Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dalbello Lupo Lean Angle

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I have a problem getting forward enough in my Dalbello Lupo AX 120 boots. It appears it has a fairly upright lean angle. Now I can push my hips/shins etc. to crank them forward, but just wondered if anybody has these, or a similar upright boot, and has tried either using a 'puck' inbetween the liner and boot at the back (I haven't yet, but am trying this next time skiing) or has tried one of the aftermarket walk mode modifications (extended lever or external boot shim) to help create more lean?

Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used to have these boots and now have the 130C which is just a narrower last.
I agree they are more upright than I was used to which took a little adjustment but honestly I think that is a general feature of modern non-race boots. For some time I have been using two pairs of boots (for a variety of reasons) the others are Full Tilt Classics (really a VERY old design - same molds as the Raichle Flexon from the 80s!) and I had the FT's set up for max forward lean (there is an adjustment insert similar to what you are suggesting).
Funnily enough I JUST changed that insert to make the boots more upright so they are more similar to the Lupos. It makes swapping between them easier. I guess my point is that once you are adjusted to the more upright stance it works well (a bit less work on the quads but I can still get forward pressure when I need it).
That said, the lean adjustment in the FTs (a three piece cabrio design that the Lupos are derived from) DOES work by placing an insert between the rear cuff and the clog so I could see it working on the Lupos provided that the walk/ski lock can accommodate it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've got the Lupo AX HD and these are also pretty upright. Mine came with some spoilers which velcro to the back of the liner at the top of the boot. I do use these, having found I prefer the additional forward lean, and they work fine.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies. I have another trip soon so will try the puck which is velcroed between liner and shell.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Put the spoiler in the front, you're just making things worse putting it in the back
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@CH2O, definitely not, goes at the back, there's a velcro pad for it, and increases the lean angle. It's a sort of shaped pad which came with the boots.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
doesn't mean it's right, we swap it over in 90% of cases, forget what they tell you and do what's right for you
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@CH2O, thanks, will try at the back and see to start with, then may try as you suggest. I can see your point in that putting it at the front would also make forward boot pressure, and thereby ski tip etc. pressure, easier to apply with this boot's lean angle.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So rare that what you describe requires what is prescribed. Not unknown. Good luck, use extremes to test, loads in the front, loads in the back it will help decide.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have the Dalbello Lupo Air 130 and had the same issue at first - felt like I was skiing standing bolt upright and struggled to get forward. This isn't going to be a very helpful post because my solution was to just persevere and now a few years later and a combination of getting used to them, liners packing/plastic softening(?) and being a better skier they ski really nicely! I now find my other alpine boots super soft and floppy.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ficklefisher wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I have another trip soon so will try the puck which is velcroed between liner and shell.

Ah sorry - didn't realise that's what you meant by the puck. That's a different approach to the wedge insert between clog and rear shell cuff.

I thought those velcro in things were just for reducing volume if you have skinny calves
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@jedster, no worries...there are some solutions which suggest a wedge as you say to elevate the walk mode lever, and there is also a replacement after-market extended walk-mode lever to again do the same and increase the lean angle. Both make walk mode trickier to disengage/engage. Will try the cheapest option first though as a few weeks skiing on them hasn't got me forward enough!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy