Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2010 / 2011 Snow Reports

Poster: A snowHead
livetoski, it is still called "Au tour de Vins" on the cams - Georges is changing its name this winter. PS there was an France Telcom issue this morning on the cams apparently, which they are supposed to be sorting today - so if they piccys got stuck, they will be back in real time, real soon!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JimW, you did not tell them how to find the bar. Livetoski, you need to click on the bottom camera in the picture to get a close up of the bar. Hard to see the sign if you do not know where to look when closed, but when open he has a board outside. Then we know it is time to go round for a drink Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowcrazy, Laughing I spotted it on the web cam no problem, so if the signs out first thing in the morning its hot wine and bread for breakfast wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
livetoski, Yeah, we wish, you would have to drag George out of bed first Twisted Evil

Toofy Grin Good news, Owner season lift passes are on line again now for Les Arcs, you can go to the Les Arcs page and buy your pass anytime. Even if you had a photo card before, you still need a new one for this season to download so have it ready. Oh well, at least you can get your pass now.

It does seem strange but for the public, you can only buy the discounted season pass on the Edenski web page through La Plagne, but it is good for both areas etc. This will now run until the end of November they say. A very good deal if you are doing 3 weeks or more in resort. If anyone has any more news about this pass please share it with us.

Ski a la carte passes are also available, gives good discount if you like to visit other places in the area.

Looks wet and snowy today, hope to see better tomorrow. Raining outside right now.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Like the sound of 'snowy' but not the raining bit - due to arrive on 12th Dec and will be keeping a nervous eye on this post.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just been speaking to a lady in Spirit 1950 to book our ski lessons and its raining Sad Sad Sad Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just read your post so had to look at the webcams, it looks yuk Evil or Very Mad up there today and yes very wet even up at the top of arpette lift. Sad Please let it get cold again soon. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A word of warning to those getting the 'ski a la carte card insurance'. Yes the card is great and should work even better this year, but the Carrie Neige season Insurance that goes with it has changed. They have fixed the loop hole from last season so now they say the Insurance is ONLY valid when you are using the Carrie Neige card as well so I am going back to the Carte Neige that works everywhere, not just the Ski a la carte places. Thought you all needed to know this one.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowcrazy wrote:
Just read your post so had to look at the webcams, it looks yuk Evil or Very Mad up there today and yes very wet even up at the top of arpette lift. Sad Please let it get cold again soon. Toofy Grin

elsewhere on the forum (all new weather forecast thread) they seem to be predicting getting colder monday tuesday next week with a dump over night monday tuesday.
Could be substantial.

Tux
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
'substantial' I like the sound of that Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowcrazy, Ordered Paradiski passes online on Tuesday once the website was up and running. Application straight forward and efficient. Arrived this morning! Thanks for the tip...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anyone here actually live in resort? Just thought I'd give you a heads up that you'll prob have a few hundred+ TO staff training there for a week.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Timmaah, which village?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
2000, I 've heard
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
For some strange reason, maybe they hope altitude will calm them but they always use 2000?
snow conditions
thefatcontroller,
Quote:

maybe they hope altitude will calm them

I thought it was the the opposite, that altitude makes you more aggitated etc Puzzled
ski holidays
Ya, fairly sure its 2000. Although I would expect well behaved guests as we can easily get fired during training week.
latest report
dont look at any web cams
snow conditions
Timmaah, So, who are you going to be working with & where?
ski holidays
Working in St. Anton with Esprit. Looking forward to being in Les Arcs though as I've never been to a french ski resort before. Apparently we'll get a day to ski Tignes as well which should be good!
snow conditions
Timmaah, Sounds good - have fun Very Happy
ski holidays
Chalet staff are the ones training in 2000, about 40 or so from the 18th for a week, then all the Swiss/French staff the week after. Childcare and reps are training in Arc 1600.

Are there many bars in 2000 that will be open from the 18th? I'm there for the training week so just wondering what variety of night life is on offer? Timmaah/mike, see you in Anton!
ski holidays
Sitter, cover blown! Guessing you're a chalet host? Assuming you're doing the cookery course?
snow report
Timmaah, Sitter, Espirt do this every year, nothing new. Last year those I spoke to said they hardly had a chance to ski all week so do not get your hopes up. It is a training course for the staff and they work you hard everyday. Some are even to tired to go party at night. If you do have the energy, might see you in Yeti bar or even George's Wine bar in Arc 1950. Most places open on the 11th Dec as that is when some lifts open. Full lifts open on the 18th Dec. If you are there before the 11 Dec then not much will be open.

Hope you have a good season. BE nice to your guests Twisted Evil Remember you are there to work not party and ??? wink all season long. many of us on here have been there, done it and got the badge. Toofy Grin Some are still doing seasons after 20 years.
snow conditions
Yeah, I've done seasons before so not new to it, just Esprit/Total/Inghams, although from talking to people who've worked for them before it's much more intense than the ones for other companies that I've done. The only people that will get to ski will be the reps as they do hosting as part of the job. I'm not intending on partying hard during the cookery course/training, plenty of time for that during the season, just the chance to get out of the training chalets on the odd evening to chill really.
snow report
rob@rar,
Quote:

livetoski, Scott and I use them when teaching at Hemel.

I found them wink wink they are on the way to the UK Very Happy Very Happy can not imagine which web site they are on Embarassed
latest report
Been doing the webcam thing again. Crying or Very sad Not very good news. Evil or Very Mad Seems like the snowline today is up about 2200m at least. And even up to 2500m looks very thin. I hope this rain turns to snow soon. Twisted Evil So much for an early base. The rain last weekend has done its job. Very sad. Mad
snow report
snowcrazy, Looks like its about to change! We're out on Thurs for a weekends painting, & its bound to snow then wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowcrazy, i'm avoiding the web cams at the moment after checking them this weekend! forecast says its going to snow heavily tonight - fingers crossed. i'm out there on the 12th dec, so hope it changes soon!!
snow report
Webcams look good this morning Smile
latest report
ratbags - they're blocked at work I have to wait until I get home! What going on????!!!!
snow conditions
JimW, They are white, very white with snow to very low and forecast is cold and white for the week Cool Better?
snow report
thefatcontroller, ahhhhhh... peace...

But now I wanna see it!!
ski holidays
JimW wrote:
thefatcontroller, ahhhhhh... peace...

But now I wanna see it!!

Jim
Picture of todays snow outside my place at 1350m !
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=66762&start=40#1637179
snow conditions
Timmaah, make sure and enjoy yourself. if you don't, then there's no point in being there Very Happy

one regret in life i have is not doing a season.
latest report
Boredsurfing, thx - good to get a lunchtime fix.

Timmaah, have fun for your week. If you arrive a couple of days early, you can share 1950 with the (ahem) celebrities at the les Arcs film festival:

http://www.lesarcs-filmfest.com/index_eng.html

and
http://www.voyagerluxe.com/Festival-du-Film-Europeen-des-Arcs6858.html

snowcrazy, are you "showing around the mountain" again for them?
latest report
Boredsurfing, Now that is more like it. And more to come Toofy Grin

JimW, yes, but not all the time just when they really need me. I want the beautiful film stars not the fat film producers this time or I will quit Twisted Evil
latest report
Nice to see the web cams full of snow again

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les-arcs-peisey/interface.php?pk_interface=259&m=images&r=panoramique#depart

If you look in the detail view of above cam you can make out that a 4x4 has been up this morning, good going, if I had a green eyed smiley it would be posted here
latest report
Completely geeky webcam spotting. Today the transarc has no bubbles, yesterday there were bubbles!.

Looking back over the last few days it seems that there are ONLY cars on the lift yesterday.
I guess with the sun yesterday, they tested them.

Also notices the top reservoir has been filled up over last few days and is now icing over.

No tracks yet.
snow report
Fresh snow in Les Arcs again, doesn't it look nice. All the webcams seem to be working again, so time to dream of all that powder just weeks away I hope. Sun and low temps tomorrow followed by more snow as next week progresses. I might even get the skins out this weekend. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy