Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg snow report 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
W00T Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looking good

http://www.snoweye.com/?resort=at_stanton
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Webcams on 1st page of this thread.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=52277
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mentions here that the Gondola will have heated seats.

Also says the lift company has made a massive investment increasing the snowmaking on Rendl by 200%

http://www.seilbahn.net/snn/bericht.php?wert=2437&wert1=1&zurueck=0
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shaping up nicely, lets hope the cold weather continues

81cm reporting from Galzig Weather Station

http://www.lawine.at/tirol/messstation_detail_07.html?name=Galzig%20/%20St.%20Anton%20am%20Arlberg&pic=galzig.png&_v=98063
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
That's a fascinating collection of data. Looking good for early November, hope there's another blast of winter hidden behind the coming warm patch!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zurs Muggengratbahn Rescue Tests

Warmer temperatures next week Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
VorArlberg Resort Videos (Stuben, Zurs, Lech, Oberlech,Zug)

http://www.vorarlbergvonoben.at/winter/DE/Arlberg

SonnenKopf

http://www.vorarlbergvonoben.at/winter/DE/Alpenregion%20Bludenz
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't mention Sonnenkopf, people won't want to go there NehNeh
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmmm, forecasts are a bit depressing...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
From the Tourist Office

http://www.youtube.com/user/TouristOfficeStanton#p/a/u/1/b_TbGKt-BGE
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Damn! I was going to head out for the opening weekend. Might go to Solden instead now. Mad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stanton, was that you with the Plus 4's then?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OK folks, expect most of the snow you can see on the webcams below 2000-2300M to be gone by next week. Its warming up again just like 2 years.ago. Sad

I expect there keep the cannons running all night at Altitude.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
How might this effect the season opening weekend, I plan to go?
ski holidays
Peter Ross wrote:
How might this effect the season opening weekend, I plan to go?
Most of the forecasts seem to have this very mild weather pattern persisting for at least the next week, with temperatures only dropping significantly (and substantially) in the last few days of November. Obviously this is only a forecast and anything more than a few days out is subject to change. But I would imagine opening weekend is in the balance at the moment.
snow report
nozawaonsen wrote:
But I would imagine opening weekend is in the balance at the moment.

Nah, they may open higher up. Galzigbahn,Osthang, St Christoph.

Opening weekend they never have 100% open.

When temperatures are cooler it only take 3 days(24*7) to put down artificial snow on all pistes inc home runs.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 20-11-09 16:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Was about to say they'll have something open. They have a good number of snow cannons so will be able to get something down.

Just over 2 weeks until I head out there
snow conditions
Happy to be corrected! Smile And of course still plenty of time for the forecasts to change. The following link outlines a forecast from Joe Bastardi

http://www.accuweather.com/world-news-blogs.asp?blog=euro&partner=netweather&pgUrl=/mtweb/content/euro/archives/2009/11/european_winter_forecast_ask_bastardi_1.asp

Predicts a warmer than average end to November, start to December, but then a colder and snowier rest of the season, with temperatures in Austria much below normal and snowfall well above normal. But given the reliability of long term forecasts...
latest report
stanton, Cool, as long as I can test skis, although also entered in the GS on Saturday, that might be in jeopardy, but what would it take for temperatures to drop?
snow report
Change of wind direction i.e from North, North East. Arlberg Snow comes in from the West.

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/oesterreich/tirol/sankt-anton-am-arlberg/

http://wetter.news.at/oesterreich/tirol/arlberg-galzig

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 18-11-09 19:51; edited 1 time in total
latest report
It says here that last Thursday the ministry gave permission to begin operations to the public December 18th.

http://tt.com/tt/home/story.csp?cid=16600613&sid=57&fid=21

New Mountain Restaurant Photos

http://rendl.info/index.php?id=89
snow conditions
stanton, When's it gonna snow in Lech - I'm out there on the 11th Dec.
snow report
p.s. Where's this new sports facility that's just been built ?
snow conditions
They have postponed the season opening XXL GS race for Nov 28th Sad , I was entered in it. Just asked the tourist office for more info on what will happen next week.
snow report
Got reply from the tourist office, they said the lift company will assess the situation on Tuesday and decide if they'll open then, lucky I haven't paid for accommodation yet but a bummer if no snow. Might need to look for a glacier. I'm flying to Memmingen, so Zugspitze is closest, else Solden I reckon but it will be a right trek to get there. Anyone any ideas, anyone been to Zugspitze?
ski holidays
Peter Ross, I was going to go to St Anton for the opening the opening weekend too. I am now planning on going to Solden. The Ischgl website looks like they have a fair bit of snow, plus if you went there for the opening weekend you could see the lovely Katy Perry. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Peter Ross wrote:
Got reply from the tourist office, they said the lift company will assess the situation on Tuesday and decide if they'll open then, lucky I haven't paid for accommodation yet but a bummer if no snow. Might need to look for a glacier. I'm flying to Memmingen, so Zugspitze is closest, else Solden I reckon but it will be a right trek to get there. Anyone any ideas, anyone been to Zugspitze?

I was there a few weeks ago (not skiing) The glacier resort seemed to have plenty of snow. The classic area is green
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No end in sight of the heatwave. Maybe 1st week in December things will cool down.

Ischgl is definitly opening. They have majority North facing slopes so not affected as much by the heatwave.

Obergurgl is Open

BTW. Munich, Zurich, Stuttgart are all +10C above noraml seasonal temperatures !!
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
Ischgl is definitly opening. They have majority North facing slopes so not affected as much by the heatwave.

problem with ischgl is they expect 20,000 to the mountain top concert, and a day ticket for Saturday is 55eu because of the concert. The gondolas are going to be packed!!
latest report
Obsessed_intermediate, Just looked at Ischgl, no accommodation coming up online for next weekend! Also a right trek by public transport, if St Anton is not a runner then Garmisch might be my choice as easy enough train journey from Memmingen and they have a bit of a festival next weekend also and as I like a bit of freestyle they have a good park. Negatives will be small ski area, crowds and trek up to glacier from the village.
snow conditions
stevev wrote:
stanton wrote:

problem with ischgl is they expect 20,000 to the mountain top concert, and a day ticket for Saturday is 55eu because of the concert. The gondolas are going to be packed!!

The beginning of the season concert is held in the Football field/Car Park in the town.
snow report
After a fairly weak cold front swings through on Sunday/Monday a number of the forecasts now seem to be predicting a fairly substantial cooling (towards seasonal average) around the end of November (27/28 November) along with some snow (although not huge amounts for now). Hopefully the high pressure which has been stuck over Italy for the last fortnight will finally begin to dissipate.

Opening weekend in Ischgl tends to draw in a lot of people there to primarily to party, so expect the bars to be absolutely jammed. If you ski early in the morning (when everyone else is hung over) and drink in the bars during the concert (when everyone will be in the car park) you might be able to navigate the crush!
ski holidays
nozawaonsen
I thought the concert was on the mountain, not the car park. That's why the lift pass is so much more for Saturday.
snow report
stevev wrote:
nozawaonsen
I thought the concert was on the mountain, not the car park. That's why the lift pass is so much more for Saturday.
The opening concert at Ischgl used to be in the square beside the Silvrettabahn. For the last two years or so they have used a much bigger (though slightly less atmospheric) space on the other side of the road from town- marquees, sound system etc. The end of season and Easter concerts normally take place up on the mountain at Idalp on a purpose built stage in the snow. I couldn't complete rule out that this year the concert will be on the mountain. I don't know. But it is not normally. Either way quite a crowd heads up to get drunk at Idalp, but many of them won't be there for skiing.
ski holidays
bit of a cheek asking for 55eu for saturday then.
snow report
I assume the €55 includes the concert entry, otherwisw they are taking the wee wee
snow report
Opening Ischgl concert is never on the Mountain. Its not possible at this time of the year because of the unpredictable weather and the short daylight hours. You can seee on the webcams that there is no stage been erected on Idalp.

The price of the lift ticket includes entrance to the concert.

Back to ARLBERG

Next weekend is looking far more promissing BIG drop in temperature (below freezing) & SNOW !!!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 22-11-09 11:12; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
I must have been thinking of end of season concert on the mountain.

Still think it's a cheek to include the concert in pass price. What if you just want to ski
ski holidays
Quote:

Opening Ischgl concert is never on the Mountain. Its not possible at this time of the year because of the unpredictable weather and the short daylight hours. You can seee on the webcams that there is no stage been erected on Idalp.

The price of the lift ticket includes entrance to the concert.

Back to ARLBERG

Next weekend is looking far more promissing BIG drop in temperature (below freezing) & SNOW !!!

Last edited by stanton on Sun Nov 22, 09 10:12; edited 1 time in total

A very welcome change! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy