Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

[Another] hallf term 2025 - where to go!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After our successful first trip (only back last week), we are keen to go again. Family of 5 with 3 kids that will be 9, 10 and 12 next February half term. Wife's preference is not to take kids out of school and we enjoyed our first Christmas at home last year, so that leaves February half term -from 22 February.

Crystal have half board packages to Pila staying at Plan Bois or Wagrain staying at Haus Hubertus/Hotel Wagrainerhof which look better priced than I can sort myself.

Flight seem good to various locations in Italy, Innsbruck, Geneva, or Oslo which opens too many options...but accommodation seems difficult to find. My wife has expressed an interest in self-catering in Italy but I think that half board may make her see if she enjoys skiing as an activity, with one less thing to do.

Our only experience is Obergurl which I booked myself staying in a hotel, half-board, with pool - which the kids really enjoyed.

Question - Wagrain or Pila as a second trip location?
And why the lack of accommodation (looking at booking.com and airbnb generally), is it already booked or is it not listed yet for next year?

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flight to Innsbruck if price is reasonable (our half term is earlier and flight to Innsbruck is prohibitively expensive for us). If prices are reasonable then book those now.
So many options from there.
Hire car and drive? San Vigilio is 90 minutes drive. Kronplatz ski area. Self cater and eat out. Lots of good quality choices. Prices vary.
We choose a more expensive apartment as it is 50 yards from the ski lift and a very very short walk to restaurants and supermarket.
Tourist information will supply a list of accommodation.
Plenty of other resorts available. If you are finding accommodation difficult to locate, you might just be a bit early for a DIY trip. If using a Tour Operator it may be different.
I would first check your half term dates.
Then book flights.
Then book an estate car with Winter tyres included and an option to cancel without penalty (these options should be pretty well automatic)
Then choose a resort.
Then contact the Tourist Information (email in English or just phone them)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy