Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Things you need when luxury skiing - discuss

Poster: A snowHead
After a few beers last week after another budget ski holiday we came up with a list of essentials on a luxury skiing holiday:

Hotel right beside the ski lift (obvious one but ours always seem to involve a walk uphill for 2km after breakfast)
Someone to prewarm and put your boots on, perfectly dried the night before.
A boot remover, at the ready with prewarmed damp towels to wipe feet clean at end of long day.
Foot massager ready at boot removal time.
Private flight direct to slopes at the start and end of the holiday
Private professional rep to ski the slopes at crack of dawn to report condition of slopes first thing
Private rep to ski for you when you are too tired to bother to do it yourself
Selection of finest wines and beers (not the buy it by the tanker load we normally get served).
Cup of tea freshly made bedside in morning
Someone to tuck you in at night
A packer
An unpacker

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 22-01-07 21:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Outdoor jacuzzi with an underwater link from inside
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
a pair of skis?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snow Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes I thought the expert prepared skis and feet deep dry powder snow every day were the obvious ones...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Skis, snow and a bed. snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scandi chalet maid(s)

Professional masseuse to ease away those aches and pains...

Decent chef?

Helicopter Transfer?

Complimentary range of state of the art kit to use - saves lugging yours out there

hmm been giving this too much thought... I do like the 'slopes report'.. did a red in Zurs a couple of weeks ago at 9:10am which was just horribly crusty/icy..by noon it would have been great..
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cake buffet
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pro Plus and night skiing Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sharkymark, I fancy trying night skiing. Our slope had floodlights on it last year and it looked fantastic - If I can get to the unconciously competent stage this year I might give it a bash and leave DH babysitting.

To your lists I will add blazing log fire and real hot chocolate when you get back in after that night skiing.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
How about some roped off, VIP pistes? "If you're not on the list, you're not skiing off"
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Large supply of decent British beer in pint glasses Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think there might be a regularly arranged trip meeting nearly all of your requirements that someone has just had to cancel in Klosters that you may now be able to go on cheaply instead of them.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Why stop at a helicopter transfer?...

Helicopters. God's own chairlifts.

(an EC A-star preferably, although you might want an Allouette for those particularly high DZs)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Murdoch, Don't you have to watch helicopters at altitude - I don't know how high they can fly, but I did hear once that some moutain rescues can't be crried out with them due to thin atmosphere. Are they OK at skiing heights?
snow conditions
a spyderjon Very Happy
snow conditions
A large bottle of Jagermeister, and unlimited Red Bull Wink
snow report
Megamum, I think "ordinary" helicopters are somewhat limited as to their flight ceilings but a specially adapted Eurocopter AStar landed on the summit of Everest in 2005. So I think you're quite right in general. But rules are mde to be, err, broken...

So the AStar goes back up to right at the top of my list - not that I'm planning on skiing Everest any time soon!

Correction: after a ski that does everything wonderfully from being challenging on a well groomed blue run at warp factor 11 to being easy on a crappy snow day with a raging hangover. The single ski quiver - the ultimate luxury.

Corrections all over the place here, eh?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 22-01-07 22:48; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Somebody to set gates for a GS course and continually sideslip the line to stop big ruts developing.
snow conditions
A caddy, following you around with a selection of skis.
snow report
Julia Mancuso for the week.
latest report
laundryman, Laughing

Megamum, not Champéry by any chance I suppose...

A free glass of vin chaud at the start of every chairlift. A log fire in a mid station wooden chalet with plenty of good red wine and steak Madeye-Smiley snowHead
snow report
The certain knowledge that it's going to be the first and probably last time that you're going to get the chance to holiday like it (& very aware that the summer holiday is being spent on a campsite) so that you make the most of every single minute Very Happy (T minus 6 and counting).
latest report
David Murdoch, Amazing about that Helicopter on Everest - I believe it was documentary about the mountain that I heard about the so called, it now seems, 'helicopter Ceiling'. I think it was a doc. about surviving in exteme conditions and they said that there are 5 or so, so called, death climbs because there are/were no heli's that could get the climbers out, but if your AStar can manage it put me down for one too - no dangle factor in a helicopter is there, I'm fine in flying objects if they don't dangle me, so I can have a helicopter instead of riding the gondolas and chair lifts!! Smile
ski holidays
DB wrote:

.... Oh I forgot, and somebody to ski with too. Wink
latest report
DB wrote:
DB wrote:

.... Oh I forgot, and somebody to ski with too. Wink

Kelly Vanderbeek?
ski holidays
Sharkymark, No, Not Champéry............
latest report
Megamum, the problem is, it wouldn't be able to carry more than a pilot and co-pilot or crash and burn...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sharkymark, Wouldn't you think with all our ingenuity we could overcome the problem of hovering helicopter style flight in a thin atmosphere. After all I bet the the Thunderbirds can manage it and surely we shouldn't let puppets show us up.
snow conditions
Just chuck the co pilot out
ski holidays
scotabroad wrote:
After a few beers last week after another budget ski holiday we came up with a list of essentials on a luxury skiing holiday:

Hotel right beside the ski lift (obvious one but ours always seem to involve a walk uphill for 2km after breakfast)
Someone to prewarm and put your boots on, perfectly dried the night before.
A boot remover, at the ready with prewarmed damp towels to wipe feet clean at end of long day.
Foot massager ready at boot removal time.
Private flight direct to slopes at the start and end of the holiday
Private professional rep to ski the slopes at crack of dawn to report condition of slopes first thing
Private rep to ski for you when you are too tired to bother to do it yourself
Selection of finest wines and beers (not the buy it by the tanker load we normally get served).
Cup of tea freshly made bedside in morning
Someone to tuck you in at night
A packer
An unpacker

This isn't too far removed from the Scott Dunn service in Zermatt!
ski holidays
My Russian friend tells me that 25 hookers and a avalanche shovel full of coke are the essential chalet requirements. With 2.6m probes you don't even need to pass it around. Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
An attractive French au-pair to go skiing with while the OH is looking after the kids.
latest report
And to go out drinking with while OH is looking after the kids.
snow report
An I suppose a hunky fit ski instructor to keep OH happy.
snow conditions
Actually, none of these - was only kidding.
snow conditions
Sharkymark, and conditions where someone needs rescuing are likely to be far from ideal for flying!
snow report
Proper full cooked brekkie
ski holidays
Quote:

Don't you have to watch helicopters at altitude - I don't know how high they can fly, but I did hear once that some moutain rescues can't be crried out with them due to thin atmosphere. Are they OK at skiing heights?

Helicopters cant actually fly...they're just so ugly that the earth repells them; like the humble bumble bee its only the fact that they dont 'know' that they arent supposed to be able to fly that allows them to get into the air at all!! wink

To be honest if its high enough that a top end helicopter cant get up there then I'm not sure I want to be up there, Its awfully difficult to sup your vin chaud when you are struggling to get your breath! Confused

Can I add to the list someone else to do all the faff of checking in/collecting the bags at the airport and a chalet where no-one has to draw the short straw for the bunk-beds! Oh, and ski valet to make sure skis are tip top for the new day ahead. snowHead
ski holidays
pielot, I'm seriously considering sending our bags ahead next year, and travelling with hand baggage only.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy