Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard lessons for young children

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I am looking for advice on where our 4 year old and 7 year old can have group snowboard lessons in France, Austria, Italy or Switzerland.

They are having them on a dry slope in the UK and we have taught them on one holiday in France but in order for us to more slope time, we are looking to put them in group lessons, ideally followed by childcare.

Failing this I know ESF do private snowboard lessons but group lessons would be better.

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to SH @Rome157W,

There are a good number of more snowboard focussed places out there, but we'd probably need to narrow that down a bit. If you're going somewhere small then options are going to be limited, but if you were going somewhere like Tignes, Les Arcs, Ischgl or one of the other bigger snowboard community locations, you'll have a lot more options.

If you haven't planned your trip too far yet, maybe take a look at the Family Bash as an option over on the snowEvents page....

The 7yo won't be a problem most places, but you may have some issues finding a spot for the 4yo as most offerings for that age are skiing. If, for example, you chose Tignes, then Rebel Alliance who are dedicated snowboard school and have a great reputation for teaching kids, tuition starts from 6yo - but it depends on the kid. Mine both started about 5 or 6 but that was with me taking them out, and spending a LOT of time literally walking them down the piste, moving them side-to-side on a board just to get the motion going. But if yours have both been on a board on a dry slope, you may be able to do something with a private instructor. Honestly, in my experience, expect for your own trip to be REALLY compromised for a few seasons... but its worth it in the end when you're lapping with your own wee shredder.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the advice. I haven't planned our next trip yet and will go wherever is best set up for the kids, subject to price of course. I will check out the Bash thanks.

It sounds like private lessons are needed for us then due to the 4 year old. Or we continue to teach them ourselves in the mornings each day and find somewhere with decent childcare to cover the afternoons again.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi @Richard_sideways, I just checked out the Bash but it notes that this is not really suitable for young children, which is our main aim. It looks like a great trip but for adults only, which would mean us getting babysitters in the UK for a week. So we will have to leave that one until our kids are much older.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Rome157W, The Spring Family Bash (6th Apr.) is specifically for families as it's in the Easter holiday to match up with schools - maybe you were looking at the End of Season Bash which isn't. It is a family friendly environment, there'll be lots of other families there so the kids will have other children to interact with, the hotel has good self-catering apartments and a pool to take the kids to on site. Theres been kids of all ages from teens down to babies.

You can always send a private message to Admin to find out more or ask any questions over on the thread linked.

If wall-to-wall childcare is more a thing for you, then maybe you want to take a look at Ski Esprit or Ski Famille might be a better fit.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi @Richard_sideways, Yes you are correct. I must have looked at the FAQs relating to end of season bash. Ah ok this does sound like an option then, although we'd need at least half a days childcare and we'd teach the kids ourself on the other half day. I will message admin.

thanks again for your comments. Much appreciated.

PS, we have been away with Family Ski (Crystal) which was great and have looked at Ski famile and Ski Esprit.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Rome157W, I can't specifically recommend them as I've not used them myself, but I've been looking at Mint Snowboarding in Morzine/Avoriaz for kids' tuition https://mintsnowboarding.com/kids/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy