Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2023/24 Season round Up

Poster: A snowHead
That’s my season done and dusted. snowHead

2 week-long trips, Lech in Jan and San Cassiano in early March, then 2 long weekends later in March to Zermatt and VDI-Tignes.

Some good skiing and great memories but on all of those trips the snow was plentiful but soft. Such a warm winter.

On the plus side, 8 flights and not a single delay
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like a good season really... Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've not even started mine, for various reasons, but off to VT on Saturday for a late season blast.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Twas over too soon - Zell am See/Saalbach & Tignes . . .will probably do a rinse & repeat next season. Note to self - must join gym and get stronger/fitter!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Two trips: 13 days over Christmas and 11 over Easter in Les Arcs. The snow was everthing from powder (Easter) to rock hard (Christmas) with slush and excellent pistes as well. 22 days of skiing and not a rock, or stone encountered. Plus some ice climbing in Gressony in between. A good season IMHO
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Two trips - Christmas week (Les Coches) and Easter week (Les Menuires).

Got lucky with conditions this year after some relatively bad ones and had two superb trips with lots of good off piste.

As mentioned in one of my TR's we are reaping then benefits of taking the kids when they were young - now they are young adults, we can rip it up together.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A week at half term in Grand Massif - above average temps, no snow below 1500mm, but still managed to find some fresh powder on two days
4 days in early March in Grand Massif - 10yrs old racing in the French U12 Etoile d'Or Nationals so I got to be the PA to the budding Tomba. But we still got some really good piste skiing and watching him race and come mid-field in his first ever proper competition was great.
9 days over Easter in Grand Massif, Chamonix and La Cluzas - lots of Spring snow, but some lovely freeride in-between courtesy of the "Customary Early April Dump"

All in, not a bad season, considering I was in an NHS hospital with pretty bad sepsis and 41.4C body temperature, pumped up with 3 different kind of antibiotics on the 17th Dec 2023...

Roll on 2024/25 and I just want a bit more snow below 1500m. The Etoile d'Or Finals will be in Val Thorens, so that should be interesting - a new resort to ski in...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just me for a week in Georgia, I put up a trip report here. Wife felt no need to go (and went elsewhere for other things), D1 didn’t want to take time away from revision, D2 couldn’t shake the effects of torn ankle ligaments nearly a year previously so finally she didn’t go with school to Sauze; but she was quite unimpressed with them the year before so wasn’t upset.

Hoping next year is better.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Levi at new year with family, second coldest in 100 years, -36 on car one day. Only skied 3 out of 5 days because of it. Magical but cant help feeling hard done by with extended cold snap.

Arc 2000 early feb with lads, looking back it was fantastic piste skiing, no cloud or wind all week. But mostly closed off and very icy off piste, same week as swiss wall deaths.

Mottaret over easter holidays, good first few days, then wind, then snow and bad viz.

Plenty of dry slope and fridge camps booked for the summer and pleased about not having to worry about what the conditions might be like. Although I expect I will be ready to risk the weather conditions again once we are done with those.

Next year we are staying home for Christmas but will be looking at Welsh or English champs if I think daughter is ready for it and then probably a glacier trip late April. snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Two trips: A week in Söll in the last week of January, and another week at the end of February in Sölden. A week of rain in Söll two weeks previously had washed away a lot of overall snow coverage, and away from the (excellently) managed slopes it looked very green. Coupled with warm temperatures, lower slopes did feel like skiing on mashed potato at times. Sölden, with higher altitudes, was totally different. Some of the best skiing I've ever done, incredible scenery, very busy apres/nightlife and an excellent overall atmosphere made for one of the best holidays I've had. Certain bottleneck slopes could be busy at times, and home runs could be chewed up at the end of the day, but to be expected really. Managed a day's skiing in Obergurgl with the Ötztal ski pass, and was impressed enough that I've booked a week there for 2025.

Overall, very happy with the two weeks, and introduced a mate to the joy of wintersports who is now a complete convert, and coming to Obergurgl. Confirmed my love of Austria as a snowsports destination.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
37 ski days this season. All in Andorra. This is the lowest amount I've done since I've lived here mainly due to the poor conditions earlier in the season. If I went out on Saturday, sometimes I decided it wasn't worth going out Sunday too (apart from holidays, I only ski weekends). My season started on 25th November but this was a false start as rain later that week stopped everything reopening. Finished last Saturday which is my earliest finish since I've lived here.

First time I've done any touring this season which was good fun - night tours. I'm now eyeing up getting my own kit.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Worst year ever Sad

One hour skiing and then I got taken out. One broken arm later and the season was over.

Better luck next year Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Two lucky weeks. End of Jan, Serre Che. Snow on the day we arrived and cracking skiing all week. Dad got to ski post ankle fusion and had a free pass but my new skis did get pinched.. Second week was Easter In Les Coches (Paradiski) Again, great snow. Fresh dumps on a few days no terrible weather and lots of fresh tracks. Not too busy either.
Drove out both times, no delays, no dramas. We even passed D1 on her school coach trip to Italy on the Autoroute at Chambery which was hilarious!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rode for 110 days.

Got a Hollywood tan.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Trip to La Plagne in January - crowded but the snow was good until the last day when it became very icy across the resort.

Just returned from La Plagne again where it was empty and we skied the best late season snow I have ever encountered.

All in all in good season.
ski holidays
Not a great year.

Plan: New year in Ste Foy then 5 weeks in Morillon. Home for half term, then back to Ste Foy for 3 weeks
Actual: 7 days in Ste Foy, then a dislocated and fractured shoulder for Mrs NBT put paid to skiing. Spent a week in Morillon just relaxing as we were meeting family, then came home. Mrs NBT then said I should do one more week with friends, so I spent Easter in Tignes. The skiing we (I) managed was fabulous, as we had fresh snow all round in what turned out to be a season rather short on snowfall
latest report
Whitegold wrote:
Rode for 110 days.

Got a Hollywood tan.

Did they have 110 days of skiing in Bansko?
snow conditions
Interesting season , Loads of promise with heavy snowfall ruined by tropical rain , I sound like a broken record but the warm sectors in every front were 4c warmer than they should or usually are , El Niño or global warming we shall see next season .

Managed about 30 days over the season , timing not great as managed to miss all of the good powder days in Dec/Jan and Feb what little there were , only one good day touring on spring snow in Feb !

Our March Guide trip was ruined by the forhn , no place to hide as no snow in the trees obviously up high the wind buggered everything up , this was tempered by one great day heli skiing in La Thuille in between the forhn , actually crept in my top five

So for me only really about two really good days over the season but before I get my privileged back bottom kicked , every day in the mountains are great and I'm lucky to have so many .

As an aside Snow depths in the high mountain on the alpine ridge are phenomenal
snow report
BobinCH wrote:
Whitegold wrote:
Rode for 110 days.

Got a Hollywood tan.

Did they have 110 days of skiing in Bansko?

Or, indeed, Blackpool?
ski holidays
December-managed 1.5 days then fractured humerus on a blue run in VT. Boohoo! I didn't cash in my season pass.

Back to France on Boxing day and spent 5 weeks not skiing. Mr P had a great time including a couple of full days and half days with a local instructor OP in great snow while I took long walks with dog, met up for lunch and went to physio. Still had a great time despite the arm. Just being in the mountains was great

9th March-13 weeks and 6 days post accident- back on skis for 6 days-whoop whoop!
Then back again over easter for 2 weeks-mixed conditions but a couple of cracking days skiing fresh snow.

Not exactly the season I had planned or hoped for, but it ended on a high note. Roll on next winter!!
snow conditions
TheMikeSki wrote:
I've not even started mine, for various reasons, but off to VT on Saturday for a late season blast.

Started skiing. Sunday at 8.50am, before the lifts even started, slipped on ice and broke collar bone in 2 places. Plates and screws in it within 8 hours or so. Buggered before i started.

Roll on next season.
latest report
@TheMikeSki, bloody hell that is crap
latest report
@Layne, yeah, had better trips! First world problems, but I'm pretty gutted!
ski holidays
Season round - up? Friends living in Grindelwald are skiing full gas, knee deep powder, empty mountain. Not over until the fat lady sings........
latest report
not bad at all...
St. Anton 2
Chatel 1
LesMenuires 6
oberjoch 3
chamrousse 6
Zürs 1
Les Gets 1
Avoriaz 7

I think 27 in total....really annoying that i lost the December because of Covid...(each one from the family for one week)
snow report
Pass ends 15th May, will update after then! snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy