Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FOR SALE; ABS VARIO AVALANCHE BACKPACK with DA-KINE FREERIDE ZIP-ON and 2 BOTTLES/TRIGGERS

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone.

FOR SALE is my ABS VARIO AVALANCHE BACKPACK, with the DAKINE ZIP-ON PACK and ABS MINI PACK, 2 TRIGGERS, and 1 X CARBON CARTRIDGE and 1 X STEEL CARTRIDGE. Also included is a RIGHT HAND GRIP MOUNT PLATE

THE ABS PACKS ARE THE ORIGINAL AND POSSIBLY THE BEST AVALANCHE AIRBAGS; Yes there is a lot of conversation about electric packs but it appears to be the case the people who do a lot of skiing, and want a tried and tested system without having to worry about recharging and battery life etc still think gas cartridges are the way to go.

ABS airbag packs are highly regarded in with features like the metal waist buckles, and unique features like the option of a left or right handed trigger, and the TWINBAG SYSTEM. The Twin-bag system offers outstanding reliability and obvious safety advantages over having just one airbag.

This particular pack is used, but in EXCELLENT condition; I look after my equipment very very carefully!

Please note that the triggers have passed their use-by dates; you can buy replacement triggers for about £14 inc postage, but these ones will be ideal for test activations of the airbag.

I have weighed the cartridges on 23rd January 2024, and they pass the weight check (basically the weight is written on the cartridge. When you weigh them - without the end caps on - if you are within +/- 5 grammes of the weight on the label then they pass the test) so they are both full.

YOU CAN GET TRIGGER / CARTRIDGE EXCHANGES FROM NOBLE CUSTOM, A UK DEALER - YOU SIMPLY SEND THE USED ONES IN AND THEY WILL EXCHANGE FOR A NEW SET. Please contact me for contact details.

INCLUDED IN THIS SALE ARE

The ABS Vario Base Unit. This Base Unit contains the airbag system itself. It has an extremely comfortable harness system with leg strap, waist pocket, built-in instruction sheet, etc. The Airbag release cable can be mounted left or right, depending on which hand you prefer. Normally you would need to buy the other side trigger mount but this sale includes both the left and right side mount (the black and red thing you see on the right hand shoulder strap, and the spare is in the photo with all the extra parts. Once you decide which side you want the trigger on, you can use the opposite side for a hydration system, such as CamelBack or Source. You can see this in the photos on my left shoulder strap, and these can be swapped around if you want.

DaKine 15L zip-on day pack. IMHO this is the best size, looks and form factor of all the zip-ons that were available from all the different manufacturers, to fit the ABS Vario Base Units. It is the perfect size for free-riding, and can fit all the usual equipment; shovel, probe, spare lenses, spare thermal top, snack bars etc. I also used to carry a Leatherman, my wallet, a Zardoz Not-wax puck, snood, rope and sometimes even skins etc etc - plenty of room. The pack also has ski-carry cable and snowboard carry straps

ABS zip-on Mini Pack. This is the black zip on cover, you can actually use it for a very lightweight day pack, as you can store some small items in the internal pocket, and between the airbags in the base unit (this is where I used to carry my hydration pack)

1 x Carbon cartridge/cannister. This is obviously a really nice little thing, very lightweight, about half the weight of the steel cartridge. As mentioned above this has passed its use-by date, but is still full so it is ideal for practicing inflating the bag.

1 x metal cartridge/cannister. As mentioned above this has passed its use-by date, but is still full so it is ideal for practicing inflating the bag.

2 x triggers

Additional opposite side trigger mount. This is very easy to swap over on your own, just loosen a couple of screws

User manual

This is a rare opportunity to buy a very carefully looked after and fully featured and comprehensive freeride avalanche airbag system, with all the accessories you need, that will last you for years, that will look after you in those couloirs and steeps - there's plenty more powder left in the season!

Please message me with any questions; I prefer local collection, but if you really need me to look in to sending it via courier, please contact me, I estimate it will cost around £25-£30

PLEASE NOTE - I HAVE LOTS OF PICTURES, AND CAN'T WORK OUT HOW TO ADD THEM HERE; IN THE MEANTIME THIS IS THE LINK TO THE SALE ON THE 'OTHER SITE', SO YOU CAN SEE THE PICTURES HERE;
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166558281111

OBVIOUSLY I WOULD PREFER TO SELL HERE, AND I WILL DONATE TO SNOWHEADS AFTER ANY SALE.

PRICE = £280
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hi i have just been talking to you on ebay.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi there. Give me a call or message me on 07973 960641 and I’ll get in touch.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy