Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Janvril

Poster: A snowHead
Incredible conditions around the Northern Alpine ridge at the moment. If you can get to Engelberg this weekend for example it’ll be deep powder down to the valley!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C53SnjmIdEI/?igsh=dWRhNng5N2ZjM3Y=

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C53xk5JNcbH/?igsh=N2U4MGMwdWQ0czBt
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Screenshot-2024-04-18-092959

Things aren't looking too shabby further east either. Snow line sitting around 700m on the trees above my office.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowing down in Interlaken this morning, that's below 600m.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm going skiing this weekend ....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm going skiing in a few minutes!
The webcams do look pretty murky, but similarly the last couple of days and then the visibility got a lot better as the day went on.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hope you get the goods

You jammy bar stewards Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sometimes boot deep powder on piste in Val Thorens yesterday, with the snow line down to 1,000m. First time I’ve felt cold this winter.

It’s still snowing this morning in Les Arcs, with great skiing and so-so viz. Last day of my winter today, and it’s been a terrific week, with a taste of both summer and winter conditions!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Powder in the 3V today.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
VT looking good then @rob@rar, ? I'm off there on Saturday. Forecast certainly doesn't scream Spring skiing, but I guess cold is better.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@TheMikeSki, VT is currently looking stunning!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mike Pow, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh b=====ks

I’m in the office

In England
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Unfortunately, all we've had down this way are uber cold temps and strong winds.

Quite crazy given all the Highest ever temp records that were broken over the weekend in the Hautes Alpes 05 & 04.

A friend with his group of Swedish mates are here for a week touring & LG with a La Grave Guide we all know and in his words it's been "absolute shite" and the guide told me this morning, as we were nagging about other stuff (Foiling), "I cancelled today and had my worst day skiing yesterday since many years…."

I've ventured out yesterday up the Granon way and I was quite optimistic that I'd ski some spring snow or even dust on crust, as even though it's cold the sun is very strong now.

Starting out was good but after an hour wind along with cloud increased, so was nigh on a blizzard and Ullr started cowering, so it was a quick tactical retreat.

As you can see pockets of wind-blown along with scoured hardpack tinged with Saharan sand Sad

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have tomorrow off work, so will be in Hintertux sampling the powder as well as Sunday, before I fly to the UK on Sunday for a week.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Skiing virtually all day in Tignes and cold with it. Great winter powder on and off piste over the knee in places.
snow conditions
Verbier has had really nice knee deep powder around Mont Fort (although chasing the visibility at times) yesterday and today with virtually no people around - an unexpected bonus for the last week of the season.
snow report
Heating back on in Les Chosaletes.

All this snow and cold is playing havoc with the spring touring and grand mountaineering plans.

My guide chum has had the 2 best Vallee Blanche runs of the season today and yesterday.

Probably more of the same tomorrow.
ski holidays
Alltime conditions for closing weekend Cool

http://youtube.com/v/L5elEKtBppM
snow report
^^wow!

We spent the week in our place in the Aravis at 1300m and had snow every day, even flurries on Saturday as we were leaving. No skiing, just working on the house. But we saw a half-dozen cars park by our house full of people who were ski touring. It was 20 last Sunday, then 0 starting on Wednesday...our neighbor said maybe more snow this coming week.
latest report
Yep VT had some of the best and driest snow I've hit all winter
And apparently set to snow through to 2 May.
snow conditions
Condition in Zermatt today; cold, snowy and powdery Very Happy
snow conditions
Yahooooooooooooooo
ski holidays
Seeing a lot of good envious stuff out there from mates on Strava, and even around here some Scandis, who have been prepared to tolerate the brutal conditions (strong freezing winds) have been scoring cold snow above 2,400.

And the forecast is for the cold weather to continue well into next week!

Normally at this time of year it's ski-touring one day and cycling the next, and nigh on unbroken sunshine.

Yesterday gambled on the forecast being a little wrong in terms of temperature & wind as there wasn't a cloud in the sky first thing or wind, so hoped that the strength of the sun would counter the lower-than-average temps, and used the E-mtb to access a valley and then up to the snowline and then skin along a ridge, Crête de Dormillouse, that marks the frontier for some spring-snow early afternoon.

As I was starting to skin so more cloud bubbled up and it was as if everywhere else was sunny and I was under this cloud, which was not helping the all-important transformation so I continued along the ridge to the 4th little summit hoping that the cloud would disperse.

Then I could hear voices, and as I suspected when I neared the top I could then see and hear more a group of Italians coming up from their side and the snow on their aspect looked way better than what I had to ski Sad

In the end was not too bad once I was on the main descent.

Only looks like one possible decent weather window this week, at least with these temps snow is not disappearing!
snow conditions
Today Programme just outlining Copernicus European Centre analysis of temps increasing at twice rate of rest of world - increased air temp means air can hold far more moisture so more rain …I’ve certainly seen far more rain messing up snow pack in dec to feb than 20 years ago….fortunate low temps right now so interesting end of season
ski holidays
My daughter reckons icicles are the best thing about Spring
ski holidays
brilliant
latest report
@BobinCH, excellent - beware lightning strikes…….gapow!
ski holidays
It’s almost the norm for April to deliver much more reliable skiing than January, at altitude.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Has been for some time
snow conditions
More snow this week. Could be threatening records for end of season…
latest report
@BobinCH, it would be interesting to see data from a lower altitude. So many reports this winter of doom and green fields, yet at 2000m that chart shows above average snow depths for most of the winter, other than slightly below average during February. I know that snow depth is not the only measure of how good the winter has been, but that chart and the all too frequent headlines this season don’t line up at all. For me, the most enjoyable skiing I’ve had this winter, mostly in Les Arcs, was in December and April, exceeding expectations for conditions I’d expect for those months. I think that’s a similar story to the data in that chart.
ski holidays
Hmmm Marinelli couloir would be an epic way to finish the season snowHead
ski holidays
@rob@rar, and it’s even more pronounced at 2500m and above
latest report
Hmmm
latest report
Go steady Bob, there's a thread running called
Last day-itus......just a thought!
ski holidays
Crazy Foehn turning the snow to mush @2000m today!

Need the dump this week to freshen things up and then time to head high!
latest report
Looking at the snowfall chart the great season 98/99 the main snowfall came all at once over two/three weeks at the right time of the season end Jan/Feb(cold) very similar set up to the last two weeks just shows what can happen if the stars align.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy