Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens - please help me get my bearings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Very late season trip coming up on the 20th April in VT. Never been there before, so trying to work out where things are in relation to the apartment please.

We are staying in Residence Les Balcons de Val Thoren, and would like to know how to get to, for example, the Peclet lift, or Pionniers? Can we ski there? The rest of the piste map seems to fall into place once we get to either of these 2 lifts. Maybe I'm wrong.

Also, we arrive early/mid afternoon on the Saturday, but lift pass not live until the Sunday - is there any way to access a few lifts just for an hour or 2 on the Saturday, rather than pay for a full day pass?

Cheers all.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This map should help. Pionniers is the lift that is right next to Castor & Pollux

The Musaraigne, Campagnols and Castor & Pollux magic carpets are free and don't require a lift pass.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On @VTSkier's map, I think you'll be the turqoiuse no 1 building?

If so, easy enough to get to lifts - walk along Rue des Balcons towards the end on the right bit of that map, and you can join a ski track there to either straight down past Castor & Pollux, or go back on yourself on a track parallel to Rue de la Boucle, to join a blue slope and come out at the bottom of Musaraigne.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@VTSkier, good map, cheers. Looks like we can jump on Plein sud and continue via La Val Tho to ski to the main lifts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@fixx, Thanks - that seems to make sense.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We stayed in that building about 8 years ago. I seem to recall they were some wooden steps around the side of one of the opposite buildings that would let you get on to one of the easy blue runs through the town. Not ideal with ski boots, but not too bad.
There is also the free town bus that picks up and drops off there.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Nemeziss, thanks for that, useful to know.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@TheMikeSki, if you're arriving 20 April, I think that only Val Thorens/Orelle will be open. On the basis, I'm pretty sure nothing will be open beyond Plein Sud in that direction.

I think there's a cheap pass on Saturdays that you can order online.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@sugarmoma666, Thanks for that - I'll have a look at the Saturday pass. We have 2 or 3 hours avaliable, so the magic carpets will get a bit boring pretty quickly. Yes, only VT/Orelle open I think. Maybe Meribel and Courchevel until 21st.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@TheMikeSki, there's also the beginners pass, which gives you access to the Caron and Cairn gondolas plus the Les 2 Lacs and Cascades chairs. I think that's €32.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@TheMikeSki, @sugarmoma666, there is also a 4-hour version of the beginners pass, at €29.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ecureuil, that's useful to know. Cheers.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy