Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton Ride share and ski buddy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all, I'm solo skiing for the first time this year. I've been been let down by all me mates here but I love skiing so much and really want to go. So, I'm planning on a trip to St Anton. Heading out on the 31st of March and staying till the 3rd of April. (Just a short break)

Currently, the whole trip hangs on being able to get a transfer from Innsbruck Airport to the accommodation in Pettneu on the 31st, and then from there to Zurich Airport on the 3rd. It's so expensive! Shocked
If anyone wants to ride-share a taxi on those dates then I'll be massively grateful! Very Happy

The reason I'm not getting the train is that I want to maximise my time on the slopes as I'm only there for 3 nights. I'm getting an early flight out and a late flight home specifically for that reason.

Also, I'm more than happy to buddy up with someone for some or all of the duration (if you'll have me). I've never been to St Anton so could do with a guide or a like-minded explorer.
I'm a 42 year old male, a fearless intermediate skier and savagely good looking.

Seriously though, any info you can give me would be much appreciated Cool
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@MarkyP, I doubt going by car will save much time. For Pettneu take the 4242 bus from Landeck station (connects with the trains all on one €18.80 VVT ticket from the airport), a number of stops in Pettneu so almost certainly near where you are staying. For the return get ski storage at one of the spots at Galzig - main village lift station (Jennewein good but Alber & Intersport no different simply for ski storage). There are lockers at the station for bags (takes coins), you can get changed in the toilets there too. On your departure day put bags at the station and you can simply ski back to Galzig and wander over to the station. To maximise skiing on the arrival day take the train to the station (which is 5 minutes walk to Galzig) and leave bags there until evening and then ski bus to Pettneu.

It has got silly expensive, not far off €1000 for a weekend trip for me now. Pettneu is good, a rather old fashioned vibe and the bar (Fredls) has reopened. These days I use the trains (& buses) quicker and easier than car.

For getting around ask on the Arlberg thread for some tips and maybe find someone else who will be around, I guess Easter weekend should see a few visitors (note Easter Monday is very popular with locals often crazy busy)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks very much for the reply mate! I'll look into trains a bit more then. Much appreciated Eh oh! Eh oh!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy