Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow Report 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

stewart woodward, do you touch-type? Do you sing? Do you play a musical instrument?

Um, no he doesn't, but he knows exactly what muscle memory is!

Heavy snow last night, and the sun's out this morning. I'm off skiing snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's snowing on the webcam Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rorie wrote:

Heavy snow last night, and the sun's out this morning. I'm off skiing snowHead

I arrive tomorrow Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow, sitting at my desk in Swindon I feel no jealousy what so ever. rolling eyes
Nah, I'm lying. Why won't my boss give me more holiday days?!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Split1950, If it helps it was also windy enough today that not much was open.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes it does a little. At least I've stopped crying now.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowy webcams again I see Very Happy . It's certainly cold outside here in the UK today, no snow here though.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Post some pics guys please snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just arrived Tignes Les Boisses @ Mountainsun. Snowing outside and conditions look great. Very heavy snow in Geneva on arrival from flight. Can't wait to get out tomorrow morning.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
thefatcontroller, crikey, snow in Geneva even?! Is it very cold in Tignes? Bet it is. I'm about to try on my ski gear, to see how many layers I can physically get under my jacket and pants!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hurtle, No idea how cold it is outside. Looking out window with fear. Give me a few hours and if my fingers have no dropped of will update. Looks cold though. Still if it was +w0 and sun was shining I wouldn't be to happy!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Stopped in Val Claret for coFfee cold but snow is great just needs a little sun to soften it but soooo nice. Of up glacier after coffee. Enjoy Sunday at home everyone
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller, have a great time.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Went up to glacier but at the top of the funnicular it was to cloudy and came down. Sun is due to shine tomorrow so will try again. Much more crud and flat light on Val Claret side. Love soft snow on Le Lac side. Now stopped in the Loop for lunch. Sweet chilli steak sandwich screaming at me from menu. Pint of lager already in hand.

You know it is cold when snow cannons on mid day. Pistes in great condition. Off piste needs a dump.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thefatcontroller,

Today is the warmest day we have had for over a week. The sun is peeping through in places Very Happy
snow report
10 more sleeps for me Very Happy

It's a glorious Autumn day here, no snow to be seen whatsoever, sunny but cold, -3 when I went to the supermarket at lunchtime.

Can't wait to get the skis on for the first time this season.

Have a good week those who are out this week Very Happy
snow report
thefatcontroller, It was sunny on the glacier most of the afternoon, nice and warm too at -11 by the end.
latest report
rjs wrote:
thefatcontroller, It was sunny on the glacier most of the afternoon, nice and warm too at -11 by the end.

Cool Cool

Was elsewhere by then, actually back in the chalet. First day of a long season ahead there was no need to kill ourselves.
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, Yeah, yeah, yeah... but how many times did you fall over? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots, none, avoided the flat bits dahling as for the dangerous beginners chairlft........
ski holidays
An extra layer today kept me toasty. Light was poor this morning but conditions were great once the sun poked through. Some great skiing on the Val d'Isere side this afternoon, even managed to get off piste a little. A few icey spots to watch out for though.

Snowing lightly now, and sun forecast for tomorrow, so fingers crossed for a good last day.
snow report
Just got up down in Les Boisses. Looks like there have been a couple of inches of the fresh stuff from the vans outside. Sun due to shine but very cold. Can't wait to get out there.
snow report
11am top of Val D'isre(?) having coffee. Bloody cold. Managing not to follow the sun. Lots and lots of fresh snow on the piste. Glorious. How is work everyone?
latest report
thefatcontroller, On so many levels.... NehNeh NehNeh
snow report
can we swear on snowheads Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Just stopped for lunch in Val Claret. Nearly died of cold over in Val. Sun out but wind up, wind chill brutal, bit snow great. Trying to persuade crew that glacier makes sense after lunch, -30 is good for you.

Rabbit stew on order. Yum starving.
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, how much is open please? Just looked on Tignes.net and it's flashing up saying 6/108 slopes and 6/53 lifts Shocked , thought they'd be more than that now. Not sure if to come to Tignes or LDA on Wednesday. Thanks in advance.
snow report
Grimsby Ranger, loads open. Not sure on exact number but every link lift and funnicular working. Just worked out we have been on 15+ lift, bubbles etc so far today. Dead quiet here. Its heaven, a very cold heaven.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks thefatcontroller, appreciate that.
latest report
grrr
ski holidays
Snowy this morning, then clear blue skies from mid morning. -10c in resort, a bit parky up top. Snow is in great condition, still powder to be had. Empty slopes. Perfect. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
thefatcontroller, can you tell us if you can ski from Les Boisses and back there? Last year (early December) we could only ski back. Previous year, in the morning, we could walk down the road, climb over the little wall (fence?) and ski down to a lift but last year it wasn't running. And it was the exactly the same time of year and the snow was just as plentiful Confused . Hoping this year, (we go on 8 Dec), it will be open.
ski holidays
Quote:

Last year (early December) we could only ski back

although on an unopened, partially prepared piste
snow report
Anyone, what's the off piste like at the moment? Reasonable cover already in most places or a bit patchy?

maggi, I go on 8th as well, gives it a chance to snow a bit more eh Very Happy
snow conditions
Amazing day! Best of the season so far. I think I have frostbite.
snow report
amazing snow today, the sun came out this afternoon and it was still ruddy cold!
ski holidays
Colin B wrote:
although on an unopened, partially prepared piste

Shocked shhhhhh ..... don't tell them that! I have a reputation as a 100% law abiding/never do anything dodgy/wussy skier to keep up rolling eyes .
snow conditions

Photo taken today from the top of palafour towards the motte.
snow report
Looking out window. Doesn't look like there has been any fresh snow, seemingly due to snow tomorrow. Looks very cold out there but clear skies. Last day today. Everything aches.
snow report
Top of funni to glacier. Blowing a gale. Stopped for coffee. Cable to glacier looks shut. Snow due later. Pistes in great condition. Out of the wind it is not as cold as yesterday which makes it freezing not arctic.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy