Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2008/9 Verbier

Poster: A snowHead
The lifts opened for the first time this weekend!

Officially the "opening weekend" is the first in December. The lifts will then run until the last weekend in April.

The snow was great, some really good coverage for this time of the year. Skiing down to Ruinettes was brilliant but the best snow was (obviously) on the North hanging LDV.

With more snow forecast tomorrow and later in the week the lifts will most likely open every weekend in November.

Horizon and his lovely wife came to stay Chez Parlor. I took a few shots of him skiing with his camera but seeing as he's skiing in Cervinia today you'll have to wait!

I telewhacked all weekend and despite being pretty fit I'm having trouble walking today!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
are they likely to keep opening over the weekends until official opening?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno, yes. Beds available. Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
parlor, i am suffering peer pressure to head out for the weekend of 29/30
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sadly the weekends are booked up for my other favourite sport..Parlor knows what I'm talking about.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rungsp, cow fighting?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i am rather partial to a bit of cow fighting as you may remember.....but no
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What's Verbier like for back country / off piste sking?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BOD, Why do you ask?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
BOD, over rated. Wink

rungsp, I would be happy to swap one with you - a weekend that is - although I'm already forever in your debt.

Conditions Update:

Weekend of 15th / 16th was superb, again. Officially open to Ruinettes and great coverage. Quite a few people though.

A dump has been forecast for this weekend, might not get to ski it looks that good. snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I fly out on the 1st of dec to start what will undoubtedly be the best season for powder ever. (hopefully)

Cant wait

snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Steve Sparks,

My Off Piste week in Fernie can't go ahead now, so am looking at switching to a course run in Verbier at the beginning of March. I've done St Anton to death and fancy going somewhere else.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
powderhound23, anti-jink please if you're saying stuff like that...

BOD, don't tell anyone but Verbier has the best, lift served, off piste and freeride terrain in the world. Places like la Grave would kick Verbiers back bottom but Verbier has such a large selection from modest itineries to Bec des Rosses - widely recognised as the best venue in the world for Big Mountain freeride competitions
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
From looking at the Veriber web site they are suggesting that all slopes are open from Saturday. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BOD, Parlor knows; I'm still slightly perplexed by the question. Who are you thinking of doing your course with?

thunderer, I think that might be over stating things a wee bit. I understand that Lac Des Vaux will be open every day from now and that La Chaux may open next weekend.
snow report
It snowed hard last night and has snowed most of the day. 30cm in the village, probably more higher up as we had lots of rain down here. Very very high winds, which would normally be bad but it's OK for base building.

The lifts remain open after this weekend, ie in the week, but nothing else open until La Chaux next weekend as Steve says.
snow conditions
Steve Sparks, Snoworks (Phil Smith), I was just wondering what to expect, how much traversing, climbing etc was required to get to the back country, how quickly the lift served off piste gets tracked out, and how long in general after a snow fall you can find good conditions that the guides can find. St Anton is well known for its off piste, but I've very rarely seen the same depth of discussions with other restorts, excepting La Grave and 3 Valleys.
snow report
there in no off piste in verbier wink go to chamonix for powder...
ski holidays
BOD, Snoworks are new to Verbier this season. It shows on their website (Tortan?) I would go with one of the local outfits if it was me - Powder Extreme, Warren Smith or one of the excellent local guides like Stephen Hadik.

As far as how long does the fresh stuff last? It's a bit of a piece of string question. The lift served gets tracked out very quickly. I've skied untracked powder 10 days after a snowfall with 40 minutes skinning. There's more than enough for everyone, and you'd be surprised how much you can find without working too hard. But that's why I would recommend one of the established local outfits.

There's plenty of detailed discussion on the Verbier back country (and many other places on here), but we don't share all the details all the time. wink
snow report
Parlor

Any recommendations on shops for kit rental - some mates of mine are out at xmas staying at Chalet Rendezvous c. 80m from the Medran lift.

Cheers

bb
latest report
Verbier is on fire this year!! Its great to see the snow coming early!

HH

Premium Experiences
http://www.premiumverbier.com
snow conditions
franzman, you are getting a little boring. 5 posts total so far, 3 today all re Verbier all pimping an over priced service (yes, I know it's the same price to client but 10% out of over heads when the currancy has dropped 30% is a bit rich...).

I wouldn't mind normally but you haven't actually contributed to the board at all - I like to be brought a drink before I go to bed with you... Wink snowHead Twisted Evil
snow conditions
bertie bassett, sure: No 1 are close to the lift = excellent service, great gear. Boit a Ski, great location, good service, OK gear plus you can leave your boots / skis there over night and your normal shoes during the day. Or Ski Centre, mention Ski Extra and get a 10% discount Wink Great gear, great location.
ski holidays
parlor, Is this the thin end of the wedge. Is Verbier the new La Rosiere, villified and ridiculed at every opportunity.
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, I know I've mentioned a couple of times now that I run a chalet company Wink And might have even mentioned we have some beds going cheap... Very Happy However I'm the first to recommend other Verbier TOs if that suits when people post re Verbier. I really would like to think that I don't spam people and even when I do I'm a giver not just a taker.

Horizon and Arno have both had great deals out of us already this season and I'm sure others will to. I help all posters, apart form the idiots and... and... I seem to be defending myself.

If I do become - either in my eyes or the community as a whole - Mr la Ros I will stop posting here. Sad

Seriously, I wouldn't be bothered normally but franzman has stumbled upon us and manages a few words before spamming us. At least I post stoke. snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
parlor wrote:
If I do become - either in my eyes or the community as a whole - Mr la Ros I will stop posting here. Sad

Seriously, I wouldn't be bothered normally but franzman has stumbled upon us and manages a few words before spamming us. At least I post stoke. snowHead snowHead snowHead

Parlor Thanks for headsup on Kit. No you're not Mr. La Ros as far as I am concerned..

franzman say he's based in whistler, sounds like spam to me...
snow report
parlor wrote:
At least I post stoke.

And for that we can forgive a multitude of sins Wink
snow conditions
parlor, wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Update to say the lifts are closed today, too much snow...
snow report
I live part time in Whistler and part time in Verbier and Courchevel. I am genuinely stoked to see so much snow in Verbier this year! We have lots of clients in Verbier for the holidays and when there is a lot of snow it makes it that much better for everyone!

Concerning prices, be careful PARLOR! The Chalets we work with are very well operated and valued. Hence they are all booked for the holidays

If you have further comments feel free to PM me.

To everyone else I say - LET IT SNOW!!!

HH

http://www.premiumverbier.com
latest report
franzman, so why not join the fun rather than just promoting your own website?
latest report
How was my post not having fun Parlor? You seem to be going at me here so you can promote your Chalet. Veryn clever.

Have a good season and I hope that you get some bookings for your chalet.

HH
latest report
franzman, That's just not the case. parlor is very helpful towards people needing information in relation to Verbier and allowing those of us who don't get to spend quite so much time as him there to ski vicariously. If someone asks for details on accommodation in Verbier he may mention his place, but from what I've seen he's very careful to avoid pimping his place.

Your appearance here has been heralded by a series of posts giving very little to the forum but conspicuously plugging your business. If you want to use the forum to advertise, you can now pay to do that. If you want to give a little, then pile on in and share some of your experience of and love of Verbier. Good luck with the business, but try to keep it subtle.
snow report
Savolyeres to open this weekend. Just the lift up from Verbier and the one down to La Tzoumaz. The La Chaux express will also be open. It's just enough to make me question whether it's worth going to Zermatt, although they are promising to open Rothorn and Gornergrat on Saturday. Don't you love these tough decisions?
latest report
leaving the office in 10 mins for a cheeky weekend
woot!
ski holidays
Is there a Chalet, with a pool, hosting any of the ginger brummies lot this week?
snow report
Leaving tomorrow headed for the powder, should hopefully be up the hill in a few days. Toofy Grin
snow report
Mosha Marc, with a pool? Maybe a Mondzeu apartment? Unless WS has gone ultra luxury.

Conditions here are unreal. I skied with Arno yesterday, stupid sick. Arno will have "a" photo (his battery died). 2 laps of Vallon D'Arbi, and lots of laps of Savoleyres - Tzoumaz lift, practically didn't cross other tracks all day.

Too busy to ski with him today Sad

Should be snowing later too. snowHead Laughing snowHead
snow report
parlor, I only ask cos my wifes' cousins' husband is staying there apparently.

Really wish I was there too Sad
snow report
Arno is now heading back to the airport after another day of skiing fresh powder. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy