Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
for highest frag count, it might well be the place to be - the Prolays run into Linderats and up the Cheux Fleurie will probably maximise potential, I recommend slalom guard stuff + sharpened poles for extra splattering efficiency- but for good skiing, I wouldn't bother right now Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SMALLZOOKEEPER - I've PM'd you.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thunderstorms and lightening... Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PhillipStanton, very very frightening me... (Galileo.. Galileo.. Galileo figaro.........) Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Apologies for lack of reports, but I've been having a few days off before heading over to La Grave for a Ski Club off-piste "holiday" (yep, that's right, I'm having a holiday from the sabbatical!).

Back on Monday with tales of daring doooooooo.

geetee wrote:
PhillipStanton, very very frightening me... (Galileo.. Galileo.. Galileo figaro.........) Very Happy

Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Watch out for frogs.... real ones not just ones with body odour and dodgy ski suits.
On the bruyere piste on the corner just before the chavannes express in les gets, spring has sprung. Yesterday I rescued a small newt trying to cross the piste, then disaster struck as one of my class skied over a frog, nasty mess!
Also the dog poo-poo that has been buried under the snow at the bottom of the chavannes express is showing through and thawing out. One of my class also had an experience skiing through that. Does anyone know of a small mudflap that can be fitted just in front of the binding in these circumstances. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
crasher, you paint such a vivid picture Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just make sure you're not following a twin tipper if they're skiing through dog poo Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skiing still very good in Avoriaz and Chatel sector - both holding up brilliantly even with the warm afternoon sunshine. Rock hard pistes for going fast in the morning and then slush bumps in the afternoon.

Should be good enough for the rest of the season.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well, we've definitely been operating on "holiday mode" over the last couple of weeks. I've skied in Flaine, La Grave and Chamonix - but not in the Portes du Soleil rolling eyes And we're off to Verbier this afternoon for a few days...

So, we went out for a quick local ski today - parked at Ardent, a bash around the Linderats runs, coffee stop at La Taniere, up the Arare and a few bashes down the stade.

It's April, so the usual conditions - icy in the morning, turning to slush mid- to late-morning - depending on slope aspect. But conditions are generally good - with even the lower run back down to Ardent holding up well.

It was extraordinarily quiet in Avoriaz and the "patron" of the La Taniere was disparing that it was so quiet - there are apparently only 400 apartments being rented out this week - as opposed to 1,500 last week. But he reckons he's had his best season ever - so sympathy is a little low.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well folks, it's more or less it from me for the season.

I headed over to Verbier on Saturday to visit a friend and came down with a dose of gastric flu. I've spent the last four days very closely tied to a toilet. A fistful of immodium have got me back to Morzine, but I fear the chances of me getting out skiing again this week are minimal Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PhillipStanton, Just to say on behalf of a lot of people --- Many thanks for all your reports through the season.Hope to hear from you again. All the best.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Paricularly in the run up to my trip out there PhillipStanton's reports were essential reading Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PhillipStanton, echo SP1R1T,'s sentiments. It's been a pleasure and an education reading your posts. Many thanks Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
must saythe same as the last 3. Its been great reading and participating (slightly) on this thread through out the season. Many thanks for all the posts Mr Santon. Hope the immodium works NehNeh
snow report
PhillipStanton, hope you're feeling a bit better now Sad
snow report
Thanks everyone for the kind words. MrsPhillipStanton and I are now "safely" reinstalled in London and I start back to work on Tuesday Shocked
ski holidays
PhillipStanton, what about next season Phillip ?
snow report
PhillipStanton and Mrs, thanks for all the information you posted here all this season snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
Frosty wrote:
PhillipStanton, what about next season Phillip ?

Not next year. Unfortunately. Sad
snow report
Ill bet you are dredding tuesday.
ski holidays
bigtoe wrote:
Ill bet you are dredding tuesday.

Not really. I'm lucky enough to work for a nice company. Saying that, though, I do miss the fresh air.
snow conditions
PhillipStanton, as everyone else has said thanks for the reports; it was very useful leading up to my trip in Feb and think you helped us find some of the best snow.
snow report
PhillipStanton, Hey, byebye buddy. I thought you'd be around for ever! That's it, i'm staying put! Little Angel
snow report
PhillipStanton, I hope you're settling in nicely. You will be pleased to hear that the weather is pants, it's about 8 degrees, grey and raining outside. So much for the early alpine summer.

And some filthy toe-rag has been stealing rocks from my rock-pile-that-is-going-to-become-a-rockery. Not small ones either - a good 20kgs each and about 10-15 missing. I mean, who would steal a bunch of stones from someone's garden?

If anyone in the Chamonix area has noticed their neighbours suddenly and proudly displaying a collection of rather nice local rock boulders, let me know.
snow report
the weather is still all over the place then. Today I had a snow alert come through for later this week in Morzine. I had better get the skies back from being waxed and edged (put them in to be done nearly two months ago now and had forgot about them until the alert came through Laughing

I wonder if any one will read this before it all gets wiped ready for next season. P Stanton where are you!!!!!
snow report
PhillipStanton, Sorry it's a bit late but thanks (and to others) for all the reports through the winter, I looked at them every day up to my holiday last March. They were very much apreciated. snowHead snowHead

snowHead
ski holidays
Just got back to Morzine from a holiday in sunny Italy to be greeted to snow down to the Nyon restaurant - which I can see out of my lounge window! Forecast for tonight and tomorrow is for snow down to 1400m - at the begining of the week there WERE snow falkes in the town itself - not unusual though as last year we had snow on 6th June!! The pool opens here on the 16th June so I am praying for some warmer weather. The snow can now hold off until October!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
more snow in the town now than when we where there in Feb! Mad huh
latest report
Thanks everyone for the thanks and good wishes.
ski holidays
Bump. (Just to keep alive for the new season!)
ski holidays
Hoping this will change the thread title...!
latest report
Ah, that's it...

...all set for the new season.
snow report
PhillipStanton, excellent stuff am looking forward to my trip Avoriaz in Jan!
snow report
Might have to squeeze in a late availability long weekend in Les Gets/Morzine in Jan. Not sure I can afford the leave for 2 entire weeks, but I certainly cannot wait until MSB to get some slides in.
snow conditions
PhillipStanton, I'm off to Morzine again in March for a long weekend. snowHead
snow report
Quote:

I'm off to Morzine again in March

Me too!
ski holidays
PhillipStanton, if i manage to get a second week i might get to meet you both again.

what are our plans for this year ?

are you planning on doing your next BASI level ? i cant work out what level you re at now they've changed everything Puzzled

i'm thinking about doing my BASI 1 this year as I only have 14 years until I retire and I plan to forefill my goal in life of ski instructing when i retire :

or would i be better of doing a weeks instruction Puzzled
snow report
How about starting a new thread for a new season as this one is pretty long??
ski holidays
Good to hear so many of you are out. How I wish I could do another season. Ah wel...

Curtains wrote:
what are our plans for this year ?

are you planning on doing your next BASI level ? i cant work out what level you re at now they've changed everything Puzzled

i'm thinking about doing my BASI 1 this year as I only have 14 years until I retire and I plan to forefill my goal in life of ski instructing when i retire :

or would i be better of doing a weeks instruction Puzzled

Alpine Level 2 - I think. It was, in fact, a very productive summer - when I finished last season I was at the bottom of the ladder - at the start of the winter I find myself one rung up. I am, of course, conveniently ignoring them extending the ladder down wink

Plan for next season is to start work on my ISIA (BASI 2 old money) - which is going to take me 3-4 years I reckon. This year I'm going to do the Mountain Safety Module and start learning telemark. And do some work on my bumps. And my...

This season I've got around 40 days in Morzine - Christmas / New Year, Easter and the rest as long weekends - although some might get switched to Verbier as we have a friend there with a spare room.

Whether it's worth doing an Alpine 1 over a week long course is probably dependent on whether you want to teach. The equivalent course last year was enjoyable - but only because it was a step on the way to the rest of our course. If you're just after developing as a skier, and only have one week available, then consider a performance week with SnoWorks.

kitenski wrote:
How about starting a new thread for a new season as this one is pretty long??

I must admit that I'm kinda attached to this one and it'll get deleted unless it's kept alive - though it's a fair comment. Anyone else got a view on this?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy