Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Some classic tree skiing, best type of accessible off-piste there is for most?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Skiing through glaciated terrain, surrounded by seracs etc is probably the ultimate, whilst for others steep couloir chutes are their thing, but for most untracked open bowl skiing with big Freeride turns is as good a buzz as there is.

However, throw in lovely glades and well-spaced trees, so you can ski relatively quickly, then I find that hard to beat!

Trees can also be skied by most skiers who are proficient off-piste, and even when it gets steep and gnarly they seem to manage and enjoy the challenge.

Yesterday we went back up to a favourite area which always delivers, and as you can see it's pretty lush, only issue is that there's a 90 min climb 450m to get to the start of the skiing climb, in ye olde days we'd ski one pitch, have lunch and then climb up 400m for another line.

It's a classic case or earn your turns Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/pHE1VUuB0dw?si=u_aR_SndS5knvvDE
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah, tree skiing - when it isn't too dense, is the best I think. I like having to react to the trees. And trees tend to keep away the crowds.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
double post ignore

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 15-01-24 11:29; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agreed.

There are certain resorts with certain runs with certain glades in Japan that are heaven for tree skiing junkies, where there is always a gap, always deep snow to catch you, and you’re laying first tracks. No, I’m not going to tell you where they are Twisted Evil
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PowderAdict wrote:
Agreed.

There are certain resorts with certain runs with certain glades in Japan that are heaven for tree skiing junkies, where there is always a gap, always deep snow to catch you, and you’re laying first tracks. No, I’m not going to tell you where they are Twisted Evil

They're everywhere Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy