Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids summer ski camps

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know of any? It's for my 12 year old son who's really enjoying skiing now and would love a weeks skiing either in June or in the summer holidays.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Abroad or in a snow dome / artificial slope in the UK?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Where are you?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry, I'm in the UK and I'm looking for something in resort, anywhere worldwide, not snow dome. I've googled and found an old skivo one in les deux alpes for example. I guess it's no longer running as it says 2021.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Nicfrog15, snoworks do summer race camps in Tignes. Not sure if that’s what you had in mind?
I did one a few years ago and it was very enjoyable but quite humbling! They had groups for all sorts - kids, has beens/never will bes (like me), aspiring Euro racers etc
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Or you could look at Chile/Argentina if you want to go somewhere where it’s actually winter. Would be a lot more £££ obviously but a great experience
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kandahar racing have lots of options for juniors
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
worldwide ?
go to Aus or New Zealand
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Glaciers are getting less reliable in the summer unfortunately, so best having a back up plan if that's where you're thinking of sending him. Is it regular ski school, racing, freestyle?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for everything so far, great suggestions. Kandahar racing looks amazing!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ideally he'd get into racing I think, he says he'd like to and does get bored in ski school or pootling around with us.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I guess joining a local club on a dry slope would be a great start.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CDC and APR are doing a joint camp to Chile this year. There's probably a few options in Saas Fee, also Austrian Race Camps. I don't think Snowworks have done junior race for a few years but that's a possibility. There's also snow dome camps in Europe with Unique snowsports. Worth looking at BSA (saas fee?) too. ARA usually do a dryslope/watersports camp in Norwich which mine thoroughly enjoyed (not live in). ESF Alp d'Huez ran race camps at les 2 alpes in the past (also not live in). PM me if you need help with acronyms!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
But if he's never tried racing before probably best trying a session at your nearest dryslope or snowdome before committing to a whole camp!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
+1 for the dryslope route.. learning takes time, much much more than just a week.
snow report
Thanks again. We're local to snozone Castleford and he's on the waiting list for British lions but that will be at least 2 years until he can start they say. No other dry slopes are accessible unless perhaps we could find a weeks holiday club and stay nearby.
latest report
Canuck wrote:
I don't think Snowworks have done junior race for a few years but that's a possibility.

I did my race thing (when there were kids around) 5 or 6 years ago so quite possible that they’ve changed the offer since then
ski holidays
Most of the race teams will do open training camps in May HT and the summer, some on dry slopes and a few at Chill Factore. Because it’s expensive in the UK or difficult to book venues, they tend to do most of the summer camps in Holland. Be aware though that at his age he will be a u14, so there will be a lot of good kids on these camps who have been racing regularly for many years.
latest report
Arno wrote:
Canuck wrote:
I don't think Snowworks have done junior race for a few years but that's a possibility.

I did my race thing (when there were kids around) 5 or 6 years ago so quite possible that they’ve changed the offer since then

The problems with the Tignes glacier will have made a difference to what Snoworks can run.
latest report
CDC are also running a camp in Saas Fee in July (as well as a week in the snow dome at Peer in Belgium). I don’t think that the Chile trip would be a good first time camp option, but their European camps often attract less regular racers.
latest report
rjs wrote:
Arno wrote:
Canuck wrote:

The problems with the Tignes glacier will have made a difference to what Snoworks can run.

been a lot of snow this year fingers x'd it will help out.
Uniq run regular camps during school holidays
ski holidays
@Baron von chippy, The two lifts that you would have wanted to use for an introduction to racing have been removed.
snow conditions
@rjs, ah ok the 2 T bars?
ski holidays
I'm pretty sure they're just seasonal? Thought I saw the t-bar supports the other day but didn't really take notice them.
ski holidays
I've only skied the glacier in summer once, that was a good while ago. When I did they had a good park area, bumps and loads of gates set up for teams and clubs.
latest report
Ski Zenit run race camps in Saas Fee. They often have a real mix of abilities with some the kids being very high performers, and some new to ski racing. Can't recommend them highly enough. Contact them through their website and I'm sure they will help you out.

PS - even if the snow is not good (one week my daughter only got up the hill for one morning) the experience is great with lots of sporting activities. If you are serious about improvement I would consider booking 2 weeks.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy