Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow Report 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
can you lot put your drinks down NOW and put some pictures on before i leave the office
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stewart woodward wrote:
rorie wrote:
Perfect pistes, lovely and sunny, and pretty quiet too.

Yes all the Spanish have left, I presume for warmer climates as it was pretty baltic today wink

yep not to busy, had some excellent powder again today, have found it all week but today the sun was out although very cold,
genepy run off the top of the grande motte funiculaire was shut but ignoring it theres stscks of fresh powder, was also over in Le grande Vallon(marked closed and off piste) above Le Fornet, powder was excellent, upto a foot + deep in places and plenty of fresh tracks Toofy Grin
day off tomorrow so might go over to Val to watch the downhill, just depends what time i get up as its probably going to be a big night tonight Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
salivating now
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeap guys!Give us some pics!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just got back from 3 days at boot camp. Piste conditions were great even after all the rain on Monday. Fresh snow on Thursday and had a great time. Melezes crowd are as frendly as ever and even managed to ski back to the hotel on Weds and Thursday. The run was officially closed , but we somehow managed to miss the closed sign wink

Cheers
Smag
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lifts in boisses and brev are open... Hoorah! I am finally ski in ski out : -)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rorie wrote:
Hoorah! I am finally ski in ski out : -)

Open the patio doors, i am going to ski in for a hot chocolate wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stewart woodward, happy birthday Stew!

What are you doing later?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just watched the slalom 1st leg from Val D'Isere. Looks a fantastic day in the Espace Killy. Roll on next Sunday Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Looks a fantastic day in the Espace Killy

Yes it was lovely. Abra-Ski-Ania and I were ski touring and it was a perfect day for it. Here's some proof!

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RORIE, Nice Laughing It wasn't until i enlarged your photo that realised that you're going up not down Embarassed . Was it a bit warmer today?.

Could maybe do with a bit more fresh stuff but the forecast looks dry and sunny for the next 2-3 days. Still looks pretty good this early in the season.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
GeorgeVII, Quite warm today, but windy at the top. Some fresh would be nice, but we'll have to make do!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rorie, Tignes .net now forecasting snow for Friday. snowHead snowHead Temperatures look positively Baltic though Shocked .
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I can confirm it is not particularly warm in the Espace Killy currently. It was -19 degrees at the bottom of the Grand Motte cable car today. Tignes is holding up well, but Val d'Isere's slopes need some more snow as the north facing slopes that were rained upon barely get the sun and are therefore quite icy.

Lots of runs closed down into La Daille due to the women's downhill at the weekend and both Santons and Epaule du Charvet are closed meaning its the Face down to Val d'Isere or Raye to La Daille.

In Tignes they have yet to open sache or sillene. I think this is due to preserving it for christmas weeks as we skiied down to Les Brieveres on closed pistes that had adequate snow cover.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have just booked for a week starting 15th Jan to 22nd but have a slight problem. One of my party would like to return home on Friday 21st and has just booked a flight out of Geneva 4.15pm to get her back to Luton. Can anyone give me some info on how she can cheaply get to Geneva from Tignes? I have looked at train from BsM but its not great. Is there a bus service at all?

Thanks in advance.

Greg
latest report
northantsred, You could try Altibus. www.alpski-bus.com

62 euros one way (if i'm reading the site correctly) and buses to Geneva Airport at 6,10,12 and 1500hrs.

Hope this helps, George. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
northantsred, try opening a thread ? you never know your luck snowHead
latest report
northantsred, I'm with GeorgeVII on this one. You'll need to get on the 10 o'clock one.

If you click on http://www.alpski-bus.com/reservationAltibus08.aspx?rgd=ALP37&rga=ALP31 it should give you the Tignes - Geneva booking page.

You can also book it in the Maison de Tignes, and do so on arrival because is fills up!
ski holidays
Hi there. It's my first post on the forum - as my id suggests I'm a long-time skibum now back in London - and inevitably dreaming of snow.

I was out in Tignes last week filming with instructor Darren Turner and have uploaded a clip to Youtube - we had perfect piste conditions and blue skies (even after the rain of earlier in the week) - what a way to start the season!

Note that there is a plug for our apps in the video (you have been warned wink ), all the same, it's Tignes, it's last week and hopefully it'll get those of you going out there for Christmas amped!

http://youtube.com/v/TApqD7JoYRo

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 15-12-10 20:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
GeorgeVII, rorie, Thanks guys. It's for one of my daughters not for me but that is a real help.

bfg, I guess it is slightly off topic but I reckon people who know Tignes are looking and already posting on this thread?

Very Happy
ski holidays
GeorgeVII wrote:
rorie, Tignes .net now forecasting snow for Friday. snowHead snowHead Temperatures look positively Baltic though Shocked .

sweet, my first day of the hols boarding there !! Very Happy
ski holidays
rayscoops, Snow also forecast for Saturday afernoon and evening wink . Just make sure the road's ok on Sunday will you. We should be there at about 3-30pm. Assuming the UK hasn't ground to a halt over the weekend Shocked
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/sI7lRhmRl24

http://youtube.com/v/gASRlXrfsGE

http://youtube.com/v/SP_Aisntxl4

3 little videos from last week that I have uploaded. these were taken on Plan Millet over on the Val D'isere side I think.
As you can see, there is plenty of snow. If anything there was more snow in Tigne than Val D'Isere.

Cheers
Smag
snow report
smagsmith, I recognise the stars of those vids... good to meet you all, and cheers for keeping me company at MAN and GVA! Toofy Grin

PS quality commentary on vid #2 Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
jonm, nice to meet up with you to mate. Same time next year? Little Angel
latest report
GeorgeVII, no probs, will do Very Happy
ski holidays
formerskibum, nice video and the app looks good too.

rorie, looking forward to meeting up on 28th for my wife's lesson.

Pete
snow conditions
Quote:

Same time next year?

Definitely Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Loads of snow this morning Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy and more forecast all day Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

lots of blasting going on to make the pistes safe
snow conditions
Thats good!Should we expect all pistes/lifts to be open next week?
ski holidays
puking down !
snow report
Loads of snow today! Not much open first thing, but lifts now returned to regular service.
snow conditions
poromenos, I'd imagine so. It's only Paquis, Marais and Col de Ves that haven't opened yet, not for lack of snow, but an economising lift company.
latest report
Paquis now open, apparently a mechanical fault caused the delay. Ves not open yet, Marais is.
snow report
Just got back from big group trip, big report to follow, but brilliant snow again this year, especially Friday with buckets of powder everywhere (though only a few lifts open due to weather it was plenty enough to get around) and loads of photos and video to come.

Anyone who hasn't made plans for this week or next, Tignes is the place to be IMO. Even the usually icy patches on north facing slopes had a load of snow on them.

It was about minus 15-20 all week, and with the wind chill at times seriously cold. Dress for the occasion (masks, double underpants and something warming at lunchtime) and it was fine.
snow report
rorie wrote:
Paquis now open, apparently a mechanical fault caused the delay. Ves not open yet, Marais is.

I thought that they only opened Ves later in the season, do they open it earlier now?
latest report
Quote:

I thought that they only opened Ves later in the season

stevew, yes it'll be late january or february at the earliest before it opens
snow conditions
Heading out on Boxing Day, Im getting the feeling I might need to get a mask, any ideas if it's forecast to get warmer at any point soon?
snow report
Standee wrote:
any ideas if it's forecast to get warmer at any point soon?

Warm today & clear skies this afternoon. Probably the warmest day since August wink
The pistes are in great shape with some good off piste available now the avalanche risk has decreased. After weeks and weeks of -20 temperatures and lots of snow am i now waiting for the first person to say 'you need more snow or next week will be bad' rolling eyes

The first ESF ski show of the season tonight so i need to get my short radius turns in shape pretty quick wink
ski holidays
rorie wrote:
Quote:
I thought that they only opened Ves later in the season

stevew, yes it'll be late january or february at the earliest before it opens

Travelling up the Grattalu chair early last week I looked back to see the Ves chair operating and got a bit excited. Sadly they must just have been testing it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy