Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg snow report 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
Dumped all Friday night & Saturday drop in temp form +1C to -17C plus windchill.

Nice deep Pow on BackSeite.

Today its perfect winter condtions . Powder to be had everywhere , Sunny & cold Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Still cold -12C, forecast for snow again this afternoon.

Later this week, Thursday/Friday possible VERY MAJOR dump

Russian School Xmas Holidays this week.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been watching that possibility develop too! Very Happy Still looks on as of midnight, though it seems to blinking in and out. Also possible very low temps nudging -30C at weekend.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I like the sound of that snowHead out on 9th Jan and the forecast is now looking VERY good Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
2planks, out on the 10th - cant wait Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The Griffins are also heading out on the 10th - conditions look like they will be almost perfect. Fingers crossed for the heavy snow for this week and blue skies next week!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Me too will be going out on sunday to St Anton and looks like i will be packing the thermals Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Condtions are perfect NOW. Today is nice and sunny and around -8C.

Despite the new Rendl lift , it is still relatively quiet over there compared to Galzig.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Forecast seems to have taken a nose dive - so much for the 30+cms. Still, i'm sure conditions will be dandy. Saying that, if the snow continues the way it is outside now we may not get to Lech at all!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is there a lift link to lech or is it still by bus from St Anton ??
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The big snow has stayed south. Nothing big will happen here in the next few days. Temperatures will remain cool so there are no worrys about the snow here now , which is perfect.

Off Piste is tracked out days ago & the base is not sufficient (IMO) at this time of the year (never is) to waste money on guides,etc.

nibbley-uk wrote:
Is there a lift link to lech or is it still by bus from St Anton ??

No link. Free bus fro Rauz (better) or Postbus (pay) from St Anton.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Currently snow depth (as per their website) at altitude is something like 145cm, village 35cm . How much is sufficient for off piste, 200cm/100cm?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Today ski conditions were perfect again. Very few people on the hill.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just checking the weather before setting off for the sirport, looks like its snowing at Innsbruck airport, Zurich and Munich, does that mean St.Anton is getting fresh ? The snow forecast sites are now only reporting minimal snow over the next few days Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No link. Free bus fro Rauz (better) or Postbus (pay) from St Anton.

Cheers stanton it jst made me wonder with talks of new lifts and on some descriptions online of the area saying lift linked, so thanks for clearing that up.
If i remember rightly it wasnt too much hassle to get the bus to Lech.
Cant wait to try out my skis i got from Kiwi this year.
snow conditions
Its lightly snowing on the hill although it wil not come to much. Temp around -10C.

Your right its not a hassle getting the blue bus from Rauz. The key is to go as early as possible i.e ski to Rauz and get bus between 09:00 - 09:30 and return from Lech early 13:00 - 14:00hrs..

Alot of folk take a taxi but at 40 euros each way I think its a waste of money & ski time plus you have already paid for the bus in your lift pass, why pay twice Puzzled
snow conditions
Have managed to blag myself onto the company ski weekend to St.Anton next week (15th). Unfortunately only getting into St Anton fri eve and leaving sun afternoon, so will only get to ski Saturday and Sun morn (hangover permitting Toofy Grin ).

What would the recommendations be for must do ski runs or itinery for one day etc that i can try on the Sat, i'm pretty much a blue/easy red type of skier

Tks in advance
ski holidays
LIAMJ, up Galzig gondola and a few runs on the short blue (served by the chair lift), then take the run down to St Christoph and have a nice early lunch there, and then spend the afternoon on Rendl. Sunday morning try the Gampen lift Very Happy
snow conditions
Anybody had any concrete input on the offpiste situation for this weekend in Arlberg/Lech?
snow conditions
rayscoops, tks for that, think we've lunch booked somewhere around St Christoph (the Hospiz Alm?)
ski holidays
LIAMJ, it is a lovely long blue piste down to there and also a mid day sun trap (well it was when I have been there but the sun might be a bit low this time of year ?) with some lovely out door terrace gaffs. No idea about names though
snow report
Any updates for those of us heading out this weekend???
ski holidays
Peter Griffin, Just back from Kappl which is just over the hill from St Anton. Great week of sunshine and mega cold temps which kept the snow in good nick. Drove by St Anton and looked like plenty of snow. Enjopy
snow report
Only a few hours till heading off to Gatwick and just hope The M25 does not come to a stand still in the morning and all the flights get off without any delays then it should be a great week in St Anton. I hope all you others traveling out this weekend get away on time and enjoy you hols.
Darren
latest report
Frustratingly, the snow forecast on the StA website does not show any significant snow in the next days. They say the low pressure front is only brushing parts of the region.
Sad
ski holidays
The rest of January will see little new snow,just a few showers. It never dumps hard in January its normally to cold.

February then March we will see the next wave of big snow & the Deep Powder Skiing can begin Very Happy

There is enough snow in St Anton for now for the majority of Tourists who visit. All Pistes/Ski Routes are in excellent condition, snow making overnight makes the pistes even softer.
snow report
Temperatures remain cool. No new significant snow expected this week. Usual January weather.
ski holidays
Where to park in St Anton? I usually use the Ost car park by Nasserien, but this weekend we are meeting someone and he says to park at the Rendl lift. He reckons the park is bigger than the east end. I don't see any easy parking at the new lift

Is there a big car park around the site of the old Rendl lift, it looks like it from the town map but I don't remember seeing it last year
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow Alert .

A few clouds will blow through the Arlberg on Sunday & we should get some dandruff , nothing to much to get excited about.
latest report
I was in St Anton today, what a perfect day. Brilliant sunshine, not too cold. The runs were all great, no fresh snow, but not too hard packed or icy. Great day out.
snow report
Any update for Lech? I'll be there in 10 days' time snowHead
snow conditions
Same as St Anton. Low temps. Pistes perfect.
ski holidays
Excellent snowHead Looks like there may be some snow forecast at the weekend too
snow conditions
Snowing Today few cms. Dandruff nothing major. Next week we get some real snow Very Happy
latest report
That's welcome news, but then Jan is often fairly dry. Be there in 2 weeks, for month.
snow report
I'm coming for a week on the 6th of Feb. Keep appeasing the snow Gods please!
snow report
its puking had a good 20 cms in lech/zurs
ski holidays
robboadd, woohooo! That's what we like to hear snowHead
snow conditions
Blau Himmel today. Pistes in great condition. Still great off piste to be found, but you might have to hike for it. Town full, Rendl almost deserted! Very Happy Maienwasen lovely up top, bit baked in the middle, traverse out is sportingn in parts!
latest report
Bachseite nice, snow soft on top chalky down the bottom, some good powder still to be found in Rendl, though you'll need to hunt it out. Possibly quite a bit of snow heading in towards the end of the week... But... Could all change. On the après side Bar Cuba is, and has been for a while, no smoking, which is good, but... It reeks! Badly... Really. Otherwise slopes pretty busy, though Rendl quiet.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy