Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
Still not too busy numbers wise.

Everything bar Mt Gele and Mt Fort is open. Cant see them being open for a while yet though.

Pistes are in good condition. Snow cannons are running continuously as it is seriously cold!!! Hasnt been above -15 for a while.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowing heavily in Nendaz atm has been on and off since about 3pm.

HELP: has anyone got a drill with a 4mm metal bit: I've got a serious binding issue on one of my boards which has left me riding an old board with my touring bindings on it since Friday. If I could borrow a drill I could fix it but none of the ski shops here have been able to help. Beer will be paid as thanks.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pretty sure we have one in chalet (Nendaz) not back untl Sunday but if you PM me I'll try to arrange something with my son
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
More snow has fallen, and Christmas Day is expected to be snowing again.

All pistes fully covered and off piste filling in and very skiable in almost all places.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Happy Christmas from snowy Verbier.

Lovely, really lovely, snow on piste.
Snowing hard up the mountain and blue slies expected tomorrow.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Back in the UK today.
Yesterday the pistes were great but a tad crowded.

It was hammering down with snow all afternoon and showed no signs of stopping, and forecast for more.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It did stop for a while but started again snowHead . Its raining down lower though Sad .
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
quick couple of photos off the Grepon Blanc today:

Scottish Skier

gorilla
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swirly, Nice powder shots. Conditions looking pretty good Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Swirly, oh yes - thatlooks fun Cool
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It is RAINING up to 2200m, if it doesn't stop bloody raining, I am going to pack up and go home. the snow is ruined and there are a handful of congested slopes open above 2200m and the snow can't sustain the amount of traffic on them and the lifts have queues a mile long.

I am fed up.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am confussed....granted that rain = bad, but look at the photos above?

We were in Verbier 18th-28th, there was no rain that fell on me...the pistes were great, the crowds were not there.

slidergirl, are you really there? How have you been so unlucky (obviously today sounds pretty crapppy though)?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Swirly, Have a good new year out there, did you get the board fixed yet?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fairly rough conditions today. Its been a bit warmer the last few days and has been raining on the bottom slopes.

Raining quite hard in town this morning, quite a lot of snow fall at the top though. Forecast is for it to get colder towards the weekend, and if it keeps snowing like it is now then there should be some fun to be had snowHead

Top pistes in good condition. Final run down to Verbier town isn't pleasant Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
quite a change from jan last year when we skied down to the hotel door (which was by no mean ski in- ski out but the main street had probably a better cover than the pistes today snowHead
snow report
A bit of a mild spell at the moment Sad Snowing below Verbier at 3pm today rain lower down. a lot of pistes below 2000m are not great. But as skidog, said if it gets a bit colder and it keeps falling woooooohoooooo. temp was -1 at 2200m today
The offpiste high up is getting better every day Tortin was awesome but closed later in the day presumably due to snow fall and likely wind loading increasing the avalanche risk. Should be fab when it opens. Col de Gentains was closed today lots of blasting there early today so its looking good for the near future. It was nice yesterday too.

Nearly stopped early but a coffee and dry goggles kept us out for a few more hours
Skied near Combastiline lift today.Got good compromise between vis and altitude. best runs were near the trees and under the lift lines. Lots of chopped powder but still pockets of fresh to float on. lots of fun was had but we did get a bit wet and stopped around 1430. piste to the bottom of the lift was a tad sticky.

slidergirl, you out for the season? next week will be quieter and the conditions will be getting better.

Swirly, Nice pics as always snowHead We will have to catch up in the new year likewise with skidog.
snow report
A good analysis RPF Very Happy Bring on the New Year and some colder weather!! Doing a guiding session around the 4 valleys tomorrow so fingers crossed for some good weather and Tortin/Gentains will be superb.

Your staying above John and the Rosbeef I hear? Im just up on the Rue de Montagne myself, opposite the paraponting field.
latest report
skidog, you should at least know where you live!

It is Route de Montagnier!

Honestly, the youth of today....and you a Preofesseur de Ski as well!

I blame the parents!!
snow conditions
rungsp,

Type it how I hear it spoken Very Happy Swiss accent is wearing me down...
latest report
skidog, Thats where I am alright. Very Happy

Yesterday (new years eve) was really great (despite a bit of a hangover) The snow which had been falling really made the off piste awesome. Tortin was great fun as was the off piste around lac de vaux when the light cleared. Hardly skied a groomed run all day.
Some of the lower pistes are still a bit light on cover the higher ones are fresh and have a good layer of hero grade snow.

Went up to Verbier for the new years eve riot. I was on driving duty (because of the previous evenings overdoing it) it was some experience sober Shocked

With a clear head today (new years day) and clear skies just had a day ripping around on piste.
It was quite a change to spend a day on gripping and ripping on 165 slalom skis after a week floating in the powder on 189 Whitedot Preachers.
The light went flat later on and some light snow was falling.
I heard it is due to get cold again soon but a big dump of snow first would be nice. Its a bit colder than earlier in the week so we shouldnt have any freeze thaw and hope fully the snow that is here will stay soft for a little longer. It is quite busy here at the moment so it doesnt take long for lots of the powder to get tracked but its still soft and fun even if its chopped. but I have a feeling next week might be quieter wink
snow conditions
Today was going to be my day off. But house mate JP woke me with the words powder day and the rest as they say is history.
It snowed down to Le Chable (maybe lower).
Needless to say the off piste was really good. We got in some really fabulous runs.
The light got really good for the afternoon and it was possible to really let rip in the powder and the chopped.
I'll try dig out a few pics later

It is getting cold again thanks to CSki's friend Amy for frost bite alert. It didnt seem that cold but in the breeze it did get a bit nippy and I'm not ready to loose the tip of my snout just yet.

Overall it has been a good week off piste (improving as the week went on) and the pistes are improving.
Thanks to people I skied with snowHead's Graham N and CSki, JP and Rob from new Gen. My brother and my mate Hutch from Notts and CSkis friend Amy. I've got a lot out of skiing with all of you this week.
ski holidays
RPF, It was nice today, got really bloody cold though and I missed the best by going out early. Also I was alone so couldn't make the most of the fresh snow. (I did do a cheeky run down under the Siviez chair to the traverse out though wink a couple of inches of surprisingly nice snow and took the direct line under the plan de fou cable car heading home which had a bit more snow on it and also wasn't completely tracked even though it was 2 o'clock).

kristof, no I even went to Sion and bought a drill but the binding is resisting all attacks. Getting really pissed off now, especially as I broke on of the ratchets on mu splitboard bindings. Think I'll take it back to that shop and tell them to get it off even if they have to smash it and just stump up the cash for some new bindings.
snow report
Swirly, I'm on a course this week starting tomoro. But deffo catch up next week or weekend.
CSki might be around for a few turns early in the week.
Are they Burton Bindings by any chance? Apparantly they guarantee their base plates for life as my brother discovered this week.
ski holidays
REALLY nice day today, fresh snow and good vis once you venture over beyond tortin. finally a decent base is starting to develop Smile Made me quite pleased that my lesson cancelled wink

finished off with great conditions in the Creblet gullies Very Happy
ski holidays
oops, double post Sad

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 2-01-10 19:08; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Swirly, probably the best way mate, just rip off the rest of the binding and see if you can do anything else. I'd probably stump up for new bindings in the mean time for your other board rather than use the split board bindings. You don't really want to trash them using them every day.
snow report
Swirly, I'm on my own this week, if you fancy some company? Haven't got avalanche kit (yet) but keen to do some off-ish piste.
ski holidays
Have just got back from hols to a foot of snow in the garden (at 600m) so must be powder heaven up there. And some more forecast for Friday. Sounds like Saturday will be a Kuro day Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bobinch, There were some great days around the weekend. snowHead
The weather is staying cold and the snow is staying soft in most places albeit a bit chopped but great fun.
If we get another dump wooohooo.
ski holidays
RPF, thanks for the update. Only had a few flakes here but hopefully there'll be a bit more up high and overnight. Can't wait to get the skis back on!
snow report
Some pics from yesterday http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1426455#1426455

ski holidays
The rest of the Planet is experiencing a mini ice age and here in Verbier still now sign of the snow forecast for last weekend.
Snow is forecast for Wednesday 10-15cm with freezing level 400-700m. The lower pistes will be glad of it. They are well covered now but you'll want sharp edges and not be afraid to use them. Not complaining though its still early season and I've had lots of good skiing. The off piste is quite tracked now but still got some soft chopped snow without travelling too far yesterday.
Today was a lovely clear day so took my first full day off skiing since Christmas (as you do when the visibility is perfect) and used the oppertunity to practice transciever searches in the beacon park for the afternoon.

Avalanche level remains at 3
ski holidays
RPF, how much snow fell last night and today? SLF shows bug all Sad
snow conditions
bobinch, Afraid so Sad
5cm 10 max last night very little today. Skies are clear again too.

A good dump is badly required. Most off piste is tracked and what fell last night was barely able to cover these tracks.
The pistes could do with it too. Although its been cold enough for cannon snow to provide coverage below 2000m sharp edges (and an ability to use them Embarassed ) are required.
Pistes above 2000m are better.

Avi risk is down to 2. All aspects above 1800-2000.
latest report
Surprisingly we still managed to get some nice skiing and soft snow off-piste today it wasnt very deep but still fun. Mainly off the sides of the pistes and itinary runs. Snow is a little less tracked in other sectors of 4 Vallees than in Verbier itself.
Every where is very quiet at the moment.
snow report
Found some lovely stuff in Savolyeres yesterday, not fluffy, but eminently skiable. It started snowing about 2200 last night, big chewy flakes. It's easing off a bit now, we may have got 10cm in the village. Should be a lovely day up top!
latest report
Steve Sparks, thanks for the update. Should be nice this afternoon when the sun comes out!
snow conditions
Today was amazing, about 20cm, depth varied according to aspect and the wind appeared to be a bit random in how it had deposited the snow. Mt Gele front face was lovely first thing, followed by a most incredible rock garden, hanging skiers' left. A quick SW face of Mt Fort, where coverage was a bit sketchy and a march up to the Col de la chaux opened up some lovely snow and was followed by some fabulous lines down the far left of Barry's bowl. And that was all before lunch - which admittedly was a bit late!

More of the same tomorrow followed by a bit of snow on Wednesday.
ski holidays
Quote:

the wind appeared to be a bit random in how it had deposited the snow

It sure did there were some bare patches (relatively speaking they were still grippy and fun). Then there were the deeper patches Madeye-Smiley .
I didnt stray too far off the itinery runs today I found Mont Gele was particularly good and got lots of decent pockets of lightly tracked powder on the way down even where it was more tracked it was still soft and a real blast.
The pistes were noticibly more grippy today (even on fat skis) thanks to a bit of natural snow although I didnt spend very much time on them given what else was on offer.

Apologies, I'm still crap at taking pictures. I've been taking tips from Swirly and hopefully will improve before the season is over Embarassed
ski holidays
Steve Sparks, wrote
Quote:

More of the same tomorrow

and he was right. Another lovely bright day.
I only got out this afternoon as I managed to put a crease in my boot liner which created a very hotspot Shock
A quick visit to Mountain Air got that sorted.
I had an hour in the transciever park ( I got worse with practice Embarassed ) before catching up with Swirly and Gorilla for an awsome afternoon putting a few tracks in Barry's and Highway.
The lads had the cameras so hopefully they have some good pics.

The sky is clear tonight but some snow is forecast how much depends on which forecast you get If I could only add them all together, altough at the moment I'd settle for making any of them accurate wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy