable as it was closed off for repairs at the top of the slope, and a rail and jump at the bottom of the slope.

The top third of the slopes were just ice (more by about 10.30), and the rest was sticky icky ice crystally stuff.

There was matting poking through the snow, and wood showing bare on the poma lift run.

The hire boots (not got any myself yet - next on the list); first pair were soaked through, next 2 pairs had knackered laces. Board was scratched to buggery, and Chris's bindings kept coming loose.

Total waste of 31 quid - we got about 10 runs trying our best to avoid the ice (pretty much impossible) and then gave up due to 15 minutes+ queues to get on the poma's by 10:45am, and fed up of being bashed and queue barged by people (including all the learners who just jumped the entire queue with their instructor - about 10-12 of them).

Basically - just don't bother!!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy