Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have always wanted to ski with my grandchildren before l can’t. Next year Easter is very late, and looking at webcams for this year we really need to go high! If we went at half term Feb could anyone suggest a resort with good snow for beginners and red run skiers (inc children) with a nice family feel and enough snow in resort, hopefully to sledge, snowball fight, and build a snowman? And a good ski school. Parents and us will ski as it comes because it is all about the little folk having fun. We would look at getting a large family apartment/ chalet and self cater to keep the cost down and probably drive. Plus l get a warm fuzzy glow…..
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’d go in the first week of the Easter holidays assuming that is 5th April. La Rosiere and Montgenevre are excellent family resorts with good ski schools and a good late season snow record. If you look the webcams now La rosiere has cover to resort level and most runs are above that. Montgenevre still has good cover on its north side. The south side would normally be open till the end of that week. These two resorts would also be good at half term as they are both linked to Italian resorts which would be less busy in Uk half term.
I’d recommend Peak Retreats for self drive including Eurotunnel Flexiplus.
Val cenis would be another option but probably better for half term if you want to build snowmen.
Sainte foy is family oriented but the on piste ski area is smaller
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I agree with @snowymum - Easter will be less crowded, and less expensive and the drive down much less manic than half term. Not sure about La Rosiere, where slopes are south facing - very sunny. I've only been in January. At Easter I'd probably aim for somewhere higher. Tignes Val Claret, for example, where there are excellent ski schools for the kids (worth seeking out small groups).

There were some positive reports this last half term of Valloire - a resort with a lot fewer Brits and sounds to have been good at Easter this year.

I'd agree with your plan to drive and self-cater, and Peak Retreats have a good range of accommodation. Eurotunnel Flexiplus is good - and kids will love the dash around filling bags with goodies - but does add quite a bit of extra cost and is not as vital at Easter as it is at half term.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Valloire, Valmeinier or Val Cenis at half term (non get stupidly overcrowded) or Val Cenisat Easter due to the north facing slopes.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy