Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
Well morning is here and, oh yes, it's raining and four degrees. Absolutely throwing it down. I feel a long lunch coming on.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stewart woodward wrote:
kendadj,

Let me know when the forecsat 60.0cm + 65.7cm + 160.8cm = 286.5cm arrives and i will arrange for Tignes to lend you a few snow ploughs & piste bashers to help you cope with all that snow wink wink wink

Could you send me a snorkel as well please stewart woodward!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
zzz wrote:
Well morning is here and, oh yes, it's raining and four degrees. Absolutely throwing it down. I feel a long lunch coming on.

You must be a mind reader zzz. A spot of light ski servicing followed by a "little something" at the Pointe de Nyon...

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 25-02-07 10:40; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I should add to zzz's post that there's snow on the trees above around 1200-1300m.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Avoriaz is reporting 27cm fall last night.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ladies and gentlemen, we finally have snow falling in the village in Morzine - although the comedy weather station is still reading 4 degrees.

My fellow trainee, who lives up in Avoriaz, reports good snowfall - but shockingly bad visibility. He's holed up with his best friend - a certain Mr Daniels...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's good news, arriving there tomorrow with six friends, three of who havent been skiing before was hoping that they would see some snow and not be put off for life. Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's puking down. The comedy weather station is firmly sticking to the belief that it's 4 degrees out there wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
puking?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
CIMG0222 (Large)

Puking! (Though this doesn't show it so well)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah silly me. Thanks
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

kendadj,

Let me know when the forecsat 60.0cm + 65.7cm + 160.8cm = 286.5cm arrives and i will arrange for Tignes to lend you a few snow ploughs & piste bashers to help you cope with all that snow

My god, shoot the messenger why don't you ! I'm only quoting what Metcheck says and, yes, I know it's only a forecast.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's raining.

It's snowing.

It's raining.

It's snowing.

It's raining.

It's snowing.

You get the idea.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It was hailing a bit 10mins ago too! This is all at town level so hopefully a couple of hundred meters up is getting consistant snow - people I live with said Avoriaz was incredibly windy but there was 30cm or so of fresh snow up there. Sadly the link after the SuperMorzine was closed today so I went up the Morzine side - which went from really good at the top to a bit wet and patchy at the bottom - today's snow will hopefully help that.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PhillipStanton, I was there at the Nyon, where were you?
snow report
Chucking it down now in Morzine - links from Super Morzine to Avoriaz shut this morning due to high winds - so did same as PhillipStanton, and opted for a long lunch 'en famille' at the Combe a Zorre.

Local concencus is for it to snow for the next 48hrs on resort then rain again

Sorry fro the gap in reports but half term and my kids on holiday as well = lots of work and stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope to ski tomorrow........
ski holidays
Apologies zzz - too much breakfast and not enough appetite for lunch (and something else - which I've emailed to you!).
ski holidays
Drouzin le Mont - massive dump of snow today from well below resort height of 1200m. Had to dig car out before driving to Geneva at lunch time. Been fantastic and very welcome!
snow report
kendadj,

Sorry about this post Razz Razz Razz

Latest new snow report from Tignes

24.0cm snow on path
28.0cm snow by the Poubelle
32.0cm snow on my car
15.0cm snow outside the bread shop

A collosal 97.0 cm of new snow overnight Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
ski holidays
I can see the SCGB snow report now, best conditions to be found skiing on stewart woodward's car.
snow report
i found 28cm too deep for my technique and ended up head first in the poubelle
Quote:

28.0cm snow by the Poubelle
ski holidays
FenlandSkier, Laughing Is it is a black, or just a steep red?
latest report
stewart woodward, simo1234, Very Happy

I was skiing in Linderet today and have to say conditions are transformed. I'd guess that between 50 and 75cms have fallen above 1600m and the off piste was fantastic. Snow has been falling all day down to village level so things will be improved on the Pleney and Les Gets side too. Shame about the rain forecast for the end of the week though.

zzz
snow report
zzz, what height is the rain forecast at? I only got back from Drouzin le Mont yesterday but am possibly up for a trip to same area (15-20 mins from Ardent so that's where I'll end up) for a few days from 3 March.
snow conditions
petemillis, wed and thurs rain below about 1400-1500, fri 1600ish, sat 2000ish, Sun same in the morning but light. This of course a long way away so usual caveats apply.
ski holidays
zzz wrote:
petemillis, wed and thurs rain below about 1400-1500, fri 1600ish, sat 2000ish, Sunday, 2000 in the morning but light. This of course a long way away so usual caveats apply.
ski holidays
The good news

I'd say that this is turning into one of the best snowfalls of the season.

I've been confined to Pleney all day, but there's around 50cm at 1600m (possibly more) and they've been having to dig out the top of a couple of lifts to stop the chairs getting stuck Very Happy

The snow on-piste is very sticky, but will piste very, very well and should be lovely tomorrow. The off-piste is very heavy, but skiable.

The bad news

Not much. We took "the instructors' black" back today (don't ask becauase I'm not going to tell) and there's a definite break-point around 1200m where the snow having very little impact and has only added, maybe, 5-10cm to the pistes.

It's still (just about) snowing in resort and shows absolutely no sign of stopping.
ski holidays
Just to report in from a very snowy Chatel - it started snowing heavily in the village and quite honestly hasn't really stopped since then. The was an hour or so of chaos yesterday afternoon as guests poured into the village without chains, the snow became really heavy, the road cover suddenly got became pretty deep and everyone skidded to a halt!

Went for a ski round linga and pre la joux this morning - deep snow everywhere, quite heavy in places, no visability, but a lot of fun nontheless. At one point (much to my amazement) I found my self skiing down a bowl, sinking down well above my knees and not finding the bottom. You could stick the pole in right up to the handle and still not reach the base...!

Then the powder got even heavier and the office beckoned so I came home.

Since then it has snowed pretty heavily and I have had to clear the steps twice so I am looking forward to seeing what tomorrow holds. As PhillipStanton said, the pistes should be superb after a spot of grooming.

Not sure if I am being overly optimistic about later in the week but it does look as though the dips in temp happen at the same time as the peaks in precipitation. We shall see...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So Philip S, did you manage to get sparks from your skis on the "instructors" run?
ski holidays
David Murdoch - no sparks and no clues...

...ok, just for you. The unmarked black wink

Let's face it, you know the place far better than I - give me a false impression of mystery!
ski holidays
Snowmonkey - good to hear.

At this rate I may even be able to take out those FIS GS skis that a very nice person gave me at the beginning of the season Cool
snow report
Light overnight snow; frost on the car; clear blue sky and 1 degree on the comedy weather station.

Looks like a perfect day...

...which is why today is the day I'd arranged a week ago not to ski so that I could sort out some domestics that really need sorting out.

B&**er Crying or Very sad
snow report
Think yourself lucky, this the day I decided not to ski because I'm stuck on a job in (*&^&*ing Chaadwell Heath.

note - I don't live anywhere near Chadwell Heath
snow report
PhillipStanton, You and me both....arrgghhh.....seem to have spent the whole day cleaning and driving guests around.....hope to get out on Thursday!!
ski holidays
MrsPhillipStanton reports the best day of the season. Thigh deep powder on Chamossiere...

...and broken binding off-piste. It was the ski-doo home that she enjoyed the most. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Excellent dinner this evening with zzz and David Murdoch - although surely I'm old enough to realise that Guinness followed by red wine is a bad idea wink
snow report
6 degrees on the comedy weather station and peeing with rain - so It should be snowing above 1400 / 1500m. The weather is looking closer to the Meteo Chamonix forecast (heavier snow and lower freezing levels) than the Snow-Forecast forecast (less snow and higher freezing levels) - which is good.

We're having a late start this morning. Something to do with a Guinness followed by red wine. Although that brandy I had when I got in probably didn't help.

We've also got a three hour training session this afternoon and I don't want to get too wet before it starts as most of the skiing we can do will involve dropping below the snow / rain limit.
snow report
Avoriaz was super-variable today - the top is really nice but cloudy/extra windy/driving hail - the lowest down parts are pretty sugary from rain.
latest report
Rain.

Rain.

Rain.

B&***y rain. 6 degrees.

Pleney is very rain affected, but is holding up. We've been practicing our plough parallels for the last two days - so haven't been far. Fortunately our shadowing has now been signed off.

Avoriaz is supposed to be fabulous and the good news is that our BASI course, which is running for the next two weeks, is being moved up there.

Insult of the day - ski instructor to a skier who has skied into the net by the side of the piste again:

"You're a skier - not a b&**dy fish!" Madeye-Smiley
latest report
at what level does the rain turn to snow Phillip???? It looks like snow on the la tania webcam which is at 1300m....
ski holidays
PhillipStanton wrote:

Avoriaz is supposed to be fabulous and the good news is that our BASI course, which is running for the next two weeks, is being moved up there.

Avoriaz has great snow and high winds/driving hail/low visibility everywhere at the moment. Had a good day today around Chatel Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy