Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
Still some untracked snow about if you're prepared to work for it, some very light snow beginning to fall now.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How's the snow depth thus far this season? Looking to be there in less than a month.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking back at the trees at the start of the track out from Valon D'arbi

Marshmallow rocks at La Chaux

Swirly

skiking4, Its just about average acording to slf.
Everything is open just need to get continuous top ups to keep everything fresh and some dumps to make it awesome.

There was a few inches last night which freshened the pistes and topped up the off piste.
Today was a lovely bright day but there was a moderate wind blowing which was moving quite a bit of snow.
I skied Gentians itinery this morning On the way in it looked great with a few inches of fresh snow but these really was no more than a coating hiding a few surprises for the first run of the day the snow was quite wind affected with bare patches of wind eroded and pockets of loaded.

Caught up with Swirly and Gorilla for a run down Vallon D'arbi. We decided against backside of Mont Fort as there was a lot of wind transport ocurring at the top. But we got a nice run down the front the bumps were lovely with the fresh covering of snow.
We managed to get some nice snow off the sides of the pistes and put a few more tracks in Barry's.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 21-01-10 22:04; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A lovely evening as the sun goes down with Val de Bagnes under the cloud looking toward Savoleyres on the right.
Cold in the clouds though.

Swirly
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RPF, What's that line Swirly is in by the rocks?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
RPF, some great photos there, that last run was fantastic.

Gsyfreerider, Barry's Bowl.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fantastic photos. I love the one of Swirly apparently defying the laws of gravity.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Today was super, two lines off front face of Mt Gele to open, bit of mucking about on a photo shoot and then a stunning super mouche. Spent the rest of the afternoon standing below an European Snowsports teacher who had got himself stuck on a cliff below the high traverse above lac de Vaux and couldn't get down. In the end we had to call ski patrol and get a rope dropped down to him. It cost us a rock and roll, but the guy's OK if a little cold!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swirly, don't know it, where is it exactly?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
[quote="Steve Sparks"]Today was super, two lines off front face of Mt Gele to open, bit of mucking about on a photo shoot and then a stunning super mouche. Spent the rest of the afternoon standing below an European Snowsports teacher who had got himself stuck on a cliff below the high traverse above lac de Vaux and couldn't get down. In the end we had to call ski patrol and get a rope dropped down to him. It cost us a rock and roll, but the guy's OK if a little cold![/quote]

Haha I work for European Snowsport. Havent heard about this yet but Im sure I will soon!! Dont suppose you know the guys name??
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skidog, Brit lad called Sam, worse bit was we were skiing with Felix and he saw them going down there and said in a really friendly fashion "Do you guys know where you're going?" which was met with a dismissive "Yeah, yeah, yeah". 5 minutes later we were below him and he didn't seem quite so cocky then!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RPF, great photos!

Gsyfreerider, it's off to the skiers left of the piste heading down to La Chaux from the top of Jumbo. Starts with a tight couloir which opens up into the big bowl that you can see from the bottom of Jumbo.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RPF, Nice pics!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Steve, the story has spread around every instructor already! The best version I heard was that he was dangling from a cliff holding on with one hand.

On topic it was another gorgeous day, Tortin etc in nice condition after the top up of snow on wednesday. Still quiet on the slopes, although slightly busier today (weekend).

I know its a bit late but heres a link to a great video of new years eve for all that were there/wished they were.

http://youtube.com/v/C_tqy_wAzJ4
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

we were skiing with Felix and he saw them going down there and said in a really friendly fashion "Do you guys know where you're going?" which was met with a dismissive "Yeah, yeah, yeah". 5 minutes later we were below him and he didn't seem quite so cocky then!

rolling eyes good job you were there. Sounds like that particular snowsports teacher needs to go back to school. Lovely pictures; nice to see how the Other Half Ski.
latest report
Up the Rosablanche today. The views, snow quality and atmosphere make one reflect how over-used a word stunning is. There is, as yet, no sign of heliskiing from the summit.

Couple of photos: the Matterhorn taken from the shoulder of the Rosablanche. I think that is the Dent d'Herens on the right but am not certain.

Swirly reaching the top.

snow report
Quote:

I think that is the Dent d'Herens on the right

- it certainly is
ski holidays
skidog, Tell him that if he wants to meet me in Le Pub, I can arrange for the photos to be destroyed in return for Jagermeister. wink
ski holidays
gorilla, about time Swirly got some skis on! I see my spare ski pole getting used in that picture of Scottishskier Toofy Grin
latest report
kristof, they ain't skis! and yeah Scottish Skier broke a pole rolling eyes
ski holidays
Swirly, call it a split board if you want, I know you want to ski something that fat! As long as it's just a broken pole and you don't have to use the other apartment gift!
snow report
Very cloudy today, especially in the morning it tried to snow but didn't amount to anything really and when it gave up there wasn't any wind to push the cloud away so it hung around the peaks. Very picturesque but not great to ski through!

snow conditions
Steve Sparks, Also work for ES, please tell me you have a photo? pleeeeaaaassseeee Very Happy
snow conditions
Still some great snow to be had ... if you know where to go, mind watch out as under the snow lie beasties.. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Snow coming down nicely in Le Chable. If it keeps up for a while....... snowHead snowHead snowHead
(not wanting to tempt faith)
snow conditions
Meteo Suisse have just announced a "yellow alert" on the radio. 10cm of snow forecast at the lake in the next 24 hours with 30cm at altitude. Chamonix are also forecasting between 30 and 50cm at 1200m tonight so looking hopeful that the snowgods will finally delivers the goods for us weekend skiers!

Get on the goggles and powder skis for the weekend!!!
snow conditions
bobinch, it's been snowing lightly all day here, getting heavier now
ski holidays
Looking good - we are coming out to Nendaz tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Swirly, definitely a tree day tomorrow. We may head to Bruson. Haven't been yet this year. Vallon d'arbi will be good. Any good tree stuff in Nendaz? I saw some amazing footage of someone in deep powder in the trees somewhere nr the Mayens de l'ours piste a couple of years back. I rarely get over that far but there's clearly some great terrain.
ski holidays
bobinch, yeah, there's some stuff that looks great. However, it is officially banned ...
snow report
Of all weekends I choose to come home its this one!

Heading back out on wednesday, snow-forecast predicting a dump of about 25cm on tuesday though snowHead snowHead
latest report
It was snowing this morning in Le Chable with about 6 inches on the roof of my car.
Light cleared about midday and there was plenty good skiing. Gentians and Chassoure and around Siviez. Nice run back from Ruinnetes via Atellas.
Vallon Darbi and Mont fort didnt open today
Avalanche risk is back to 3.
http://www.slf.ch/lawineninfo/lawinenbulletin/regionale_lawinenbulletins/rbuvs/rbuvs_c_DE
latest report
skidog, Met a cousin of yours (I think shes a cousin) in the Rosbif.
snow report
She is my cousin too (in fact was a Bridesmaid at my wedding) and a very occasional poster on SnowHeads (though I don't recall her nom-de-plume)
ski holidays
rungsp, Are you out here soon? we will have to catch up for a few pints and a few turns.
ski holidays
13th feb for 10 days...see you then
latest report
How much did you get yesterday? SLF said French border and Northern Alps did better so we ended up in PdS but keen to come across mid week if conditions are good. Guess it's still pretty quiet this week?
ski holidays
bobinch, hard to say up top as the lifts (Gele and Fort) were shut, probably 15-20cm at 2900m, more on the Verbier side than this side.
snow conditions
Pretty good today, 1st run of Mt Gele this morning was probably my run of the season so far: faceshots galore although pretty damn cold. Plenty of snow about to be had although the wind is pretty active.

Pistes seemed fairly busy today but we don't use them that much wink

bobinch, which day are you thinking of?
latest report
Swirly, Friday is probably easiest but depends on the weather. Forecast not looking that great Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy