Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

London Snow Show -Edited - New Code

Poster: A snowHead
Free tickets now available using code SOCIAL

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 27-04-24 21:17; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks! Myself and the better/shorter half are booked in!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is the Birmingham one wound up now?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Half the pitches at the last one in Birmingham seemed to be for charities that were pretty pushy to get annual subscriptions, or others whose relevance to snowsports was non-existent. Put me off going again to be honest. I've got a couple of freebie tickets to the London show, but will be keeping an eye on which exhibitors are going to have stalls there.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes last couple were really bad but back in the old daily mail show days we had no internet pricing and it was worth having your own skis and bags etc, guess it's just outdated now.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Free tickets now available using code SOCIAL

Thanks, tickets booked.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Timc, cheers, tickets booked for myself and daughters, fortunately it is a relatively easy journey on the "lizzie line" for me into the excel centre.

worth it for us just for the several free lift passes from Hemel to use up before end of December, you can garner, presuming they are there this year i suppose.

it does look like they have changed their booking policy, as it is only two tickets per booking, and with each ticket needed to be assigned to an attendee, whereas last year i could just book 8 weekend entry tickets without any problem.

i can understand the rationale behind it, as i suppose the potential exhibitors will want to know an approximate number of attendees before committing to the event. as i presume the majority of the applicants this time round will attend if you have to assign tickets, whereas previously you could just book several tickets in case you could find people who may be interested.

or they are trying to make it look more selective than before Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
Is the Birmingham one wound up now?
Yes rolling eyes The one in 2021 was good; 2022 was decent; but 2023 was (as described by @MajorQ) very poor. Half the size of the previous year and it felt like hardly any snowsports-related stands at all. The talks on the main stage were good though.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hopefully this time they will bring back the proper practice slope rather than the rotating one which massively limited the number of people who could use it. Boys wanted to try out snowboarding but the queue was large and very slow moving.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
terrygasson wrote:

it does look like they have changed their booking policy, as it is only two tickets per booking, and with each ticket needed to be assigned to an attendee, whereas last year i could just book 8 weekend entry tickets without any problem.

i can understand the rationale behind it, as i suppose the potential exhibitors will want to know an approximate number of attendees before committing to the event. as i presume the majority of the applicants this time round will attend if you have to assign tickets, whereas previously you could just book several tickets in case you could find people who may be interested.

or they are trying to make it look more selective than before Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

I think they are trying to harvest contacts for their database to spam with other events as “assigning” seems to need the assignees email address.

We’d only go if not doing something better that day or there’s something specific to see. But looks like they may have more major ski brands there which has been severely lacking since the show moved away from Battersea.

At least the food at excel looks better than the appalling fare offered up at the NEC.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

At least the food at excel looks better than the appalling fare offered up at the NEC

just hope they offer more choices of beer than last year, think it was some kind of peach flavoured hipster muck Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great. Thanks.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Revised code OFFER until 30/4.

No doubt fourther offers will follow. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There will be plenty of freebie codes.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thought about attending, but the logistics of getting there are just ridiculous.

Silly prices for trains, or alternative of parking miles away and long tube journeys.
Quite frankly, I doubt it would be worth the expense of a tank of petrol, let alone the 5-6 hours traveling.
snow report
It's even less worth it from the North East, at least with the NEC it was only a few hours driving with parking onsite.
snow conditions
RichardB wrote:
It's even less worth it from the North East, at least with the NEC it was only a few hours driving with parking onsite.

Also less worth it for me in the East Midlands. I'd rather put the money saved by not going towards an extra day on the slopes..... Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Yeah we have tickets but still not sure if we will bother. I presume they think that the number of people in London that wouldn't bother going to the NEC but will go locally is much more than all around the rest of the country that won't go now.

Last time it driving it only cost us around £30 between parking + electric but to get to London by train its £120 - Can save a bit by faffing about and driving to London and then getting the above ground in etc but its a pain.
snow report
Quote:

Half the size of the previous year and it felt like hardly any snowsports-related stands at all.

I bought a new pair of skis and a holiday at healthy discounts. Does ice climbing count as snowsport?

The excel centre is probably a lot less expensive than the NEC for the organisors, but like a lot of people here I will not be going. Thinking about it it probably costs less to visit an exhibition in the Palexo in Geneva than going to London. The last time I flew to Geneva it cost £70 return. The last time on the train to London it was £155.
snow report
before it moved to the excel last year, i had done it the other way round for a couple of years, and made a weekend of it in B'rum for me and my two daughters, to be honest i wouldn't have gone back if it was still at the NEC.

obviously, being in London makes it more south east centric, just a shame for anyone further north that it seems like it is not viable to have an additional venue
ski holidays
johnE wrote:
The last time I flew to Geneva it cost £70 return. The last time on the train to London it was £155.

Another reason they’ll need to give tickets away.
snow report
terrygasson wrote:
Quote:

At least the food at excel looks better than the appalling fare offered up at the NEC

just hope they offer more choices of beer than last year, think it was some kind of peach flavoured hipster muck Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

That was the same at the NEC the previous year too, we made sure to make good use of the various freebie tipples on offer at the Excel last year
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy