Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where are piste conditions good. Last minute trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We will stay in Chatillon, can't ignore the prices of those apartments there! Which of above offer blues and nice reds? I'm travelling with my son and know can handle some of Cervinia's reds. By looking at the ski map La Thuile looks ok whereas Champoluc has lots of reds.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@snowyc, TBH from Chatillon to Courmayeur is mainly motorway (and NOT cheap payage!) in just about an hour. The road up to Champoluc is twisty, slow, and not so easy. Both have merits for skiing, and looking at Courmayeur https://www.snoweye.com/?resort=it_courmayeur the conditions look lovely.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@snowyc, Cervinia, Pila and up the Gondola (but not the resort runs) in La Thuile all have nice gentle pistes for beginners

See Peter Ross' recent report of bringing his 4 year old to a lot of those places (except Cervinia)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks everyone, I think the plan is to go to Cervinia on Friday and we'll then decide what's next. Monday (before the return flight) we may do something closer to France or if weather is good maybe something around Chamonix.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’ve decided to go the other way - Innsbruck flights booked, and off to Mayrhofen tomorrow morning. Looks like it will get more snow than the south side, at the risk of a claggy day on Sunday.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We had a great day in Cervinia, a bit warm but I like it here, even the reds are manageable for my son. Tomorrow the weather seems questionable, I'm thinking about going the other ways La thuile or Pila. Am I correct Pila is better for overcast and snowy day? Looks to me as more runs are around trees.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@snowyc, I TOLD you it wouldn't close due to wind Very Happy

Yes Pila would be better in flat light, the blacks and red / blue from the gondola station down in La Thuile are through trees but the bulk of the skiing area is above it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We went to Pila yesterday and I have to admit I enjoyed it. I like big resorts like Cervinia but I really liked the slopes in Pila. We also went to the ski shop next to bottom station and it was huge and didn't looke like tourist oriented. Really well equipped!

Anyway, as I posted in Cervinie thread, today was very windy. Tomorrow we are driving towards Geneva so looking for something windproof. Thinking about La thuile or Grand montets but don't know what kind of wind to expect. When I looked at cervinias weather in the morning I couldn't see any sign of 80kmh blasts.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We've arrived in Davos tonight and conditions look pretty good.

It's long been a favourite of mine for late season skiing plus a civilised atmosphere on piste and in town
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
1st day in the hof and conditions look amazing, blue sky, fresh snow yesterday and -8 on the hill. Forecast is good with overnight freezing temps, and mostly cool in the day with a top up of snow later this week…….if it warms up u have the insurance of the glacier at hintertux…… conditions look better than the same week last year…
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy