Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Go on, have a laugh...

Poster: A snowHead
I apologise if I have lied about my ability, or pretended to be a ski god. If that is how people have interpreted what I say, then I will need to be more careful with my words.
What I do have is an involvement in the industry at various levels for about 8 years, and experience of skiing in the mythical place of "outside Europe" Wink

T-bar - the first comment of mine you quoted above was in December last year, this is the thread. It was made at the time that SZK was saying that everyone should ski on Volkl Karmas regardless of ability, location etc.
Here's the second thread

Now, for all those experts who want to rip me apart for shattering their illusions that I could ski perfectly, please post videos of yourselves making a few carved turns on piste, that way we can all give you greater respect.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself, Foxers, trying to pass yourself off as a zen master ski guru and professional equipment-testing authority. I for one have had all my illusions shattered and will probably have to undergo therapy merely in order to have a normal life again.

I bet you go around telling people you're a sexy beast with a full head of hair as well.

Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
and experience of skiing in the mythical place of "outside Europe" Wink

I'm a bit puzzled by this. In what way does skiing outside Europe change how your ski abilities are perceived on a skiing forum?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard wrote:
I bet you go around telling people you're a sexy beast with a full head of hair as well.

Shhhh, Dino, a lot of them think I'm you're son, too...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar.org.uk, no, I don't think it changes my abilities, I was just trying to point out that I may have experienced resorts and snow conditions that some others haven't - it was not a reference to my skills at all.

But, if someone reads that I've skiied Jackson Hole, Alta etc, they might make assumptions from that regarding my ability.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wear The Fox Hat, OK, sorry, I misunderstood. By and large I'd say that choice of resort isn't really a good guide to someone's skiing abilities, although it does give them a good basis to talk about choice of resort.

Out of interest, what experience do you have in the ski industry?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat, Those Icon's won't be helping! Nuf respect for posting yourself skiing. I heard once that Micheal Shummacher's mechanic hadn't got a driving license!

I wouldn't read too much into FOXY's ability as a skier, what matters is he understands what equipment he needs to improve. How many of us SNOWHEADS spend this much time understanding the technology behind skis/boots? I'm sure he can ski better and worse than his video, what this highlights is an importance of communication, to ASS-U-ME the best, makes an ASS out of U and ME!

Let's not implode here, one GOLDFISH is enough to prove our solidarity, give the guy a break, if we all posted ourselves skiing, we'd soon end up disregarding more than ski/boot choice.

I feel FOXY's example is one to be followed, we should all post ourselves skiing. snowHead

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 10-09-06 17:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Awesome stuff
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, I don't stay angry for long, FOXY an i had some disagreements a while ago but i found him, objective and prepared to enter a descussion based on logic. This is the basis of evolution, the ability to question what is considered right and understand it's parameters. I'm in a minority here in Cham'. Too many good/hardcore skiers to understand and feel the majority, SNOWHEADS is what keeps things real for me, you all represent the future of skiing, what it's about and more impotant for me, what it's worth. FOXY has an ability to voice his feelings, as does Morriniho, Ramsey, Clarkson and those others not afraid to speak up.

SPEAK UP SNOWHEADS, someone will always disagree, forget them, someone might agree, someone might change their perspective!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, OK, sorry, I misunderstood. By and large I'd say that choice of resort isn't really a good guide to someone's skiing abilities, although it does give them a good basis to talk about choice of resort.

No problem - resorts can say something about equipment choices too - I mean if someone who has only skiied Alta describes a ski has having good grip on ice, I know they don't know what Austrian ice is like, so I'd take their opinion with a pinch of salt.

rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
Out of interest, what experience do you have in the ski industry?

Worked as a shop rat for 5 years, mainly servicing and setting up skis, sat at the feet of some expert bootfitters for a lot of learning, skiied with a lot of expert skiers, oh, yeah, and been involved in owning/running a website that organises a few academies each year, and as a result of that, spent quite some time with a lot of very high end instructors absorbing information and sharing ideas. As a result of that, I've built up a contact list of reasonably good ski instructors and manufacturers who like to discuss things with me, and some even like to hear what I have to say.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, stop it, you're making me blush. Very Happy (and I agree with the principle of what you have said)

IMHO, a good skier, a good guitarist, a good anything is someone who has an opinion based on personal experience without outside input, who has listen to a learned from others at a theoretical and practical level, and, MOST IMPORTANTLY, wants to learn more, and so is eager for more experience, more input, more learning.
When I've decided I know it all, or that I can't learn from others or accept other opinions, then I may as well lay down and die, because I will have lost my desire to be alive.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wear The Fox Hat, AS CEM states on his sub-heading, "I have never leared anything from people who agree with everything i say."

In fact, CEM has never learned anything from anyone, but that's beside the point. JOKE. I love you COLIN! wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hyweljenkins wrote:
Helen Beaumont, that was quite obviously me, then. I can't think of anyone else in the whole wide world that it could possibly have been.

Sorry , it wasn't you, it was Yoda.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, of course it was me, Honest Injun. Looks to me like Yoda's been using his Jedi mind-trick on you. I'm as graceful as Darcy Bussell and as smooth as a JazzFM compilation CD.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hyweljenkins, but I don't think you were even there!!! All right then, if you say so. And I'm like a gazelle, gliding down through the trees.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont wrote:
And I'm like a gazelle, gliding down through the trees.

I'll bear witness to that!

(and PM you my address for the cheque Very Happy )
snow report
GrahamN, cheques in the post!!! Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Quote:

Sorry , it wasn't you, it was Yoda.

Getting to like this female fan club I am Laughing

Funnily enough "elegance" was one of the "desirable" qualities suggested by the first group of Ali Ross skiers I was with when he asked them what they wanted to achieve. His response, as usual, was that "effective skiing" would probably look "elegant" to an observer. However, he was frequently at pains to point out that how something looked to an observer was frequently very different to how it felt to the person doing it.
latest report
Helen Beaumont wrote:
hyweljenkins, but I don't think you were even there!!! All right then, if you say so. And I'm like a gazelle, gliding down through the trees.

helen - do gazelles ski gracefully though?
snow conditions
Quote:

do gazelles ski gracefully though?

have you never seen BAMBI on ice Little Angel
snow report
a) Bambi is NOT a gazelle
b) does bambi have skis on when on the ice and is the ice tilted?
Razz
ski holidays
little tiger, ok so i'm not an expert on Bambi either, did i say i was....... what i can tell you is gazelle of various types Kudo, springbok is very very tasty Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
CEM wrote:
have you never seen BAMBI on ice Little Angel

...in Diamonds are forever, with Thumper, at Willard White's residence...

(or is that just in the version I have?)
ski holidays
CEM, not tried springbok, but we're roasting a lamb at the weekend.
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, it's in our version too! How many times can a person watch the bond movies? wink
latest report
SnowHot, Wear The Fox Hat, Where is the ice in that scene? Toofy Grin
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, in the martini Cool
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, What’s all this apologising business about? I don’t see the need. I’m sure I’m not alone in that I’d never really considered whether you were expert, intermediate or novice – well, novice might have surprised me. The thing here is enthusiasm surely? And that’s something you seem to have bags of. So stop apologising, there’s no need, and if people make wrong assumptions, that’s their problem not yours (if indeed it is a problem – which I doubt). snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Phil Jordan, thanks. I was thinking about it last night, and I'd like to define my skiing, and attitude to it as "Passionate Punter". (although another snowHead recently described me as being "Obsessive/Compulsive about it, which she meant as an insult, but I took as a compliment... Very Happy)
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
(although another snowHead recently described me as being "Obsessive/Compulsive about it, which she meant as an insult, but I took as a compliment... Very Happy)

As well you should!
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, I think 'passionate punter' would describe the majority of snowHead
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, I think 'passionate punter' would describe the majority of snowHead

That's why its so much fun here! Very Happy Laughing
snow report
I think i've been mistaken into thinking you are all good skiers. Puzzled
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, and some of us think you are a good boot fitter... snowHead Laughing
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, OOOHHH, that made the hairs stand up on my neck, BOOTFITTING CLINIC cancelled!!!!!!!!!!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, Apologize right now, Or you'll go in the time out corner! wink
snow report
SnowHot, I never said we were "mistaken" in that opinion... Laughing
ski holidays
SnowHot, Wear The Fox Hat, I have around 400 clients each year, some would say i'm the worst bootfitter they've ever met! Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
CEM wrote:
little tiger, ok so i'm not an expert on Bambi either, did i say i was....... what i can tell you is gazelle of various types Kudo, springbok is very very tasty Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

you ate BAMBI! Shocked
snow report
As seen in a butcher's shop window, "You've read the book, you've seen the film, now eat the cast".
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy