Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2008 / 2009

Poster: A snowHead
From the SMA Marketing and Communications Dept: (for you monolinguists, you'll need to get your best translation software going...)

L'Open Day Paradiski :

La mise en service officielle du téléphérique Vanoise Express, le 20 décembre 2008 marquera l'ouverture du domaine skiable Paradiski pour la saison 2008-2009.
Toute la journée du 20 décembre, les sociétés de remontées mécaniques (SAP et SMA) offrent l'extension gratuite Paradiski pour tout détenteur d'un forfait en cours de validité ce jour là sur la Plagne ou les Arcs/Peisey-Vallandry.

Le forfait journée, séjour, saison en cours de validité est à présenter en caisse pour bénéficier de l'extension.
Les moniteurs de l'ESF seront présents pour guider les skieurs sur un parcours Paradiski.

Plusieurs itinéraires seront organisés en fonction du niveau de ski des participants. Cela sera l'occasion de découvrir les meilleurs «Hot Spots ».

Après l'effort, le réconfort : les skieurs se rassembleront à proximité du Vanoise Express pour déguster vin et chocolat chauds, apéritifs et traditions culinaires locales.

Pour une meilleure visibilité clients :

Nous sollicitons nos partenaires restaurateurs à intituler leur "menu du jour" du 20 décembre : menu "open day"

Nous approchons également nos partenaires loueurs de matériel pour offrir un fartage à notre clientèle ce jour là ...

si vous avez d'autres idées, soyez les bienvenus !

Ouverture plus large du funiculaire :

Véritable avantage concurrentiel : rappelez le à votre clientèle - Seule, la station des Arcs possède une liaison par funiculaire depuis la vallée de Bourg St Maurice !
Le funiculaire fonctionnera tous les jours, du samedi 13 décembre 2008 au samedi 25 avril 2009, toutes les 20 minutes, avec, cet hiver, une amplitude d'ouverture plus large : de 7h30 jusqu'à 21h !

Et, la neige !
Le remplissage de la retenue d'altitude a commencé mi-septembre, nous avons pu stocker avant le démarrage de la production de neige prés de 130000 m3 d'eau
Depuis le début de la production à ce matin nous avons produit environ 140 000 m3 de neige.
La nouvelle installation neige des Arcs a été mise en service le 14/11, depuis cette date nous avons fabriqué 140 000 m3 de neige.
Le WE dernier avec le froid et malgré le vent important l'équipe de nivoculteurs a fabriqué en 2 jours prés de 30000 m3 de neige, avec un débit d'eau de 900 M3/Hre sur 1600, 1800 et 2000.
Il faut se rappeler que pas plus tard que l'année dernière, avec un tel débit nous aurions épuisé notre stock d'eau en moins de 10 heures !!!
Nous avons donc réalisé 1/3 de notre production au 26/11, du jamais vu aux Arcs!!
Le volume d'eau restant dans le barrage est de 90 000 m3.

Coté Peisey le volume de neige réalisé est d'environ 20 000 m3, le maillage des 2 réseaux (en terme de dialogue et de supervision) est prévu prochainement.
Les chutes de neige qui ont accompagné le froid de ce WE, ont constituées un manteau neigeux qui varie entre 40 cm et 80 cm en fonction des altitudes.
Ce qui nous a permis de commencer à préparer les pistes à l'aide des chenillettes ; 8 chenillettes sont en service sur l'ensemble du domaine des Arcs Peisey.
Les pisteurs sont eux en train de mettre en place filets, matelas et matériel de balisage.
Tout ceci pour accueillir « les glisseurs » dans les meilleures conditions possibles dés le 13/12.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like the new snowmaking pool is working really well.

Txt from my guy in PV - he walked up the mountain yesterday, all the pistes are made up and it's looking fabulous, and then the git skiied down wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jim - thanks for that. Did it come from a website? Some v. useful info
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jayne durham wrote:
Nice picture Rob! We drive out on Sat 13th. I'm out there most of the season this year

Nice. We'll hook up at some point over Christmas. Do you still have internet access at your place?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
jayne durham wrote:
Nice picture Rob! We drive out on Sat 13th. I'm out there most of the season this year

Nice. We'll hook up at some point over Christmas. Do you still have internet access at your place?
sincerely hope so as Steve is hoping to work remotely!! Would be great to catch up. pm me; ring or email.
Snow sounds v good for early season... hope temps stay low
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wildlife report rather than a snow report today. Just been watching an alpine hare snuffling around below my balcony looking for food. Not seen one this high before at this time of year. Do they eat sausages? I would have been happy to share some of mine that I had for supper tonight Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, hang on a minute, does that mean you've had sausages two nights running? If so, deduct points for lack of imagination! wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurtle, Laughing

I'm catering for one, sausages come in packs for two. Plus I'm already so tired (from just a couple of days of skiing Embarassed ) that I can barely think straight when I get back to my apartment, so managing to cook sausages is a triumph, believe me!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just a light dusting of snow overnight, less than was forecast I think. From the look of the precipitation radar it seems that most of the snow was a bit further East of the French Alps.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar wrote:
From the look of the precipitation radar it seems that most of the snow was a bit further East of the French Alps.

I know you've got a nice pad, but having your own radar installed is taking snow-gazing to excess wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bertie bassett, Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anyone looked at the web cams today, it is looking good out there. Rob are you back home. If not any chance of an update.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.arc1950.com/english/Webcams.html

web cams right now in 1950
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, Rob how is the snow doing in Les Arcs. Have you got any more recent pics. When are you leaving.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Will be disappointed not to wake up tomorrow morning to some new snow on the webcams and lots all day Cool
ski holidays
Yummy lovely snow. Its snowing heavy Cool Cool View up out of 1950 into the 2000 bowl this morning.
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, fantastic. Is your place ready?
latest report
Mouth, Yep Toofy Grin

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=40637&start=40#1080092
ski holidays
snowcrazy wrote:
rob@rar, Rob how is the snow doing in Les Arcs. Have you got any more recent pics. When are you leaving.

Left yesterday, just before this latest snow. Nothing was open in Les Arcs .so not sure about snow conditions, but from the walk I took up the Chantel nursery slope it looks all set to go. Piste-bashers were out in force and the snow cannons had been working hard with huge piles of snow waiting to be moved around.
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
snowcrazy wrote:

Left yesterday, just before this latest snow. Nothing was open in Les Arcs .so not sure about snow conditions, but from the walk I took up the Chantel nursery slope it looks all set to go. Piste-bashers were out in force and the snow cannons had been working hard with huge piles of snow waiting to be moved around.

Fantastic news. Are you back out for NY?
snow report
Mouth wrote:
Fantastic news. Are you back out for NY?

Yes, back out on the 20th I think.

Some photos from yesterday to whet the appetite of anyone visiting Les Arcs soon:

Sunrise on Mt Blanc

More photos at my blog.
snow report
fantastic shots, the sunrise is lovely...
snow report
rob@rar, Yes, great pictures in particular the sunrise Very Happy

snowHead
ski holidays
Sage wrote:
Yes, great pictures in particular the sunrise Very Happy

Here's a sunset from last season

ski holidays
rob@rar, That's even better Very Happy Very Happy

snowHead
snow report
Anyone seen the snowguess forecast for next week - wrap up warm if you're out and about

bottom lift brrr... http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Les-Arcs/6day/bot
snow conditions
rob@rar, what a sensational sunset photo!
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
rob@rar, what a sensational sunset photo!

It's the view from my sofa when I'm in Les Arcs, often accompanied by a cold beer in my hand Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
rob@rar, it looks great thanks for posting them. Think i will even get the skins out when I get there if the lifts are not open yet. Look's even better than the start of last season.
snow report
yeah thats an even better one Rob....always a nice sight MB with it's hat on Smile
snow conditions
skinutter wrote:
yeah thats an even better one Rob....always a nice sight MB with it's hat on Smile

Yeah, it started to snow later that evening.
ski holidays
Loads of snow and more on it's way.

The mountains were a picture as I drove up the valley this afternoon. Had to clear a little snow to open the garden doors and I am not even up the mountain. Very nice.

It is quite cold right now and getting colder. I have just been told they expect more snow later in the week. Now if someone can explain again how to add photos, I will give it a go. Please explain in very simple terms. Thanks
snow conditions
snowcrazy, To post images you must link to an image stored on a web server. The easiest way is to use www.snowmediazone.com.

Once you have uploaded your pictures underneath each one you will find the code for a linked thumbnail - just copy and paste this code into your post. See the sample below:

snowHead
snow conditions
ahhh, I am moving to BSM in 3.5 weeks for the enitre season. This all gets me stoked! There is NO SNOW in California at the moment, while the alps are experiencing 200% above average snowpacks. Ready to head over needless to say...
snow conditions
jskierpx, Welcome. You've picked a good place to spend a season Madeye-Smiley Cool
ski holidays
jskierpx, Are you a boarder or skier, no matter pm me when you get here and we can meet up if you fancy some powder.
snow conditions
Sage, thanks i will give it a try tomorrow.
snow conditions
Quote from my french friend who lives in Paradiski area:

"Hi chérie, it's snowing a lot !!! I never saw so much snow in the valley !!!! Off pistes will be very very dangerous next week, we have to be careful and stay on slopes

Straight from the horses mouth! Bring it on.............
snow report
In the trees was fun today but rather sticky snow. Anyone coming out for this weekend, they have the chains sign switched on today for roads up the mountain. If this weather continues they could be on for a few days. They were even stopping cars in the morning to check so bring your winter driving kit with you or you might end up stuck in Bourg.

Today the snow is falling everywhere, not good for photo's to cloudy, but I will try when the sun comes out. In the mean time those that want pics, have a look at the web cams for Les Arcs. If it keeps this up for the next couple of days you should be able to ski back to bourg through the forest. Amazing for this time of year. Must have been at least 10cm of fresh snow in 1600 today maybe even more and there is already a good base in some places.

Bad news for parking. They have put barriers on the funic parking area in bourg, 1 euro a day I am told. Hope that is correct. Up in resorts they have taken away all free parking as well. They say they will tow anyone that parks in the wrong places so be warned. When I asked why they had introduced parking fees everywhere. I was told it was the Town hall, not the lift company that did this. Most local people are very unhappy, so could be interesting next week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy