Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Favorite place in the Alps to snowboard?

Poster: A snowHead
i absolutely love both Livigno, Itay and Ischgl,Austria
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kaprun, Fieberbrunn.
Would like to try Livigno one day
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i guess no one wants to reveal where they go lol
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A little more meat on the bone might help - Why do you like Livigno or Ischgl?

I like all the stubby reds in and around Peisey after fresh snow as you can dip into the trees and take the trail lines.
I like Tignes as the snow was brilliant when I was there and I got first lines several mornings on deep snow just getting from one part of the mountain to another after dropping one of the kids off at ski school and having an absolute blast getting back to the rest of our group.
I can equally tell you I don't 'like' St.Anton as its forever linked with me having given myself food poisoning the night before we went.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I like anywhere that me and my mates are. Boarding with mates is the best times
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
...I can equally tell you I don't 'like' St.Anton as its forever linked with me having given myself food poisoning the night before we went.
I dislike Les Deux Alpes for the same reason, the only resort I've had to descend from 3,000m sitting on a bucket in the middle of a November snow storm.

Learning point: do not eat the chocolate moose early season, as it may be last season's.

Ischgl? Didn't like the "apres" concept, I'm not much of a table dancer. I was there late season one year and liked the descent runs to the village, which were massive valleys with not a soul on them, and the sort of sloppy snow which snowboards work well on and which suck for skis.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How easy is it to get to Ischgl by train? I'm looking to haul my board to that place next season. The last two years I've been focusing on Paradiski (Les Arcs side), because it's the least pain in the ass, since the train goes right into BSM.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I actually prefer snowboarding alone..
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
eaglesandsnowboarding wrote:
I actually prefer snowboarding alone..

Generally, so do I, but I had probably the single most enjoyable day of snowboarding I've ever had on the last day of 2023's EOSBash in Val Thorens and that was in no small part due to the company I kept for all but the last couple of runs: @tomj, @BertieCustard and @andipetch

Most of the week, I'd been happy boarding on my own or with 1 or 2 of the skiers from my room, but the fresh snow encouraged me to seek out some fellow boarders and @tomj invited me to join them. And he did a cracking job of safely guiding us towards some between-piste sections they'd already covered earlier in the week with others.

I probably wouldn't (and shouldn't) have explored those on my own, but in a small group, with no boundary pushing, we were able to look out for each other a little when necessary, but I also got to enjoy watching others making fresh tracks that I don't when boarding solo.

I'd still probably default to riding alone out of habit as much as anything, but clearly the right small group can work for me too Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@jebroni3_16, Aww shucks... Embarassed
Val Thorens has been my fave place to ride my snowboard; it's where I first learned and then have kept coming back for Family and End of Season bashes.

And yet... having spent a week exploring the Sella Ronda on the Birthday Bash 2022, I can honestly say that the 3 valleys are great but nothing like the Dolomites for stunning scenery and wonderful hospitality. The pistes were all beautifully maintained; we didn't get to do any off-piste. And there's the rub - it was a totally different experience.

So what to do? Well, join the GnarliBuG and see if it delivers the winning combination of off-piste excursions and Italian hospitality! I'll report back in 3 weeks. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The snowboard group(s) on the SOPiB has meant the area around Briancon holds a special place in my heart. Richard and Denis (on the rare lucky occasions we have 2 groups) always seem to find us the best snow of any guides on the trip and they are such nice guys. The rest of the snowboarders aren't so bad either Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If I have to pick an absolute favourite taking everything into account it has to be espace killy. Only stayed in tignes but would like to stay in val d'isere at some point. There are some remote areas where we spent hours on our own on what looked like the moon. There was so much snow it was awesome. Second is Chamonix, I just love the place.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Courchevel
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Call my weird but all my favourite places are 100% drag lifts Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I really have difficulty naming one place as it depends on the snow, the times you've had with the people and the adventure. Stayed in a really cool chalet in Bourg St Maurice around 2011 opposite the railway station called Chill Chalet. Sadly its no longer in operation. We had access to to Les Arc by funicular and with a schlep to La Plagne. Bused up to St Foy, La Rosiere and over to La Thuile in Italy for the day. We finished our trip off with 4 days in Tignes les Bois at another Brit run chalet (mountain sun). Remember sitting on a restaurant terrace early Saturday evening eating pizza in t shirt while the sun was going down just before we got on the overnight Eurostar back home having ridden 7 resorts in 10 days absolutely knackered and stoked.

Going back to Gressoney (on the GnarliBuG) after my first proper snowboard only holiday back in 2004 to see if it is as good as I remember. See you there @tomj, need to dance for ullr to get the off piste going!! If you have the snow you don't need the mega resorts I'll take a foot or 2 of fresh and small woodland anyday. Laughing
ski holidays
Tignes/Val d'Isere, PdS, Alpe d'Huez, St. Anton, Les Arcs. Tamworth*. All good but Tignes probably my favourite due to variety of terrain, scope and familiarity.
*Gotta take your turns where you can get them!
snow conditions
Tignes has been my favourite, snow conditions good, sun every day, nice wide pistes for cranking carves, plenty to explore for a week and not too busy when i went (first week of feb)
The town isn't the best but the Marmot Arms is a very nice place to go for a beer, followed by asian food from G's!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy