Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Interseason and summer 2009

Poster: A snowHead
easiski, i can confirm yesterday (tuesday) was boiling, i got a nice burn on my arm sat near the beach! Lovely and warm today aswell!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
swskier, Yeah - it's been a nice day here too - but fresh by comparison. It did get to about 24 this afternoon though, but with the breeze you had to go to the other side of the house to benefit.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
After a quick MSN chat with Lizzard I can now get excited. I will be having a snow fix in LDA when it opens for the summer. Ahh.

Thank you Lizzard and Mr L Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jezzy, Are you coming on 13th?

Very hot and sunny today. I have to say I was enjoying it, but I don't suppose the snow was. Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, 13th or 14th not quite sure just yet. I've been looking on the webcams but they haven't been updated for a while. Hopefully the rain that is forecast will bring a bit of snow to the glacier.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jezzy, Not snowing much beklow the glacier today I think (9deg here), but the forecast is for snow down below 2,600m over the next couple of days. My garden will like the rain too! Laughing Laughing Look at the Oisans webcam to get a view of the glacier, but until weget up there we won't be able to see how much snow is left below the glacier, which is key as far as I'm concerned - I feel really cheated if I can't ski down to 2,600m at least for the first few days.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, I'm hoping there will be some snow below the glacier too. I was up there on the first day last summer season and although we didn't, there looked to be enough snow to ski back to mid station Jandri. Fingers crossed!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, blimey that was a quick trip to the UK! Hope all is well and the knees etc are improving. Hope the summer goes well Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jezzy, last year we could ski back down by any route we liked, but that's a bit unusual. We can normally get there, but some years you have to de-ski once or twice, and it can be a bit adventurous at times. I don't think it'll be as good as last year though - still, you never know.

Late starter, Yes - very. The kind Mr & Mrs Yourspurs1 came and stayed at my house and looked after the small, black furry person for me as he's not allowed into the UK until July. Therefore my time in the UK was limited. I didn't realise it was a bank holiday in the middle until just before I left. Embarassed Knee is OK, but I turned over my bad ankle on the way back. It's not as bad as the damage I've been 3 years trying to sort out though, swelling down and a bit of jogging tried - it just aches a lot at the moment. Sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's been snowing down to about 2,400m yesterday and last night. Very Happy Clearly where it's fallen on rock and grass it won't stay, but it must have helped the snow higher up no end. Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's much fresher today, and I was over at La Grave taking the van to the garage first thing this morning. Their glacier looks good and the snow is quite a way down. Very Happy We're expecting more low snow later today, and a fair bit of the stuff that fell the night before last has hung around. Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski, if things keep up we may be making a trip over from Serre Chevalier next month.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sounds like the snow bodes well for the summer season. Went to Cas today as a one-off with some of the March crew; M was finally persuaded to ski with poles and did really well too. V is coming on in leaps & bounds but P was not really up to it and retired for coffee after one run. CaistorSkier is getting very excited about summercamp! Me? Not too bad - rather stiff and took a long time to warm up going from the half-way station, but then was skiing ok from the top and managing to remember a fair bit of what I was told. Had some advice from an instructor there that I should relax more by visualising myself skiing with a 1960s spliff Shocked Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, Hope to see you then!

Butterfly, sounds good - Well done M! Hah! spliffs!! Laughing Laughing

This morning it was cold (0 deg) and pouring, but when it cleared up a bit it was clear that the snow level was down at about 2,000m Very Happy Very Happy The air felt quite autumnal when I went out at 08.45 and took these photos. It bodes well for the opening, and although much higher temps are forecast at the end of the week at least we've had a good top-up in the meantime. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There in 33 days cant wait Very Happy
snow report
36 days for us Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

fragy, How long will you be out for?
latest report
Webcams have been updated too Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.2alpes.com/pages/en/213/les-2-alpes-live-webcams-from-ski-slopes.html
snow conditions
Quote:

visualising myself skiing with a 1960s spliff

good advice, and something I tell myself when I'm on my snowboard. The success of the visualisation depends a bit what's on my MP3. If it's the Christmas Oratorio (which has some brilliant bits for skiing or boarding) it falls a bit flat. It's excellent with Bob Marley though.
ski holidays
R32, fragy, Only two days for me!! Very Happy (but I'm only down for the weekend Sad )
ski holidays
R32, will be out for 9 days till the 20th biking with the lads then back out on the 25th for a week or two with the good lady wife,would be good to catch you up for a beer Very Happy
latest report
jezzy, Razz Better than nothing I suppose wink Laughing Have a great time, glacier is looking almost perfect Very Happy
snow report
fragy, I'll be there for 6 weeks...Mr R32 will only be there for 10 days Razz at the start and then 7 days at the end. Will PM you a mobile number nearer the time Cool
latest report
R32, Very Happy
snow conditions
R32, Cool 6 weeks
snow report
Just arrived, its lovely and sunny here in 2 Alpes.

Speak tomorrow C.
latest report
David Ash, Cool. Lovely day, I hitched over to LG to collect the van which was a pleasure on such a nice day. forgot the camera, but woooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaa the phone decided to work - took a lovely picture for you but have lost the cable to download, it's not anywhere obvious and I'll look again as soon as - sorry. Embarassed It looked great because the vegetation is very green and the glaciers are so low there and so white - the contrast was lovely. Otherwise hot and sunny all day. Very Happy

Mr Lizzard has been helping me to build a sun porch on my balcony, and it's virtually finished now - whooppeeeeee - but my back is complaining bitterly... hope it improves quickly.
snow conditions
We opened today and I went up at about 09.45. It's been lovely and sunny and warm which isn't very good for the snow of course. Sad Firstly I have to say that the amount of snow still around at 2,600m was very disappointing compared to last year - especialy considering much more snow had fallen in winter. It's about the same as the year before, and it is possible to ski to 2,600 (pix coming up) but it's a 10 min walk back up to the Jandri Express station. Pix are Puy Salie, L'Echines de Chevre and the view to Mont Blanc from the top of the Echines
ski holidays
I skied Roche Mantel and Signal then up the Signal chair - it was a bit soggy at the bottom of signal - down to the Roche Mantel chairlift slightly off piste which was nice - soft and about 10cms deep. I then went up the Puy Salie and over to the top of the Echines where I took that photo above, and also the one here looking down. That was hard snow, starting to soften on the flatter, higher bit but very hard on the steep bit between the rocks (see photo above). The bottom bit was lovely soft spring snow. After that I went back to the resto to collect my backpack and then skied down via Serre Palas, Mura (see pic) and Jandri. I finished up going down the Goulet du Lac Noir route and hence pic of the final tracks. It was warm and sunny and the snow was good. Apart from the hard bit on the Echines I was right to take up the Zags rather than the Fischers I think, and I arrived at the bottom at 12.05
Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Here's a panorama of the whole of the main part of the glacier from the top of the Signal chair - sorry I don't know how to see it bigger - check it out on my blog for more definition.
snow report
Oh oh oh --- I wish I was there! And this year I can say I have skied much of what I see in your pics - magic!
latest report
Butterfly, yes - although I'd hesitate to try to take you down l'Echines!
It's warm and sunny again today, but I'm not going up as I have too much to do. Maybe tomorrow if the weather's OK.
snow conditions
easiski wrote:
Butterfly, yes - although I'd hesitate to try to take you down l'Echines!.
we'll leave that one for a while eh? Can't wait to have another go at that route from the glacier to Cretes though.
ski holidays
Butterfly, You mean 'Moonland'? Laughing
ski holidays
easiski, err can we draw a veil over bits of that? (and no suggesting there are any new craters on the "moon"!) Embarassed

Great to hear about getting your sun porch work done by the way - did you get the new all singing/all dancing cat flap fitted to put a stop to unwanted visitors and to clip sir's wings when necessary?
latest report
Butterfly, Not yet, but soon. Very Happy I'm still short of the door at the top of the steps, but will use the door that was to the kitchen balcony - just have to work out how to get the door frame out without too much damage and mess. Shocked

today is greyer and windier so I haven't gone up. I'll wait for better weather. Laughing
snow conditions
We had a warm morning, but now have thunder and torrential rain so all 3 felines have rapidly retreated indoors and are trying to tell me it is cold enough to put the gas fire on for them rolling eyes
latest report
Butterfly, torrential rain and thunder up here too.
snow report
We had it yesterday early evening but it only lasted about an hour. I don't know if it was Ioda's first thunderstorm, but he ran in soaked to the skin, looking like a punk puss, yowling and jumping at every thunderclap! Laughing Right now we've got the most horrendous wind which keeps moving the sattelite dish so watching TV is hard. rolling eyes Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Aww poor Ioda! We just had to chase a chicken out of the lounge - cheeky thing! Got them just running free at the mo as there is nothing in the garden they can do too much damage to and we'd left the conservatory door open for the cats rolling eyes
ski holidays
Butterfly, he! he!

The wind eventually dropped last night. Ioda was on tenterhooks all night so I didn't get much sleep between the noise of the wind and the noise of the cat! Therefore I didn't go up the mountain today. It was warm and sunny most of the day, and is now hot and muggy. I'm rather afraid that it hasn't been too good for the snow, but it should still be fine on the glacier. I don't think I'll go up until Friday when I take our first camper up to show him around, but if it looks nice I might just go up tomorrow.

The Mondial du VTT (mountain biking) starts on Friday and there are already vast numbers of gladiators on muddy bikes all over the place, it'll be hopping until Monday. Most of the parking int he centre has been closed off for the stands etc as well, which does make it a bit harder. Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy