Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Probably one of the best Spring Ski Tours ever

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Absolutely magical today, when you get Spring Snow like this it's as good as powder, well almost Toofy Grin

I'd toured on my tod in that sector yesterday and when looking back-up could see that there was more snow than you'd usually expect (which is the theme for this season at altitude), so today was a case of taking advantage of that, skiing South facing lines that would normally be rock.

And with us was a guy only on his second ski-tour, and had never experienced Spring Snow chasing after you, which can be quite alarming as you'll hear, not once but twice Laughing

Vid is longer than usual but shows how superb it was, as well as giving you a flavour of what Spring Ski Touring is all about and how if you're a competent, and fit piste skier it's something that's very accessible, and it's breathtaking being out in that environment all on your own seeing no-one else.

You'll hear me talking to the OH, and we're doing that via the Cardo comms system, and it work's really well especially when skiing new terrain and you're not 100% what you might come across, again as you'll see and hear!

http://youtube.com/v/io9A3m9gZ6g

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 16-03-24 22:55; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sweet
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks great fun
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The guy we introduced to ski touring has written a couple of blogs for us.

First one is about his first tour
https://stylealtitude.com/a-first-time-backcountry-experience-ski-blog.html

and then the second about his second one
https://stylealtitude.com/ski-tour-slackcountry-ski-blog.html

Unfortunately, he's been off-games all this week as he had a cancerous lump taken out of his nose, which was luckily spotted by a doctor when he accompanied his wife to see a Doctor after she bust her wrist!!

So he's missed out on another four descents down there, though different routes.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy